NateDawg39
04-03-2010, 07:51 PM
yay!

Keith7
04-03-2010, 07:57 PM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s37/smilies-9349.png

Cameron Crazy
04-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Butler is really going to have to stop Duke from basically shooting. Duke proved tonight that they can beat you from anywhere, and you can put anyone on them. It's a crying shame that Butler from WV went down and had to leave the game because he is the floor general for that team.

Butler hopefully won't play a zone against Duke, because if they do they are going to get lit up from outside. They are going to have to get a lead and slow the game down to their tempo. If they don't then it's going to get out of hand really fast. Offensive rebounds are something that they are going to have to contend for as well, good luck with a big 7'1 guy in the middle but I don't count you out for anything anymore, you guys have proved that you deserve to be where you are.

My username says it all, I have been an avid Duke fan for a long time, and I sure do hope they can bring home a championship.

maestro
04-04-2010, 09:13 AM
what has surprised me is that butler can play man vs these schools and hold their own. offensive rebounding has helped butler. great story!!!

but GO DUKE !!!

griff
04-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Butler plays only man-to-man defense. Duke will have their hands full because in Butler's offense, all five players touch the ball. Pressing the perimeter, like they did against Baylor and WV, will have limited effect because of Butler's contant five-man motion offense and ball-handling skills. Butler's biggest concern should be the three-point shooting of Duke. I look for a good game.

Go Butler!

Pawdaddy
04-04-2010, 02:24 PM
.......by 8, finishing strong in the last 3 minutes.

This was really just to see if I had been banned. So, carry on!:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ex-Tiger2005
04-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by maestro
what has surprised me is that butler can play man vs these schools and hold their own. offensive rebounding has helped butler. great story!!!

but GO DUKE !!!

They played the Cuse really tough man and they just got after them all day long. I think they can do the same vs Duke, but Duke is really hot right now. I am hoping it will be a great game, the intensity will blow the roof off in the first 5 minutes!

SintonPirateFan
04-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Duke HAS to stay out of foul trouble in this game. Zoubek did a good job vs W. Virginia--his offensive rebounds won the game. i like how he doesn't even try to shoot, just looks for the open guard on the perimeter for an "automatic" 3. Butler likes a slow pace, Duke is too smart of a team to allow that to go on for too long.

DUKE22
04-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Duke by 10. If Duke plays good, Butler has no shot im sorry. If Duke plays bad it will be a tight game. I think what the bulldogs have done is amazing, but it stops tonight. Duke gets number 4 and UNC got second in the NIT. Now that is awesome.

SintonPirateFan
04-05-2010, 09:26 AM
yeah i dont think it will be close... duke wins 76-61

....unless the officials try to keep it close.

eagles_victory
04-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Duke by 10. If Duke plays good, Butler has no shot im sorry. If Duke plays bad it will be a tight game. I think what the bulldogs have done is amazing, but it stops tonight. Duke gets number 4 and UNC got second in the NIT. Now that is awesome. Don't worry they will be back.

DUKE22
04-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Don't worry they will be back. Oh I am sure they will. They simply reload every year w talent. However I am going to enjoy every bit of it. You dont get many opportunities in the DUKE/UNC rivalry to enjoy a year like this.

eagles_victory
04-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Oh I am sure they will. They simply reload every year w talent. However I am going to enjoy every bit of it. You dont get many opportunities in the DUKE/UNC rivalry to enjoy a year like this. This year will be like 93 was in the rivalry in the 90's except the opposite.

DUKE22
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
This year will be like 93 was in the rivalry in the 90's except the opposite. Uh no I dont think so. Losing in the second round to California as a 2 seed and losing in the finals of the NIT is a bit different. Maybe like 95 even though UNC did not win it, the two teams were like night and day. I see what you are saying though.

maestro
04-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
yeah i dont think it will be close... duke wins 76-61

....unless the officials try to keep it close.

uh.....coach izzo ???? you're on this board???

hahahahha i KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING....and it's been going on in the nba for decades.

eagles_victory
04-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Uh no I dont think so. Losing in the second round to California as a 2 seed and losing in the finals of the NIT is a bit different. Maybe like 95 even though UNC did not win it, the two teams were like night and day. I see what you are saying though. Missed my point. I was just saying it was a rain of Duke dominance making the final four 5 out of 6 years I believe it was but in 93 UNC got in there and won it. I think now were in an era of Carolina dominance for the most part with 3 final fours in 5 years before this year and this is the year Duke sneaks in and gets it so to speak. Not sure UNC dominates again like recently but it is kind of similar.

DUKE22
04-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Missed my point. I was just saying it was a rain of Duke dominance making the final four 5 out of 6 years I believe it was but in 93 UNC got in there and won it. I think now were in an era of Carolina dominance for the most part with 3 final fours in 5 years before this year and this is the year Duke sneaks in and gets it so to speak. Not sure UNC dominates again like recently but it is kind of similar. Agreed and Carolina will be back. It will be awesome next year. The rivarly is much better when they are both good.

eagles_victory
04-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Agreed and Carolina will be back. It will be awesome next year. The rivarly is much better when they are both good. I still find it crazy they have never met in the tournament.I dont know how good UNC will be yea they have Harrison Barnes but they just didn't look good at all this year. I just don't see the Henson kid ever being a major player but I could be wrong. Singler probably goes pro and losing Scheyer the Blue Devils may be down a little bit next year.

DUKE22
04-06-2010, 05:29 AM
I still find it crazy they have never met in the tournament.I dont know how good UNC will be yea they have Harrison Barnes but they just didn't look good at all this year. I just don't see the Henson kid ever being a major player but I could be wrong. Singler probably goes pro and losing Scheyer the Blue Devils may be down a little bit next year. I think Roy Williams will do a better job next season of pushing the buttons. I will be shocked if Singler or Smith go anywhere. Add those two to Seth Curry, the Plumlees, Ryan Kelly and the best point guard comin in since Jay Williams and Duke will be a handful again. BTW Butler is gonna be pretty dang good again.

Phil C
04-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Butler lost a great one but if there is ever a moral victory this is it. Considering Butler has a basketball budget of a small fraction of Duke's and they had one of their key players out with an injury. This was most remarkable.

Bullaholic
04-06-2010, 10:23 AM
What a court war! Somebody said--"2 Winners, 1 Champ", and I think that says it all. What a great Final. Hats off to both great teams for some great sports entertainment.

I was really impressed by Duke's "up and in" inbound execution/score on a couple of plays. Lots of hours of practice to get that right.