PDA

View Full Version : Speed Cushion Gone

rancher
03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
After reading the recent post on speeding ticket, here is one article all lead footed drivers need to read.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-30-speeding-cushion_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

STANG RED
03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
I actually got a warning for running 70 in a 60 in northern Nebraska a couple weeks back. I was surprised he gave me a warning. I figured with Texas plates on my truck, my goose was cooked. But the guy was real nice and let me go with a little slap on the wrist. It worked to, I kept it legal for the rest of my journey.

Actually I had no intention of speeding. I had just turned onto this rural highway, got to 70 and set my cruise. I had forgotten for a moment that many states dont let you run 70 on anything less than an interstate. I'm just used to getting on the Texas state highways and setting my cruise on 70. I just kinda go into autopilot sometimes on my long road trips, and forget where I'm at, when not in Texas.

Yoe_09
03-31-2010, 03:00 PM
hmm i usually cruise about 73 normally. I have seen a few cops and have never gotten a ticket but who knows what could happen.

Astrosdawg07
03-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Ya I normally set my cruise at around 5 over and hardly ever get pulled over unless I have missed a speed limit sign. But I will say I was pulled over in Martindale (outside of Luling) for going 75 in a 70. Thankfully after making me do the stupid human tricks and searching my truck, I received a warning.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-31-2010, 06:40 PM
I've never been pulled over.

skins4life
03-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
hmm i usually cruise about 73 normally. I have seen a few cops and have never gotten a ticket but who knows what could happen.

I had set mine at 73 the other day on I-20 just west of Big Spring and got stopped. I'm thinking to myself, you've got to be kidding, for 73, anyway he got on his computer and printed me out a warning. Moral of the story, if you're in Howard county, run the speed limit.

skins4life
03-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Ya I normally set my cruise at around 5 over and hardly ever get pulled over unless I have missed a speed limit sign. But I will say I was pulled over in Martindale (outside of Luling) for going 75 in a 70. Thankfully after making me do the stupid human tricks and searching my truck, I received a warning.

LOL on the stupid human tricks.

sinton66
03-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Most auto manufacturers only guarantee the accuracy of their speedometers at + or - 3 mph. In Texas, they have flat sections of interstates marked off at one mile intervals. Each driver is supposed to CHECK the accuracy of their speedometer and adjust their speed accordingly. DPS will normally give a 5 mph cushion, but they don't actually have to.