PDA

View Full Version : Burnt out

BaseballUmp
03-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Do you ever get burnt out on a sport?

I called so many baseball games this weekend that I dont even want to watch another baseball game for a while...anyone ever just get tired of watching a sport? besides the basics like soccer and hockey? lol

NateDawg39
03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
I get tired of football half way through the season...playoffs help revive it though

coach
03-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Do you ever get burnt out on a sport?

I called so many baseball games this weekend that I dont even want to watch another baseball game for a while...anyone ever just get tired of watching a sport? besides the basics like soccer and hockey? lol

i got hrown out of a softball game last night....stupid umpires

BaseballUmp
03-30-2010, 12:50 AM
I called 3 tonight and my supervisor decided to make up a rule about guy to girl ratio and then she left halfway through the game so id have to deal with all the crap talking...needless to say, i told the team that lost that I would definately protest this game and that I would vouch for them cuz this supervisor was pretty shady and apparently I was the only one on staff that knew anything about the game lol

Txbroadcaster
03-30-2010, 04:44 AM
When I broadcast a season by week 3 of pre-season I am ready for district to get started for the "real" games..then by about week 3 of district I am ready for the play-offs to get going

Then when season is over I am all sad lol

LE Dad
03-30-2010, 08:26 AM
If you're actually participating in the sport, then I can see how you get burned out. You've got more time and effort invested than the average fan just watching a game. You must be there at the game at a certain time and must stay till a certain time. Fans can show up when they want and leave when they want, so it is not nearly as stressful. :D

BullsFan
03-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I get tired of football half way through the season...playoffs help revive it though

That's just cause you have to watch Decatur. I'd get burnt out too if I was watching that blue business. :D ;)

Phil C
03-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by coach
i got hrown out of a softball game last night....stupid umpires

:confused: Why?

espn1
03-31-2010, 09:28 PM
We can't get burnt out. My ten year old still has ten tourneys left, the last one lasts a week in Frisco. (http://www.superseriesbaseball.com/frisco.asp) We still have a lot of traveling left.

BaseballUmp
03-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Yea I've got 3 more tournaments lined up this month. Prolly 30 games to call atleast

espn1
03-31-2010, 09:38 PM
do you ump in Round Rock?

bobcat4life
03-31-2010, 09:50 PM
I can get pretty burnt out on football about this time of year because off-season can get really boring but now Im missing it becuase I cant workout since I had my finger ripped off and had to get it re-attached.

BaseballUmp
03-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by espn1
do you ump in Round Rock?

Naw not right now, Ive done some in Pflugerville but mostly I go to College Station. This summer tho I'll probably be working with the Austin Baseball Umpire Assoc. doing alot more around here

BwdLion73
04-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
:confused: Why?

I think he said it was because the umpire was stupid.
:) ;)