PDA

View Full Version : Williamson County

PPSTATEBOUND
04-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Any truth to their Law Enforcement Agency being the most corrupt bunch of thugs in Texas?

LE Dad
04-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Any truth to their Law Enforcement Agency being the most corrupt bunch of thugs in Texas? :eek: :eek:

:D

Old Tiger
04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I know one thing is that you do not want a DUI or a DWI there. They go the maximum and then some on it.

Pick6
04-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I know one thing is that you do not want a DUI or a DWI there. They go the maximum and then some on it.

All counties should go maximum and then some.

Old Tiger
04-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
All counties should go maximum and then some. No like beyond what the law states.

LH Panther Mom
04-05-2010, 05:25 PM
The Sheriff's Dept? :confused: I guess I need to read or listen to the news. :p

LH Panther Mom
04-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Well, if you're not driving drunk/under the influence, then you don't have to worry about it!

injuredinmelee
04-05-2010, 08:13 PM
If your not violating the law you should have anything to worry about. I am pretty happy with Williamson County DA's office so far.

navscanmaster
04-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I used to be a scanner hobbyist of sorts, and liked listening to active fires and such. They joined with Travis County on a multimillion dollar digital radio system 2 years ago, and unlike Austin and Travis County, after getting every FD, EMS, and law enforcement agency in the county radios on the system, they encrypted almost everything on their channels. It is very, very unusual for a sheriff or PD to encrypt routine dispatch, but unheard of for fire departments to encrypt. That ought to give you some insight about how the mindset of the law enforcement powers that be think.

LE Dad
04-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I used to be a scanner hobbyist of sorts, and liked listening to active fires and such. They joined with Travis County on a multimillion dollar digital radio system 2 years ago, and unlike Austin and Travis County, after getting every FD, EMS, and law enforcement agency in the county radios on the system, they encrypted almost everything on their channels. It is very, very unusual for a sheriff or PD to encrypt routine dispatch, but unheard of for fire departments to encrypt. That ought to give you some insight about how the mindset of the law enforcement powers that be think. Big Brother doesn't want you listening to him.:thinking: I guess I can understand it to a degree, but surely they know that if someone wants to listen they will...

Trashman
04-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Any truth to their Law Enforcement Agency being the most corrupt bunch of thugs in Texas?

I don't know about corrupt, but I do know they work traffic very hard. I was at the end of Ronald Regan Blvd. and two cycle jocks were working traffic around 4:00PM. No traffic to speak of, other than me. I just smiled and waved......:D

CenTexSports
04-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I have been stopped twice in the last 10 years and both were in Williamson County. Both times at night coming home from the Austin airport. The first time for a broken lens on the back of my truck and the other for a supposedly broken back plate light (1 of 2). In both cases the deputy drove very fast right up on my bumper and then flipped his lights on (I guess trying to rattle me).

I don't know if this proves anything but I consider them a little shady.

Old Tiger
04-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I have been stopped twice in the last 10 years and both were in Williamson County. Both times at night coming home from the Austin airport. The first time for a broken lens on the back of my truck and the other for a supposedly broken back plate light (1 of 2). In both cases the deputy drove very fast right up on my bumper and then flipped his lights on (I guess trying to rattle me).

I don't know if this proves anything but I consider them a little shady. see the thing is most people not from around the area and who do not drive in the county very much don't understand how shady and crappy they are.

PPSTATEBOUND
04-06-2010, 12:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz4edTYWxgU

Very enlightning...the comments let them have it.

garciap77
04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:eek: :eek:

:D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

injuredinmelee
04-06-2010, 04:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz4edTYWxgU

Very enlightning...the comments let them have it.

because Cable access shows usually have the most intelligent folks speaking. Should see what Art Bell thinks too.