PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 census

PPSTATEBOUND
03-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Okay so I just called the Census office and told them I was an illegal alien and that me and my 8 illegal brothers live in the same house, and that we were all scared if we filled the paperwork out that we would not beable to live off the system any more I.E. free medical pay no taxes free food stamps etc....and that our wifes were thinking about coming over and were scared if we got in trouble they could not not live off the system either.

She replied by telling me that she could promise we would not get in trouble and that we could continue to live off the system and that our wifes could do so as well. I told her I was still scared and she told me it was a United States law and I would get in trouble if I did not fill it out and send it back. But would still beable to live for free if I turned it in.

.:confused:

OLE'BULL
03-29-2010, 01:19 PM
TELL ME YOU'RE KIDDING?!?!?!?!?

LE Dad
03-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Ha Ha... I've got a better one for ya! My nieces husband was born in Honduras and was brought into the country illegally with his mother. His mother married an American, who adopted him at the age of 6. He married my niece and has enjoyed every right that a US citizen should. He has purchased several guns and undergone backgound checks for employment without any problems.

Last month he applied for a concealed handgun permit and this triggered a Homeland security investigation. ICE called his supervisor and told him that my nephew may not be eliglible to work and could possibly face deportation. It has something to do with his birthdate on his 30 year old Honduran birth certificate. He has now retained a lawyer to sort this out and prevent him from losing his job.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
TELL ME YOU'RE KIDDING?!?!?!?!?

Nope. That was the truth. She actually sounded symapathetic that I was worried about getting in trouble.:confused:

NastySlot
03-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Okay so I just called the Census office and told them I was an illegal alien and that me and my 8 illegal brothers live in the same house, and that we were all scared if we filled the paperwork out that we would not beable to live off the system any more I.E. free medical pay no taxes free food stamps etc....and that our wifes were thinking about coming over and were scared if we got in trouble they could not not live off the system either.

She replied by telling me that she could promise we would not get in trouble and that we could continue to live off the system and that our wifes could do so as well. I told her I was still scared and she told me it was a United States law and I would get in trouble if I did not fill it out and send it back. But would still beable to live for free if I turned it in.

ok....i was just thinking about something...don't pay taxes?.......not too sure maybe someone could help me....now I know most illegals probably don't own property so no tax there.....but don't they have taxes withdrawn from their checks........and if they rent doesn't a portion of the rent go toward taxes paid by the property owner collecting rent........probably dumb question but i was just wondering?

just wondering

Old Tiger
03-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
ok....i was just thinking about something...don't pay taxes?.......not too sure maybe someone could help me....now I know most illegals probably don't own property so no tax there.....but don't they have taxes withdrawn from their checks........and if they rent doesn't a portion of the rent go toward taxes paid by the property owner collecting rent........probably dumb question but i was just wondering?

just wondering paid cash and you don't have to file anything.

NastySlot
03-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
paid cash and you don't have to file anything.

ic

BullsFan
03-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Many of them do get paid in cash, but in order to establish residency they have to have filed tax returns for a certain number of years. So they come in, file their returns using an ITIN (which the IRS gives freely in order to prevent them using someone else's actual SSN), and end up having to pay not only their portion of their taxes but their employer's portion as well. Or they have their taxes withdrawn but don't file a tax return for fear of being deported, thereby not getting a tax refund like everyone else who works for as little as they do. I know a lot of people see illegal immigrants as a drain on society, but if I wasn't bound by confidentiality I could tell you some horror stories about red-blooded Americans who use and abuse their illegal employees terribly.

ronwx5x
03-29-2010, 03:12 PM
If illegals report no income, they pay no FICA. This would mean they will not be eligible for social security benefits or medicare, if my thinking is correct.

If they rent a home or an apartment, the owner pays real estate taxes from the rent, thus they pay indirectly, just like any other renter.

If they have a social security number, even if it is fake, they pay FICA. Thus they pay in, but receive no benefits.

Sounds like they don't have it so good after all. I'm not advocating illegal immigration, just playing devil's advocate.

BullsFan
03-29-2010, 03:14 PM
If their employer withholds, they pay FICA. If they don't file a return, they don't get a refund regardless of what their employer withholds. And if they do it with a SSN that is not their own, then the FICA withholds aren't credited to their account anyway. They are also not eligible for many of the tax breaks American citizens get.

BaseballUmp
03-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
If illegals report no income, they pay no FICA. This would mean they will not be eligible for social security benefits or medicare, if my thinking is correct.

If they rent a home or an apartment, the owner pays real estate taxes from the rent, thus they pay indirectly, just like any other renter.

If they have a social security number, even if it is fake, they pay FICA. Thus they pay in, but receive no benefits.

Sounds like they don't have it so good after all. I'm not advocating illegal immigration, just playing devil's advocate.

Yea I agree, and nice playage of Devil's advocate lol

garciap77
03-29-2010, 11:06 PM

8 illegal brothers

:thinking:

BaseballUmp
03-29-2010, 11:17 PM
I remember my friend telling me that one summer the immigration officers came to this factory he was working at, and like 40 guys just started busting out of the windows. they are an illusive bunch lol

LE Dad
03-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I remember my friend telling me that one summer the immigration officers came to this factory he was working at, and like 40 guys just started busting out of the windows. they are an illusive bunch lol Back in the Pilgrims Pride days when INS showed up the plant would have a huge illness rate.

Guess something was in the water??

BaseballUmp
03-29-2010, 11:30 PM
idk, but about 3 times my friend that worked there during the summer said that people would just tear off in a mad sprint trying to get out of there

Phil C
03-30-2010, 10:12 AM
I have already filled mine out and put it in the mail. :)

Phantom Stang
03-30-2010, 10:37 AM

Did she say something like, "My, your English is good!"?:p

LE Dad
03-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Did she say something like, "My, your English is good!"?:p Si':D

garciap77
03-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Did she say something like, "My, your English is good!"?:p

:thinking:

:D