PDA

View Full Version : Van's new HC/AD

icu812
03-29-2010, 05:31 PM
It's down to 2 finalists.

1. 2A HC in Waco area
2. 4A OC North of Dallas

Both seem like good coaches but two totally different offenses.

Spread & Slot T

The last few yrs. Van has been alternating no huddle spread & power i. I really hope we go with the slot t guy because I think it suits our kids better.

Should have an answer in a few days.

LE Dad
03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by icu812
It's down to 2 finalists.

1. 2A HC in Waco area
2. 4A OC North of Dallas

Both seem like good coaches but two totally different offenses.

Spread & Slot T

The last few yrs. Van has been alternating no huddle spread & power i. I really hope we go with the slot t guy because I think it suits our kids better.

Should have an answer in a few days. Keep us posted. Sounds like Van is taking their time to get the right coach in there.

icu812
03-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Grady Rowe from Troy is one of the two finalists, as is Jared Moffatt, the offensive coordinator at Denton Ryan High School.

Apparently two good coaches. Its going to be interesting to see who they choose.

icu812
04-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Went with the spread guy. Welcome to Van!!

Multiple sources have told Smoaky.com that Van superintendent Joddie Witte will recommend Jared Moffatt as their next athletic director and head football coach.

Moffatt has been the offensive coordinator at Denton Ryan for the past eight years, and has been a finalist in a handful of coaching searches in East Texas the past 2-3 years.

Moffatt is a Sulphur Springs native and earned his degree at Angelo State University.

Prior to his eight years at Denton Ryan, Moffatt spent one year in the Ryan Middle School system, and three years as an assistant at Irion County High School.

The recommendation is expected at the April 8th school board meeting, and if approved, Moffatt will replace Brady Pennington who left to become an assistant at New Caney Porter High School.

David Smoak