PDA

View Full Version : Just out of simple curiosity...

Ranger Mom
03-26-2010, 06:23 PM
When you take a shower/bath and dry off with the towel, do you hang it up to dry and use again, or do you throw it in the dirty clothes hamper???

Keith7
03-26-2010, 06:38 PM
hang it up and dry, I hate doing laundry so this helps

Ranger Mom
03-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
hang it up and dry, I hate doing laundry so this helps

I agree 100%....I have enough laundry to do as it is....why add something that was clean, and I was clean, when I used it!!!:confused:

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2010, 07:04 PM
I wish my boys would reuse theirs! :foul:

Ranger Mom
03-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I wish my boys would reuse theirs! :foul:

So you have those kind of kids too??

Mine could if they would hang it up instead of just dropping it in the floor and kicking it into the corner.:rolleyes:

BullsFan
03-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I'll bet your kids will learn differently. I would have been horrified at the idea of reusing a towel before I started doing my own laundry. Now I'd be horrified at how much laundry I'd have to do if I washed my towels after one use.

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Mine could if they would hang it up instead of just dropping it in the floor and kicking it into the corner.:rolleyes:
Yours too????? :rolleyes: :D :doh:

Ranger Mom
03-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Now out of "simple curiosity" I would like to know what lone soul voted NO!!:D

eagles_victory
03-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I have been known to use mine 3 or 4 times if I didnt want to do laundry.

Ranger Mom
03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I have been known to use mine 3 or 4 times if I didnt want to do laundry.

If it doesn't stink and isn't hard and crusty feeling...it's good to go IMO!!!

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Probably some younger person who kicked it in the corner! :devil:

Ranger Mom
03-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Probably some younger person who kicked it in the corner! :devil:

LOL!! That's what I was thinking...."what kid posts here that still lives at home??";)

Trashman
03-26-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm one of the offenders....LOL I live in a house full of women who will use a towel for anything, and I do mean anything. So I never reuse a bath towel.:rolleyes:

44INAROW
03-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I use it (I actually use 2 towels) - one for the "obvious' and one for my hair - and hang them over the shower door and by the time I need them again - its' nice and dry :) I trained all my boys (and the dad too) it sure saves on laundry.... now, if I could just get Johnny to quit putting wet wash cloths and towels in the hamper (which is a large under the counter wooden drawer) :p

Keith7
03-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I'm one of the offenders....LOL I live in a house full of women who will use a towel for anything, and I do mean anything. So I never reuse a bath towel.:rolleyes:

:tmi:

Ranger Mom
03-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I use it (I actually use 2 towels) - one for the "obvious' and one for my hair - and hang them over the shower door and by the time I need them again - its' nice and dry :) I trained all my boys (and the dad too) it sure saves on laundry.... now, if I could just get Johnny to quit putting wet wash cloths and towels in the hamper (which is a large under the counter wooden drawer) :p

Have you tried a "Turbie Twist" for your hair?? I love those things!!!

44INAROW
03-26-2010, 09:29 PM
no I haven't but I am going to google turbie twist right now :D

STANG RED
03-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I just keep hanging mine on the shower rod after drying off. I get a new one when that one somehow mysteriously disappears. Same with the wash cloth. I guess dear ol mom trained me well.

SintonFan
03-27-2010, 02:01 AM
Gotta use it for 2 weeks and then wash it.

I mean crap you come out of the tub clean and if you hang it up to dry it is good for a good two weeks of daily washing.:nerd:

BullsFan
03-27-2010, 02:13 AM

Me too!! I have two of them so I'm never without. Wearing those for just a bit reduces my hair dryer time GREATLY, which keeps my hair healthier.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-27-2010, 10:34 AM
The way I see it is you're clean when you get out of the tub so whatever you dry off shouldn't be getting the towel too dirty so heck yeah I re-use them, for a couple days anyways. When I met my wife she was really concerned about how often I changed mine, she told me that I should change them before they start getting hard and crusty. I told her if she wanted me to have fresh towels to start doing my laundry, she's been doing it ever since.

Emerson1
03-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Aren't you to the point to where you should have this hair style and not need something like that?

