PDA

View Full Version : Home and Home coin flips....Need some help

kaorder1999
03-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Ok...just want to make sure im right here...might not be...usually arent...

If two teams cannot agree on a neutral site and decide to flip home and home, all the teams have to do is establish ahead of time what their home field will be right? For instance, if Southlake were to flip with someone, they could designate Texas Stadium as their home field cant they. They dont necessarily HAVE to use their home stadium.....

AND...

If Team A and Team B were to flip home and home and Team A wins the flip, if the two teams play again in the playoffs in the next two years (making it where they play twice in 3 years) then Team B automatically gets to play at their Home field right?

Pick6
03-24-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm 99% sure you're correct.

Matthew328
03-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I think you are right, you should probably ask this on TOC

kaorder1999
03-24-2010, 12:30 PM
the reason I ask is this....and Im pretty sure they can do this...Team A is pretty dead set on wanting to play at Home....Team B wants to play at a neutral site.....

Team A and Team B cannot agree on a Neutral site. Team A and Team B decide to flip "home and home". Team A designates their home staium as their HOME. Team B (a team that is about an hour east of Team A) designates their HOME stadium as a stadium that is another hour east of them making it a LONG drive for Team A if Team B were to win the toss....

They can do this I believe but im not 100%

GreenMonster
03-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
the reason I ask is this....and Im pretty sure they can do this...Team A is pretty dead set on wanting to play at Home....Team B wants to play at a neutral site.....

Team A and Team B cannot agree on a Neutral site. Team A and Team B decide to flip "home and home". Team A designates their home staium as their HOME. Team B (a team that is about an hour east of Team A) designates their HOME stadium as a stadium that is another hour east of them making it a LONG drive for Team A if Team B were to win the toss....

They can do this I believe but im not 100% That is correct. Seems like Texarkana chose the Stdium in Shreveport a couple of years ago vs Highland Park because Highland Park wouldn't agree to play anywhere but Texas Stadium. HP won the flip though so it was a moot point.

Emerson1
03-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
That is correct. Seems like Texarkana chose the Stdium in Shreveport a couple of years ago vs Highland Park because Highland Park wouldn't agree to play anywhere but Texas Stadium. HP won the flip though so it was a moot point.
I thought they game was played in Louisiana?

LE Dad
03-24-2010, 01:22 PM
They can do this I believe but im not 100% Texarkana Texas High did that to Highland Park. HP refused to play anywhere but Texas Stadium, so they went to coin flip and played at Independence Stadium in Shreveport, LA.

LE Dad
03-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
That is correct. Seems like Texarkana chose the Stdium in Shreveport a couple of years ago vs Highland Park because Highland Park wouldn't agree to play anywhere but Texas Stadium. HP won the flip though so it was a moot point. No T High won toss, and HP tried to get game moved but they were unsuccessful.

AAA87
03-24-2010, 01:43 PM
i think the game has to be the next year in a two year window not a 2 year window.....

kaorder1999
03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by AAA87
i think the game has to be the next year in a two year window not a 2 year window.....

ill look it up but i believe the rule says if they are to play twice in a 3 year span

kaorder1999
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
if two teams are about to play one another and in the two previous seasons if the two played and did a home and home flip then the previous loser would then be the winner. So it actually does mean if they are to play twice in a 3 year span....

Pick6
03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
In 2005 if Canyon would of beat AW the rumor was Gainesville and Canyon was gonna flip for home and home because Canyon didn't wanna meet in the middle. The story goes that Gainesville listed the Alamodome as their home stadium since Canyon refused to meet half-way. It would of been interesting to see what would of happened.

ronwx5x
03-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
In 2005 if Canyon would of beat AW the rumor was Gainesville and Canyon was gonna flip for home and home because Canyon didn't wanna meet in the middle. The story goes that Gainesville listed the Alamodome as their home stadium since Canyon refused to meet half-way. It would of been interesting to see what would of happened.

That's a whole lot of "if's". What is your source level?

Pick6
03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
It was on another website with a link to the Gainesville Daily Register. Can't remember what website it was.

Pick6
03-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
That's a whole lot of "if's". What is your source level?

It was talked about it on this website back then

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38760&highlight=canyon+gainesville

kaorder1999
03-24-2010, 02:44 PM
the UIL Football Manual says that the team can designate any stadium as their Home Stadium as long as its a "reasonable" distance from the opposing school....

What is the definition of "reasonable" in this case??

LE Dad
03-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
In 2005 if Canyon would of beat AW the rumor was Gainesville and Canyon was gonna flip for home and home because Canyon didn't wanna meet in the middle. The story goes that Gainesville listed the Alamodome as their home stadium since Canyon refused to meet half-way. It would of been interesting to see what would of happened. Canyon did same thing to LE in 06. They won coin flip and we played in Sweetwater. That was one cold game.. of course it was alot colder on their side about the third qtr.:D

LE Dad
03-24-2010, 04:24 PM
the UIL Football Manual says that the team can designate any stadium as their Home Stadium as long as its a "reasonable" distance from the opposing school....

What is the definition of "reasonable" in this case??
That was part of HP dispute with T High. HP claimed S'port was too far and would cause a hardship on their fans, but they also said that they did not want to play in a stadium that seated less than 30,000. UIL said either play or forfiet.