PDA

View Full Version : Bellville-Sealy game

BrahmaMom
11-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Well, what a district championship match! Bellville pulled out the stops for a packed house at the Pasture of Pain. I didn't learn till after the game that 22 was trusting me to report, I'm a mom who goes with "close game" vs "big win", not a detail person and 73, as we all know, was in Columbus, so bear with me and any inaccuracies--these details come from one of the Brahma watermen near and dear to my heart, who isn't 11 yet. Those of you in attendance feel free to correct me or add to...Bellville shut down Andrus effectively most of the game, but when he broke loose we were glad we contained him well! That boy is fast! DT Anthony Henry had 6 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, CB Grady Skelton had a beautiful interception, Goeke had 2 TD's, 2 touchbacks, and 3 PATs, Bryant had 2 TD and ran hard and got hit hard in the first half but came back strong, Buenger showed his diversity again running the ball several times for good gains inc. 2 first downs, Sanders had 5 caught passes with 2 returns of @ 25 yards, the linebackers were all ON and hitting hard, Grell had 2 sacks, 5 tackles and 3 tackles for loss, Milstid and Laughter made some key tackles. For Sealy, I thought Brantly had a tremendous game, they have some big boys, Andrus is a player no doubt, Schneider seemed to be their best defensive man (I say this b/c I heard his name the most)but their D line is tough. I am no expert but I thought this was a contest between two talented teams with excellent coaching--two class programs, if you will. Austin County has every reason to be very proud of these boys. Congratulations to both teams on a great game and good luck in the play offs. fullhouse, you have every reason to be very proud, what a player--what'd he play, 3 different positions?

BrahmaMom
11-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Also met a fellow 3ADL'er from Navasota and enjoyed the visit. Congrats to the Rattlers on their win tonight and good luck!

the tigers are back
11-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Hey brahma mom! i wish ya'll the best in the play-offs,but just maybe we can do this again if we both continue to win.I can say one thing the 2nd team didn't get a chance to in this game.I'm just a little sore on the running game,because we just didn't get the line off the ball fast tonight.Oh what the heck this game is behind us finally after 10 weeks of waiting.I can say this it was worth it all,but i just knew that we would come back and get in this game.Hey good wishes to ya'll ok. :D

Bull's-eye
11-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Great job BrahmaMom! Bellville held Andrus to 75 yds on 18 carries. Bellville's defense played great, with Henry, Grell, Ward, Millstid, and Laughter leading the way. Henry lived in the tiger backfield all night long. Bellville held Sealy to only 184 total yards.

venomous tat2
11-08-2003, 04:22 AM
HEY brahmaMom you did't miss a beat all nite you know you could be a very good sports caster. I don't care what anybody else says YOU know your football. best of luck and GODS blessings in the playoffs.23AAA best in the state!!!.

fullhouse
11-08-2003, 08:29 AM
Good report BMom ~ I'm impressed! The Brahmas are everything I thought they would be ~ well coached and LOADED with talent. Good boys too! I think our boys gave up about half way thru the 4th quarter when we failed to tie it up. Thanks for the comments on my boy ~ he's been out with the flu and has been nursing a sprained (kicking)ankle all week so I was a bit concerned. Congratulations to the Bulls on the championship and good luck in the weeks to come. Did Garrett come home? I couldn't believe how early the place got packed!
I trust Josh Bryant is okay, huh? If so, looks like our prayers worked!

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: fullhouse ]</small>

BrahmaMom
11-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Wow, fullhouse, you couldn't tell he'd been sick a day in his life and his kicks were good, the last one a little short. I think your guys were a little stunned when they couldn't pull it out towards the end, I don't know that they gave up. Hey, they stood firm and didn't give a few inches when we needed a first down, we allowed the inches that one time--my biggest concern the whole season, we never stop those few inches. Though I loved our sacks last night and tackles for loss. My husband was right, your baby's a player, get ready for the play-offs then off-season, then NEXT season, look out! tat2, my 10 yr old waterman from the sidelines helped me with the details, I can't take credit. Enjoyed our visit immensely, Navasota is lucky to have you on their side. I think your guys are growing, I see why, give 'em a few years and y'all will be major players. Best of luck as you go forward, tell Burnet we said HI and we'd have been there and done what we had to do if y'all weren't there, and God Bless. 23-3A is well-represented this year. Stay safe!

BrahmaMom
11-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Fullhouse, no Garrett didn't come home, I think watching it is either hard on him or boring now. I think Josh Bryant is okay, he went back in and played well. I bet he is sore today. I'll check with his mom at the store Monday when I go. I was there an hour early and couldn't believe how crowded it was. Y'all relax today and catch your breath at your house, cuz that was just the beginning--you may want to serve take-out the next several weeks, and I hope you have your Christmas shopping done!

Red Raider
11-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Good report Brahmamom. Bryant is fun to watch.I was a little concerned when he was hit, but knew he was ok when I saw Sanders leave him. The Buenger-Goeke connection was alive. Sealy seemed to have Runnels number,but he still made the plays. Grell stepped up to make that much needed stop. Skelton made his play as well.I followed the Sealy buses out of the parking lot and couldn't help, but feel for those players. Both teams played with class. Go Bulls

BrahmaMom
11-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Yep, I felt for the Tigers, too. They played so hard and well, I hate it someone has to lose when two good teams play.

3ahunter2k4
11-08-2003, 01:56 PM
awesome report brahmamom couldn't have been put better... jobow had only one touchdown because on his long run the ref said he was downed at the half-yard line. Louie ran it in for the score, everything else sounded perfect. Anthony Henry-wow, i didn't realize he had 6 sacks that is awesome. can't wait to keep up with the team in the playoffs. we scrimmaged giddings and i happened to see some of it, they aren't a bad team at all they kept up with our boys but then again that was a scrimmage, who knows.

3ahunter2k4
11-09-2003, 11:07 PM
Wow! what a win! I didn't realize that we had that many sacks. Excellent report B-Mom and that Henry boy. What can you say? I remember last year when he was on scout team that if you got him on his motor, he was tough to block. I guess someone finally fired that boy up. Congrats to the Brahmas and good luck on the road to State.