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9779/oldladygreathair1774886.jpg

Ranger Mom
03-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Aren't you to the point to where you should have this hair style and not need something like that?

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9779/oldladygreathair1774886.jpg

Not quite...:tongue:

waterboy
03-29-2010, 12:10 PM
:eek: I can't believe anybody uses towels twice. I never have, and probably never will. Use once and wash it is what I do. Besides, there ain't no telling what somebody may have wiped on that towel while it was drying.:eek:

garciap77
03-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:eek: I can't believe anybody uses towels twice. I never have, and probably never will. Use once and wash it is what I do. Besides, there ain't no telling what somebody may have wiped on that towel while it was drying.:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Looking4number8
03-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I wish I had hair....

AP Panther Fan
03-29-2010, 12:27 PM

My kids are GUILTY!

We are also a big fan of the turbie twists. Lori, you can get them at Sally's Beauty Supply, Bed, Bath & Beyond, and maybe even Walgreen's.

Don't you just love Walgreens? They sell all of the stuff "as seen on tv" :D

p.s. (I even bought a topsi turvy) lol

Ranger Mom
03-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
My kids are GUILTY!

We are also a big fan of the turbie twists. Lori, you can get them at Sally's Beauty Supply, Bed, Bath & Beyond, and maybe even Walgreen's.

Don't you just love Walgreens? They sell all of the stuff "as seen on tv" :D

p.s. (I even bought a topsi turvy) lol

I bought one of those things to wash the inside of your car window.....except it has never made it to the car.

It works GREAT on my bathroom mirrors, in which I have 2 that are probably 8' X 4'....those are a *female dog* to clean!!!!

Ranger Mom
03-29-2010, 01:26 PM

Good Gosh...who all do you have trekking through your bathroom???

I have a huge bathroom...probably about 300 sq. feet....our towels hang at the shower, which is at the very back corner of the bathroom....no one goes back there besides us.

waterboy
03-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Good Gosh...who all do you have trekking through your bathroom???

I have a huge bathroom...probably about 300 sq. feet....our towels hang at the shower, which is at the very back corner of the bathroom....no one goes back there besides us.
Uuuuhhh.........I have my wife, my 2 daughters, and me. They all frequent our bathroom, along with theirs. What am I supposed to do? Tell them they can't come into our bathroom? :eek: Besides, "dirty" towels are used for other things, too.......:eek: .........uummmm.......like cleaning up spills and stuff..:doh: :D

PPSTATEBOUND
03-29-2010, 02:01 PM

The dirty one.

BullsFan
03-29-2010, 03:10 PM

YOU do the wash or your wife does?

BullsFan
03-29-2010, 03:12 PM
I bought one of those things to wash the inside of your car window.....except it has never made it to the car.

It works GREAT on my bathroom mirrors, in which I have 2 that are probably 8' X 4'....those are a *female dog* to clean!!!!

Do you mean the Topsy Turvy or the ShamWow? I have a Topsy Turvy, I think...isn't that the one that grows your tomatoes upside down? I had one last year that worked GREAT until the guy powerwashing my eaves and trim laid it on the ground and broke off all the fruit-bearing limbs.

(PS. I am an "as seen on tv" addict. I sometimes watch infomercials for fun!)

Ranger Mom
03-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan

If I was his wife, I would just hang it back up, let it dry, fold it and put it away.

I mean...he's a guy, he'd never know!!:D :D :D

ronwx5x
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
I not only reuse towels but I also:

Do the dishes after dinner.
Wipe the water off the mirror after I finish shaving.
Put all dirty clothes in the hamper. If something is wet, I put it outside and let it dry.
Put the lid back down after use.
Never leave trash or clothing in the floor.
Put away my own clean underwear and socks.
Empty all trash containers.

Love my wife and appreciate everything she does for me.

I must be crazy!!!!!!:D

Ranger Mom
03-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Uuuuhhh.........I have my wife, my 2 daughters, and me. They all frequent our bathroom, along with theirs. What am I supposed to do? Tell them they can't come into our bathroom? :eek: Besides, "dirty" towels are used for other things, too.......:eek: .........uummmm.......like cleaning up spills and stuff..:doh: :D

For some reason, this story I read years ago came to mind when I read your post:

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the afternoon and that morning I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30am, I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am.

