PDA

View Full Version : Source Level Determination

MUSTANG69
03-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Having been a member for just a short time I have noted that sources are stated to be Level such and such. How is this determined?
Is 10 the highest and 1 the lowest or is the opposite true? I need to know this in case I want to start some rumors and I have a source to qoute.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Having been a member for just a short time I have noted that sources are stated to be Level such and such. How is this determined?
Is 10 the highest and 1 the lowest or is the opposite true? I need to know this in case I want to start some rumors and I have a source to qoute.

That' exactly right. ;)

LH Panther Mom
03-23-2010, 08:37 PM
It depends on what type of rumor you're trying to support. :devil:

LE Dad
03-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Is 10 the highest and 1 the lowest or is the opposite true? I need to know this in case I want to start some rumors and I have a source to qoute. LOL.... I love rumors... Know any good ones??

zebrablue2
03-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It depends on what type of rumor you're trying to support. :devil:

:evillol:

MUSTANG69
03-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
LOL.... I love rumors... Know any good ones??

Here's the rumor:

A friend of mine was out training his dogs with two of the top people in the Ingleside school district. One of them told him that AD/HC Hesseltine would be at Ingleside one more year then pursue the head football coach job at Gregory-Portland. He said GP's head coach was retiring after one more year.

There have been rumors for several years that Gregory-Portland has a big interest in Coach Hesseltine.

I consider this to be a Level 9 source.

Phantom Stang
03-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Here's the rumor:

A friend of mine was out training his dogs with two of the top people in the Ingleside school district. One of them told him that AD/HC Hesseltine would be at Ingleside one more year then pursue the head football coach job at Gregory-Portland. He said GP's head coach was retiring after one more year.

There have been rumors for several years that Gregory-Portland has a big interest in Coach Hesseltine.

A rumor like this could adversely affect tis man's career whether it's true or not. Should you be telling it to the whole world?

Pendragon13
03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
I have a level 7 source that says the 1-10 source level scale is only about 63% accurate.

waterboy
03-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I have a level 7 source that says the 1-10 source level scale is only about 63% accurate.
Did you know that 56.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot?:eek:

:D

SWMustang
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

60% of the time, it works everytime.

MUSTANG69
03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
A rumor like this could adversely affect tis man's career whether it's true or not. Should you be telling it to the whole world?

It really is not a secret around here. I have been hearing for several years about the Gregory-Portland job and Coach Hesseltine. The school official that made the statement is in the very upper echelon of management. If he knows about it I'm sure he has already had meetings with the coach.

I don't believe anybody in their right mind would think Coach Hesseltine would not aspire for a bigger school and higher pay.
He has done a great job with the Ingleside program. Other schools will notice this and seriously consider him to improve their program or to replace a retiring coach that has developed a good program at their school.

SintonPirateFan
03-24-2010, 10:38 PM
It really is not a secret around here. I have been hearing for several years about the Gregory-Portland job and Coach Hesseltine. The school official that made the statement is in the very upper echelon of management. If he knows about it I'm sure he has already had meetings with the coach.

I don't believe anybody in their right mind would think Coach Hesseltine would not aspire for a bigger school and higher pay.
He has done a great job with the Ingleside program. Other schools will notice this and seriously consider him to improve their program or to replace a retiring coach that has developed a good program at their school.

bigger school with higher pay is not always all it's cracked up to be. ask Gary Davenport (outstanding coach, IMO) how leaving Sinton for CC Carroll worked out.

but, in football, 3A schools are often considered stepping stone jobs.

in the words of Michael Scott (The Office), "mo money mo problems"

big daddy russ
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
bigger school with higher pay is not always all it's cracked up to be. ask Gary Davenport (outstanding coach, IMO) how leaving Sinton for CC Carroll worked out.

but, in football, 3A schools are often considered stepping stone jobs.

in the words of Michael Scott (The Office), "mo money mo problems"
Davenport did OK at Carroll. Took them three or four rounds deep a time or two.

On that note, I agree about it being a stepping stone job. If GP's lucky enough to snag Hesseltine, I'd hope nothing but the best for him. He's been amazing during his time down in Ingledink. It sure would be nice to keep him around a while, though.

Speaking of Hesseltines, what ever happened to his brother? I know he stopped posting a while back. He doing OK? http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/pirate.gif

pirate4state
03-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Here's the rumor:

hahahah this rumor has been going around for at least 3-4 years now. Harris is always retiring after "one more year"

MUSTANG69
03-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hahahah this rumor has been going around for at least 3-4 years now. Harris is always retiring after "one more year"

I think those rumors start in Sinton.:D

OnceABucJr
03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
More likely that those "rumors" start somewhere on the other side of Refugio???

MUSTANG69
03-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
More likely that those "rumors" start somewhere on the other side of Refugio???

Why Refugio? I thought Coach Hesseltine was a Sinton native.
I'm sure some Sinton fans are not happy that one of their own is coaching a team that has interrupted Sinton's dominance of District 31.:D

sinton66
03-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Why Refugio? I thought Coach Hesseltine was a Sinton native.
I'm sure some Sinton fans are not happy that one of their own is coaching a team that has interrupted Sinton's dominance of District 31.:D

You'd be wrong in that assumption. It's also not much of an interruption.:D

carter08
03-25-2010, 04:51 PM

And 93 percent of people believe them whether they are accurate statistics or not.

steerz2010
03-26-2010, 10:13 AM
i heard Brad McCoy beat up Chick Norris :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

waterboy
03-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by carter08
And 93 percent of people believe them whether they are accurate statistics or not.
And 78.7% of those people who do believe those bogus statistics have an IQ only in double digits.:D

carter08
03-26-2010, 04:31 PM
And 78.7% of those people who do believe those bogus statistics have an IQ only in double digits.:D

98 percent of people believe they have at least 90% more IQ than the 78.7 percent who believe in statistics.

LE Dad
03-26-2010, 04:39 PM
It is a statiscally proven fact that statistics are largely unreliable.:thinking: