PDA

View Full Version : You all know me

Phantom Stang
03-22-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm a nice customer. You all know me. I'm the one who never complains, no matter what kind of service I get.

I'll go into a restaurant and sit quietly while the waiters and waitresses gossip and never bother to ask if anyone has taken my order. Sometimes a party that came in after I did gets my order, but I don't complain. I just wait.

And when I go to a store to buy something, I don't throw my weight around. I try to be thoughtful of the other person. If a snooty salesperson gets upset because I want to look at several things before making up my mind, I'm just as polite as can be. I don't believe rudeness in return is the answer.

The other day I stopped at a full service gas station and waited for almost five minutes before the attendant took care of me. And when he did, he spilled gas and wiped the windshield with an oily rag. But did I complain about the service? Of course not.

I never kick. I never nag. I never criticize. And I wouldn't dream of making a scene, as I've seen some people do in public places. I think that's uncalled for. No, I'm the nice customer. And I'll tell you who else I am.

I'm the customer who never comes back!

When I get pushed too far, I just take my business down the street to places where they're smart enough to hire and train people who appreciate nice customers. And the world is filled with nice customers, just like me, who can put anyone out of business.

I laugh when I see you frantically spending your money on expensive advertising to get me back, when you could have kept me with a few kind words, a smile, and some good service.

I don't care what business you're in. Maybe you live in a different town; maybe I've never heard of you. But if you're going broke or your business is bad, maybe there are enough people like me who do not know you. I'm your customer who never comes back.

---Author Unknown

GreenMonster
03-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I'm a nice customer. You all know me. I'm the one who never complains, no matter what kind of service I get.

I'll go into a restaurant and sit quietly while the waiters and waitresses gossip and never bother to ask if anyone has taken my order. Sometimes a party that came in after I did gets my order, but I don't complain. I just wait.

And when I go to a store to buy something, I don't throw my weight around. I try to be thoughtful of the other person. If a snooty salesperson gets upset because I want to look at several things before making up my mind, I'm just as polite as can be. I don't believe rudeness in return is the answer.

The other day I stopped at a full service gas station and waited for almost five minutes before the attendant took care of me. And when he did, he spilled gas and wiped the windshield with an oily rag. But did I complain about the service? Of course not.

I never kick. I never nag. I never criticize. And I wouldn't dream of making a scene, as I've seen some people do in public places. I think that's uncalled for. No, I'm the nice customer. And I'll tell you who else I am.

I'm the customer who never comes back!

When I get pushed too far, I just take my business down the street to places where they're smart enough to hire and train people who appreciate nice customers. And the world is filled with nice customers, just like me, who can put anyone out of business.

I laugh when I see you frantically spending your money on expensive advertising to get me back, when you could have kept me with a few kind words, a smile, and some good service.

I don't care what business you're in. Maybe you live in a different town; maybe I've never heard of you. But if you're going broke or your business is bad, maybe there are enough people like me who do not know you. I'm your customer who never comes back.

---Author Unknown

Applebee's mess up your order at lunch again????

Old Tiger
03-22-2010, 12:33 PM
I heard you do not tip.

poisoned10
03-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Applebee's mess up your order at lunch again????

Don't hate on Applbee's, I'm a bartender at the one in Tyler.

Old Tiger
03-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Don't hate on Applbee's, I'm a bartender at the one in Tyler. Those under 550 calorie meals suck.

Phantom Stang
03-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I heard you do not tip.
Not true.
I always leave a Quarter whether the service is good or not.:p

BwdLion73
03-22-2010, 12:45 PM

3ADL Discount?:)

Old Tiger
03-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Not true.
I always leave a Quarter whether the service is good or not.:p I tip on performance.

garciap77
03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
I tip on performance. :eek: :eek: :eek:

waterboy
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
If you are a "nice" customer, Phantom Stang, then I must be a really nasty customer.:confused: When I go out to eat, especially, I not only expect service, but the amount of the waiter/waitress's tip is dependent on it. I'm not gonna just give my money away when the service is poor. BTW, I'm a VERY good tipper when the service is good.;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-22-2010, 01:01 PM
I heard you do not tip.