The trip to his office took about 35minutes, so I didn't have time to spare. As most woman do I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash "in that area" to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment. I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in, Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?" I didn't respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal...some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc.

After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?"I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it. :D :D :D

LE Dad
03-29-2010, 03:32 PM
YOU do the wash or your wife does? :D

waterboy
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I do whatever my wife tells me to!:D

waterboy
03-29-2010, 03:44 PM
For some reason, this story I read years ago came to mind when I read your post:

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the afternoon and that morning I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30am, I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am.

The trip to his office took about 35minutes, so I didn't have time to spare. As most woman do I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash "in that area" to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment. I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in, Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?" I didn't respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal...some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc.

After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?"I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it. :D :D :D
:spitlol: :spitlol: Now that's funny!:D I guess that gives new meaning to "glistening".....:D

waterboy
03-29-2010, 03:46 PM
If I was his wife, I would just hang it back up, let it dry, fold it and put it away.

I mean...he's a guy, he'd never know!!:D :D :D
:mad: I'd definitely know!:mad: You ever heard of mildew?:doh: Geeeesh....:hand:

BullsFan
03-29-2010, 04:09 PM
:mad: I'd definitely know!:mad: You ever heard of mildew?:doh: Geeeesh....:hand:

If you wait til it dries, there wouldn't be any mildes. GEEEESH. :D

waterboy
03-29-2010, 04:11 PM
If you wait til it dries, there wouldn't be any mildes. GEEEESH. :D
Okay, you got me there........but there would still be a smell that may, or may not, be fresh. In most cases I'd be able to tell.:doh:

BullsFan
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Okay, you got me there........but there would still be a smell that may, or may not, be fresh. In most cases I'd be able to tell.:doh:

You have no idea how badly I wish there was a way to prove it one way or the other...because I'd bet you really couldn't. Not until after a few uses, anyway. ;)

Bullaholic
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Good thing my "TMI" filter is working on this thread.....otherwise I may have become initmately informed of the bathing habits of several Downlowers....:D

Phantom Stang
03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
:spitlol: :spitlol: at Ranger Mom's joke.:D

Literally!! :eek:

waterboy
03-29-2010, 04:33 PM
You have no idea how badly I wish there was a way to prove it one way or the other...because I'd bet you really couldn't. Not until after a few uses, anyway. ;)
If they were thrown in the dryer afterward, I probably wouldn't be able to tell, but otherwise I would.....

:thinking: .....Hmmmm, four towels a day (at least) times 7 days......that's a load every 3 to 4 days. That explains a lot......:doh:

Ranger Mom
03-29-2010, 04:35 PM
If they were thrown in the dryer afterward, I probably wouldn't be able to tell, but otherwise I would.....

I have been known to fold dryer sheets in the towels.

They keep them smelling good while they are stored!!! :p

or when you are trying to make them SMELL clean and fresh!!;)

waterboy
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM
I have been known to fold dryer sheets in the towels.

They keep them smelling good while they are stored!!! :p

or when you are trying to make them SMELL clean and fresh!!;)
How many do you have in your house now? I thought it was just you and your husband......and your granddaughter sometimes.

Ranger Mom
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
How many do you have in your house now? I thought it was just you and your husband......and your granddaughter sometimes.

My son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter live in the garage apartment.

They have their own bathroom and I have the master bathroom. Which doesn't mean anything, everyone seems to come in there to dry hair, do makeup, etc. anyway!!!

My granddaugther takes all her baths in my bathtub because it's about 3-1/2 feet deep and 5-1/2 feet long.

LE Dad
03-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Febreeze is a womans best friend. :D

and oh yes they will do it and we will never know when.:dispntd: :twitch:

stangGirl2007
03-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Febreeze is a womans best friend. :D

and oh yes they will do it and we will never know when.:dispntd: :twitch:

Febreeze is indeed the best friend a woman could have!
And yes, I completely do the who re-use the bath towel thing..I started that once I had to do my own laundry. :D