PDA

View Full Version : Coach thats making his return to 3A

BHBrave08
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Don Price, formerly of Barbers Hill (in 3A and 4A), has made his return to 3A... with the Hamshire-Fannett Longhorns.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/local/h-f_plans_to_hire_a_football_coach_tonight.html

Pick6
04-06-2010, 04:44 PM
As long as we're talking returning coaches, Buddy Ryan will return to the Gainesville sidelines for homecoming this year according to the admin's office.

87 TIGER
04-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Walt Mangan former HC @ Hamshire-Fannett just hired on as assistant softball & football in Rockdale . Glad to have him

Twirling Time
04-07-2010, 05:06 AM
What, nothing about G.A. Moore?

BHBrave08
04-07-2010, 05:32 AM
I was wondering if Mangan would stay after they "resigned" him at HF. I guess this answers that question. From what I here Price is not going to be able to bring but maybe one or two in at HF but thats just from the Southeast Texas rumor-mill. Also, I was wondering if Mahaffey (the HF head baseball coach who applied for the AD job) will stay now that he didn't get the job. I guess that is more dependent on if he is comfortable in HF and was just hoping to get a promotion or if he actually wants to be a AD/HC somewhere and will continue looking in other places.

NastySlot
04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Walt Mangan former HC @ Hamshire-Fannett just hired on as assistant softball & football in Rockdale . Glad to have him

Great Softball Coach...good addition.......is Kristen Gunter still the HC for softball there? She was Mangan's catcher at Brenham.

kaorder1999
04-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Great Softball Coach...good addition.......is Kristen Gunter still the HC for softball there? She was Mangan's catcher at Brenham.

Mangan is a GREAT hire there. I got to know him pretty well when he was at Kemp. Pretty cool dude

87 TIGER
04-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Great Softball Coach...good addition.......is Kristen Gunter still the HC for softball there? She was Mangan's catcher at Brenham. Yes Gunter is HC he is stepping in at AC. He has been on the field the last 2 games.

West22
04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I think Coach Price will do a good job for H/F.Hopefully he can bring back some of the winning tridition at H/F. With the support of the team and community I think better days are ahead.Good luck to all.