That's what she said.

BaseballUmp
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Tipping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhotrTfcYgo&feature=PlayList&p=20A3E783C4EA5A8E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4)

Ranger Mom
03-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
If you are a "nice" customer, Phantom Stang, then I must be a really nasty customer.:confused: When I go out to eat, especially, I not only expect service, but the amount of the waiter/waitress's tip is dependent on it. I'm not gonna just give my money away when the service is poor. BTW, I'm a VERY good tipper when the service is good.;)

Same here!! I will tell them up front that their tip depends on my tea glass being refilled..first and foremost...I usually just ask for a pitcher of tea left on my table!:)

LE Dad
03-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Same here!! I will tell them up front that their tip depends on my tea glass being refilled..first and foremost...I usually just ask for a pitcher of tea left on my table!:) My servers know who I am. That is anything from a hairstylist to a bartender. They see me and know that if they do their job they will receive at least 20% tip. Very rarely do I have a problem unless my normal server is off or its somplace new. I have 1 server that will leave a tea pitcher if she is busy, but she usually makes it back in time.

My biggest complaint is Lowes...good luck finding help in there. :doh:

waterboy
03-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Most of the places I frequent know me and know what to expect, not to mention I usually ask for a specific waiter/waitress if they are available, but there's still those kids that don't believe service is a part of what makes the tip. They've come to expect 15% regardless of the service, and are unwilling to actually work for a better tip. What gives? God forbid any of these idiots to actually have to work for their money.... :hand:

lostaussie
03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
A word from the wise...............never ever piss your waitress, waitor, or the cook off..............and then continue to partake of your dinner:devil:

AP Panther Fan
03-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad

Boy you aren't kidding...you can walk a mile before you find an employee to help you. I'm not sure if they understaff or the employees have very good hiding places.:thinking:

waterboy
03-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
A word from the wise...............never ever piss your waitress, waitor, or the cook off..............and then continue to partake of your dinner:devil:
No kidding! I can get mad, but danged if I'm gonna tip myself off until AFTER the meal...........usually in the way of a smaller tip.;).....and even then I make sure it's a place I don't frequent.

BwdLion73
03-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Boy you aren't kidding...you can walk a mile before you find an employee to help you. I'm not sure if they understaff or the employees have very good hiding places.:thinking:

The opposite of that would be the Home Depot in Brownwood. I think they have to have a certain number of employees to qualify for local tax abatements. I got stopped at the door asking if I needed help and twice more as I walked to the Light bulbs!

The last one stood there and ask what kind of bulb I was looking for. :)

garciap77
03-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

TheDOCTORdre
03-22-2010, 06:39 PM
I tip on performance.

so does tiger

Ranger Mom
03-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad

We have a Lowe's and Home Depot here, who are in competition with each other. Home Depot has the reputation of not being able to find help when you need it...I never have any problems with the Lowe's....almost to the point that they sometimes get on my nerves because they follow me around trying to help..lol!!:)

Astrosdawg07
03-22-2010, 10:53 PM

Why did yall take Amberbock off tap? :confused:

Old Tiger
03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
so does tiger I heard on Howard Stern radio that Tiger doesn't tip.

GreenMonster
03-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I heard on Howard Stern radio that Tiger doesn't tip. Nope, he's all in!

poisoned10
03-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Those under 550 calorie meals suck.

What "healthy" food doesn't suck?

poisoned10
03-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Why did yall take Amberbock off tap? :confused:

I don't know. That was way too long ago to try to remember.

Looking4number8
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM

The other day I stopped at a full service gas station

Last time I stopped at a full service gas station I was having trouble with my 8 track!

carter08
03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Just the tip?

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Just the tip?

That's what she said

SintonFan
03-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We have a Lowe's and Home Depot here, who are in competition with each other. Home Depot has the reputation of not being able to find help when you need it...I never have any problems with the Lowe's....almost to the point that they sometimes get on my nerves because they follow me around trying to help..lol!!:)

My experience is close to yours.:nerd:

sinton66
03-24-2010, 06:23 AM
I've noticed in the lumber area, Lowe's has better quality than Home Depot and both are priced about the same.