PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 2: What about visors?

StangEm
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
New Head Coach nixed our staff of the right to wear visors this morning at our meeting. This comes a week after he told us we all had to be shaven. Comments?

Old Tiger
03-29-2010, 10:00 AM
quit whining and do your job and things will be alright.

StangEm
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm not whining, bro. Just curious to see what others think about these changes. Easy killer........

ronwx5x
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
This would be a great thread for "I DON'T CARE". I have to wear a suit every day. Should I complain to anyone who might listen? Life has rules so get over it.

StangEm
03-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Ok.....I just read a thread with a poll attatched asking whether or not people re-use their bath towel after one use or not! Where's the hate on that one? I'm looking for some feedback on if you agree with the policy change or not. Get your panties out of your butt.

Bullaholic
03-29-2010, 10:12 AM
I am "old school", so get ready. IMO, the pursuit of excellence starts with discipline and dedication on the parts of coaches and players alike. Impinging on a few personal freedoms to achieve goals is a small price to pay for success and the pride which will follow. As long as your HC "walks his talk", does not compromise his standards personally, and works harder and longer than anyone else--consider yourself fortunate to have possibly hitched your wagon to a winner.

Did you ever notice that if you asked people to point out some of the most admired and successful individuals in our society in any field of endeavor, they invariably name those who maintained high standards and worked harder than most to achieve their success?

Rah-Rah and maintainence of high standards do work when employed by the right individuals in charge, if they have the ability to "sell" it honestly by example, and believe strongly in their programs.

War and high school athletics vary significantly in terms of degree of importance, but they do share a common dependence on good leadership to achieve goals. The following movie clip personifies the type of leadership and leader that I support:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHq12uzfPCs

jason
03-29-2010, 10:15 AM
was there any logic behind that decision or was it just a 'because i said so' type deal...

can you wear regular hats? if so - then what's the difference? (besides the obvious fact that visors have no top)

GreenMonster
03-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Sounds to me like he wants to replace you guys, but was told he couldn't fire you. Go talk to him and just ask him. It's not really that big of a deal. You knew what the coaching business was like when you got in to it. It's all about who you know not so much about what you know and coaching requires you to have close personal ties with the nearest U-Haul agency. There are other jobs and other towns that would love to welcome you into their community. Sometimes it's just time to go.

LE Dad
03-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Sounds like AD is wanting to develop a team, starting with his staff. He wants to present a certain image to the palyers and fans. I agree with him totally.:clap: :clap:

gordo
03-29-2010, 10:20 AM
But no visors? This new guy is a control freak!!!!

LE Dad
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Sounds to me like he wants to replace you guys, but was told he couldn't fire you. Go talk to him and just ask him. It's not really that big of a deal. You knew what the coaching business was like when you got in to it. It's all about who you know not so much about what you know and coaching requires you to have close personal ties with the nearest U-Haul agency. There are other jobs and other towns that would love to welcome you into their community. Sometimes it's just time to go. :eek: :eek: :eek:

There is that possibility too!!:thinking:

Ranger Mom
03-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by StangEm
Ok.....I just read a thread with a poll attatched asking whether or not people re-use their bath towel after one use or not! Where's the hate on that one? I'm looking for some feedback on if you agree with the policy change or not. Get your panties out of your butt.

Are you hating on MY poll????:eek: :eek: :eek:

StangEm
03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by jason
was there any logic behind that decision or was it just a 'because i said so' type deal...

can you wear regular hats? if so - then what's the difference? (besides the obvious fact that visors have no top)

The logic is in what LE Dad said in his comment. He's pushing for a more team unification and focus for the staff and I am 100% cool with that. We have a few of those coaches on staff that are contrary on all of these changes who have been coaching for 20 years and have a chip on their shoulder when someone tells them they have to make a personal change. Guess they're still PO-ed that they didn't get an interview.

StangEm
03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are you hating on MY poll????:eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL.....no ma'am. I'm a lover, not a hater. Just had to make a point and your poll was the first one I saw.

Ranger Mom
03-29-2010, 10:42 AM
LOL.....no ma'am. I'm a lover, not a hater. Just had to make a point and your poll was the first one I saw.

If I was to post something serious...no one would believe me anyway!!:p

jason
03-29-2010, 10:43 AM
The logic is in what LE Dad said in his comment. his comments were posted after i asked my questions....

Gobbler Fan
03-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Maybe he will let you guy's have a casual wed. and then you can wear your visor to match your grass skirt . :D

StangEm
03-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If I was to post something serious...no one would believe me anyway!!:p

If it makes you feel better, I voted on your poll before I used it in my post.;) :2thumbsup

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
He probably doesn't want you to look like sissies on the sidelines, because let's face it, only feminine and weak men wear visors. He's trying to set a great image to your players and to the opposing team and fans showing that he doesn't let wimps be on his coaching staff. I must applaud this man for his initiative.

garciap77
03-29-2010, 12:05 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
03-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
He probably doesn't want you to look like sissies on the sidelines, because let's face it, only feminine and weak men wear visors. He's trying to set a great image to your players and to the opposing team and fans showing that he doesn't let wimps be on his coaching staff. I must applaud this man for his initiative.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

AP Panther Fan
03-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
This would be a great thread for "I DON'T CARE". I have to wear a suit every day. Should I complain to anyone who might listen? Life has rules so get over it.

I miss "I DON'T CARE" .... one of the funniest posters...ever!

:D

kaorder1999
03-29-2010, 12:36 PM
this is pretty normal....there are a LOT of schools that have specific dress codes for their coaches set forth by the head football coach. I know a couple staffs that have Specific shorts and shirts they wear on mondays, specific ones for tuesdays, etc. All the same hats, same shirts, same shorts, same shoes, etc

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

Ditto

Keith7
03-29-2010, 12:47 PM
:nerd: :nerd:

kaorder1999
03-29-2010, 12:49 PM
i was also on a staff once that had to wear shirt and tie monday through thursday and could wear a polo on friday...

GreenMonster
03-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
this is pretty normal....there are a LOT of schools that have specific dress codes for their coaches set forth by the head football coach. I know a couple staffs that have Specific shorts and shirts they wear on mondays, specific ones for tuesdays, etc. All the same hats, same shirts, same shorts, same shoes, etc The funniest are the ones at Coaching School in July that are all twinkied out. We have the practice dress code as far as shirts and shorts go and the game night dress code. I think it makes us look more united. Sure do have fun making fun of the twinkies at coaching school though!

Daddy D 11
03-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

+1

Phantom Stang
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM
New Head Coach nixed our staff of the right to wear visors this morning at our meeting. This comes a week after he told us we all had to be shaven. Comments?
First clean shaven and now no visors?:eek: Y'all need to hurry up and make a stand, or before you know it, he won't let y'all wear blue jean cut-offs, tank tops, or flip flops when you coach.:p

STANG RED
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a control freak to me.
His momma told him what to do when he was a kid, and now his wife calls the shots in his own house. Now he's taking it out on the ones he has power over. :nerd:

Trashman
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM

Sounds like he is team building to me.:thinking: It could be worse, he might have you running wind sprints at midnight.:D

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by jason
can you wear regular hats?
I was going to ask that. :p

bowleghorses
03-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Quit wearing those pink visors and he will leave you alone.:D