PDA

View Full Version : Texarkana

wildstangs
04-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Anyone on the board live out that way? Why is the whole town under construction at the same time? What a mess.

Emerson1
04-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Forney is doing the same thing. They have all of the major road work going on right now so it's only 2 years of it being really really bad instead of 6 years of semi bad.

CelinaCatFan
04-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I guess it's a sign of progress. I have family that lives off Richmond Road in Texarkana. We have to use a different route to get to their house everytime we go!

LE Dad
04-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Anyone on the board live out that way? Why is the whole town under construction at the same time? What a mess. I 49 coming thru and they are converting all of I 30 frontage roads into 1 way. It is going to get worse once they start building the new convention center and Stateline Ave flyover construction this summer. Then once that is done they will start building a huge open air mall over by Gander Mtn. This little ole place ain't so little anymore.

LE Dad
04-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I guess it's a sign of progress. I have family that lives off Richmond Road in Texarkana. We have to use a different route to get to their house everytime we go! Yep, that area is the worst. It is a nightmare to get from one side of I 30 to the other, and Richmond Rd is sooo congested by the mall.

Aesculus gilmus
04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Texarkana USA — the city so nice they named it twice. ;)

wildstangs
04-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Every time we go to/from Little Rock we say we are going to stop there, only to pass through due to the construction. Yesterday we finally stopped and it took 20 minutes to navigate around the city. Guess we will plan on stopping in Hope, Arkansas for gas and food from now on.

LE Dad
04-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Every time we go to/from Little Rock we say we are going to stop there, only to pass through due to the construction. Yesterday we finally stopped and it took 20 minutes to navigate around the city. Guess we will plan on stopping in Hope, Arkansas for gas and food from now on. It should be just a couple more months till the loop flyovers are complete and you can bypass most of the construction.

Phil C
04-05-2010, 08:47 AM
I remember twice in Freer they tore up all the streets and then paved them. I always wondered why they didn't just tear a few streets up and then pave them as time went by instead of all that mess. Of course it rained and it made the mess worse and more delays. They did the same thing in Kingsville except they did large areas instead of the whole town which was fortunate but it still was a mess.

Now when I lived in Tyler it was completely the opposite. They would tear up one street in the morning and start paving in the afternoon and by the evening we had a new paved street. They did this as they went along. No long term mess.

Bullaholic
04-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I remember twice in Freer they tore up all the streets and then paved them. I always wondered why they didn't just tear a few streets up and then pave them as time went by instead of all that mess. Of course it rained and it made the mess worse and more delays. They did the same thing in Kingsville except they did large areas instead of the whole town which was fortunate but it still was a mess.

Now when I lived in Tyler it was completely the opposite. They would tear up one street in the morning and start paving in the afternoon and by the evening we had a new paved street. They did this as they went along. No long term mess.

They tore up BOTH streets in Freer at the same time, Phil? :D
When it rained I bet it sure was rough on the horses and wagons.

SintonPirateFan
04-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
They tore up BOTH streets in Freer at the same time, Phil? :D
When it rained I bet it sure was rough on the horses and wagons.

they had to wear waders to the rattlesnake roundup!!

LE Dad
04-05-2010, 09:49 AM
It's not the whole town,:doh: It's about 5 mile of I 30 , which just seems like the whole town when you are traveling through. The main reason that they are doing it all at once is it must all be done at once. The project is to make the frontage roads 1 way and improve the interchanges at Stateline and Jarvis Parkway. Texarkana is one of the fastest growing citys, under 100,000 inpopulation, in Texas. Texas High is proclaiming they will be 5A , possibly as soon as next realignment, and the other 2 Texas side schools are both solid 3A.

We are still Twice as Nice...even with all the mess.:D

Matthew328
04-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Texas High should be 5A in 2012. That'll make for an interesting realignment

LE Dad
04-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Texas High should be 5A in 2012. That'll make for an interesting realignment If John Tyler goes back up it would work out well T High, Longview, Lee, JT, Lufkin and??. I still will have to see it to believe it, but then again I was shocked that they dropped to 4A.

Twirling Time
04-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Texas High should be 5A in 2012. That'll make for an interesting realignment

That's only because the Arkansas side did away with the state income tax exception. When it's all said and done L-E will be scraping 4A, so the UIL will still have a 4A alignment issue.

THS will probably be the odd No. 8 in the Garland ISD district unless Rockwall slips over the line, in which case they'll slide to the Mesquite- Longview- Tyler district.

44INAROW
04-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Every time we go to/from Little Rock we say we are going to stop there, only to pass through due to the construction. Yesterday we finally stopped and it took 20 minutes to navigate around the city. Guess we will plan on stopping in Hope, Arkansas for gas and food from now on.

I was born in Hope ;)

jason
04-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
If John Tyler goes back up it would work out well T High, Longview, Lee, JT, Lufkin and??. I still will have to see it to believe it, but then again I was shocked that they dropped to 4A. forney high maybe?

Matthew328
04-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I expect both Rockwall and Heath to move up to 5A next realignment.

Could see

Tyler Lee
Longview
Texas High
John Tyler
Rockwall
Rockwall-Heath

If JT or Longview or both are 4A you move the 3 Mesquite ISD schools in.