PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder...

Bullaholic
03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
How long do you think it will be before some new South Texas school adopts the "Chupacabra" for a mascot? "Go Chupas" has kinda got a ring to it don't it? :

Phil C is still holding out for the "yacares"...:D

turbostud
03-25-2010, 11:24 AM
If New Braunfels can have Unicorns, someone can have Chupas.
There are so many schools popping up down here in the Valley that it is bound to happen. PSJA ISD has 38 schools in its district and is adding a new HS(4), MS, and Elem next year.
Brownsville just added a 6th HS for next year.
LaJoya just added a 3rd HS this year.
I believe Edinburg is adding a 4th HS in a year or two.

AP Panther Fan
03-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How long do you think it will be before some new South Texas school adopts the "Chupacabra" for a mascot? "Go Chupas" has kinda got a ring to it don't it?

Let's hope the mascot doesn't look like a dog with mange. For those that remember the photos of the one found in Cuero.:eek:

Bullaholic
03-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Let's hope the mascot doesn't look like a dog with mange. For those that remember the photos of the one found in Cuero.:eek:

Cuero is not the only town with a Chupacabra claim, AP....The following is from Runaway Bay, only about 5mi. West of Bridgeport. It's really kinda funny....some folks in Runaway Bay have had Chupacabra T-shirts printed and the story took on a life of it's own, just like in Cuero.

http://www.wcmessenger.com/update/?p=1141

Farmersfan
03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't think they should use Chupas as a nickname because if I'm not mistaken Chupa means SUCK in spanish. Chupacabra is actually Goatsucker!

AP Panther Fan
03-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Cuero is not the only town with a Chupacabra claim, AP....The following is from Runaway Bay, only about 5mi. West of Bridgeport. It's really kinda funny....some folks in Runaway Bay have had Chupacabra T-shirts printed and the story took on a life of it's own, just like in Cuero.

http://www.wcmessenger.com/update/?p=1141

Yikes, see what I mean. Funny looking paws too.

This person seemed to know what it was -

January 18th, 2010 at 13:01 | #2
Reply | Quote

This animal is a mexican hairless dog (xoloitzcuintle). They roam all of Old Mexico and come across the border in quest for more food. I teach seminars on this breed with the American Kennel Club. There are about 500 domesticated dogs in the US. The reason they might not seem like a dog is their quest for food and rough terrain in life has made them appear to be so unlike a dog. The hare foot and teeth on this female is very typical for this breed

TheDOCTORdre
03-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I don't think they should use Chupas as a nickname because if I'm not mistaken Chupa means SUCK in spanish. Chupacabra is actually Goatsucker!

they should give the name to a sucky school, kinda like Lamesa is the Tornados because they blow

SintonFan
03-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Bull, did you realize with your topics today, you could have rolled them into one and just posted, "Mexican breakfast mascot"?
I'd go for a chalupa in the morning.:cool:

garciap77
03-26-2010, 04:19 PM
How long do you think it will be before some new South Texas school adopts the "Chupacabra" for a mascot? "Go Chupas" has kinda got a ring to it don't it? :

Phil C is still holding out for the "yacares"...:D

Or "Go Sucks":D

Green Bling
03-27-2010, 03:03 PM
The Cuero lady who found the "Chupacabra" less than a quarter of a mile from my house owned a t-shirt store in town at the time. They made up thousands of shirts and shipped on request to every state in the union and all over the world. They are still popular with visitors to Cuero. I have several myself. Don't exactly know what that says about my fashion sense. :D :D

Blue42
03-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
There are so many schools popping up down here in the Valley that it is bound to happen. PSJA ISD has 38 schools in its district and is adding a new HS(4), MS, and Elem next year.
I always thought that the Unicorn was kind of a sissy mascot you need something fierce and mean you know like a turkey:)

Ranger Mom
03-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by turbostud

Ewwww!! I would hate to be the poor person who has to wear the Chupa mascot costume at pep rallies and games.....that is NOT an attractive creature!!!!

Blue42
03-27-2010, 03:35 PM
I guess you could pick up a mange laden dog from the pound and parade him up and down the side lines with the cheerleaders.

Blue42
03-27-2010, 03:40 PM
I always thought that a good mascot would be a Divorce Lawyer the are mean fierce and regardless of the out come they always win.