PDA

View Full Version : Aggies Just Lost..

Daddy D 11
03-21-2010, 06:46 PM
A heartbreaker.

Looks like they completely fell asleep after that timeout and allowed Kramer to go right to the hole for the easy bucket.

Txbroadcaster
03-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Man tough break for A&M..really thought the way the tourney was playing out they had a real chance to be playing a long time

Daddy D 11
03-21-2010, 06:49 PM
That was just a tough game. They didn't even blow anything... they just lost a tight one

navscanmaster
03-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
A heartbreaker.

Looks like they completely fell asleep after that timeout and allowed Kramer to go right to the hole for the easy bucket.

They let Kramer get in the paint all night long. That is probably the biggest oversight that led to this game being lost. I could go on about a couple of bad no calls I saw early in the second half that led to Purdue's big run, but bottom line, Bryan Davis missed an easy lay up after dunking 6 times that would have put A&M up before Kramer drove again.

Txbroadcaster
03-21-2010, 06:52 PM
also got bit by the same thing that killed Texas all year..terrible FT shooting

Old Tiger
thank god!

Daddy D 11
I don't know about an easy layup... he had people all over him. But it just didn't roll his way.. That Kramer fella is a weird looking dude... looks like a little garden gnome running around out there

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Duke is still rolling and that's all that I care about.

Daddy D 11
03-21-2010, 07:25 PM
if we get by Saint Marys... baylor will beat duke

Old Tiger
03-21-2010, 07:33 PM
if we get by Saint Marys... baylor will beat duke Baylor has better athletes but I think they'll be outcoached.

eagleqb_14
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
i had them beating duke. dang

zebrablue2
03-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Duke is still rolling and that's all that I care about.

love my bluedevils also!! was in a win-win with duke and the ags playing each other. now i just pull for duke the rest of the way! the aggies were out hustled today, that is the bottom line.

Keith7
03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
I hate Kramer.. He'll get his against duke

Yoe_09
03-21-2010, 08:44 PM
A&M lost this game when they let Purdue go on that huge run. They laid off on the defensive end and Purdue hit some 3s. Bryan Davis was a monster in this game but it was not enough as others such as Middleton and Sloan did not have the greatest games. Duke will roll pass Purdue in the next round.

DUKE22
03-21-2010, 08:52 PM
if we get by Saint Marys... baylor will beat duke LOL dang we are confident. This is not the same Dukies as the past few years. They can shoot like crap and still win. Scheyer was awful today and they win by 15. Baylor is tough and has been all year but I dont see them beating the Dukies.

bandera7
03-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Davis should not get any blame here. One of the few that looked like he really showed up for this game. We missed BJ's typical couple of threes, Sloan was not on, Middleton was typical of himself all season. He only had one good game and people expect him to freak out the rest of the tourney?

The big question I had was why in the world was Walkup guarding Kramer at the end of the game? No reason for that in my mind. Walkup has been inconsistent and was not having a great game.

Yoe_09
03-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Davis should not get any blame here. One of the few that looked like he really showed up for this game. We missed BJ's typical couple of threes, Sloan was not on, Middleton was typical of himself all season. He only had one good game and people expect him to freak out the rest of the tourney?

The big question I had was why in the world was Walkup guarding Kramer at the end of the game? No reason for that in my mind. Walkup has been inconsistent and was not having a great game.

Yeah i can agree with 2 points here.

Walkup has never really been a consistent shooter or defender. He has hit some clutch 3s in his career but overall he has been inconsistent.

Middleton had a great game Friday but he has never really been a scoring threat all season. Most of the people on CBS thought he needed to have a bigger game but Sloan and Holmes actually needed to have to bigger game than what they did.

The talent coming back next year looks to be really good and I wouldn't be surprised if the team is better.

bandera7
03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
We need somebody to step up and be a consistent scoring option if we are going to be better. Sloan will be sorely missed, as will be Roland. Lobeau could be that guy. And Turgeon has alot of faith in Middleton....maybe its him. If he can consistently be who he was in that one game.

Old Tiger
03-21-2010, 10:53 PM
We need somebody to step up and be a consistent scoring option if we are going to be better. Sloan will be sorely missed, as will be Roland. Lobeau could be that guy. And Turgeon has alot of faith in Middleton....maybe its him. If he can consistently be who he was in that one game. just quit rooting for A&M and you won't have to keep dealing with the disappointments.

bandera7
03-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Disappointment would be not getting that first round win. And disappointment would be 17-0 and finishing 24-9...and to all the other UT fans, not directed at you. Im sorry.

Daddy D 11
03-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Disappointment would be not getting that first round win. And disappointment would be 17-0 and finishing 24-9...and to all the other UT fans, not directed at you. Im sorry.

Actually, UT fans weren't disappointed because they saw the opening round lose coming. So, in reality.. Aggie fans are the only ones disappointed. If you want to be technical. Aggie fans in general tend to be disappointed more often than others schools fans due to their obliviously high expectations in all sports.

But here's a fun fact... Baylor is still in the tournament while others are not.

And keith7, we agree... I hate Kramer also.

bandera7
03-21-2010, 11:54 PM
I am a consistent supporter of all Aggie Sports, and I was disappointed today because I honestly felt we were the better team. But, thats why you play the game.

However, I usually have very reasonable expectations. Im expecting 7-10 wins in football...the Big 12 is a bit too iffy every year with one team being a bit of a surprise. I expect our basketball team to be a little worse next year unless somebody steps up as a scorer. I do NOT expect JJ to finish the season in Heisman candidacy, but I believe because of one silly game he will start as a candidate. My expectations are usually reasonable.

DDBooger
03-21-2010, 11:57 PM
. I do NOT expect JJ to finish the season in Heisman candidacy, but I believe because of one silly game he will start as a candidate. My expectations are usually reasonable. A&M should have a pretty sick offense next season.

eagles_victory
03-22-2010, 01:57 AM
As a Texas fan I was disappointed a lot in January and February but as stated earlier expected the March meltdown. By the time the tournament came around I had no hope although that epic meltdown at the end of the Wake game was pretty bad.

The aggies have nothing to hang their head about they probably shoudl of won this game but they got the most out of what they had for a lot of the year just didn't have enough bullets in the chamber today. Looked to be a consistent offensive weapon short of being really good.

Phil C
03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Baylor has better athletes but I think they'll be outcoached.

Old I admire the Baptist Church.

Maroon87
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I hate Kramer.. He'll get his against duke

You see the guns on that dude?:eek:

Phil C
03-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Both UT and the Aggie teams need to practice at least 100 free throws a day during the off season.

SintonPirateFan
03-22-2010, 11:40 AM
i'm not sure how yall can say the ags losing wasn't Davis' fault. he missed from point blank the whole game...not just that one layup.

but hey what do i know, i had sienna beating purdue.

can't wait to see duke slaughter them. if duke plays zone, kramer will get beat up by zoubek all game long if he even tries to get in the lane.

Yoe_09
03-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
i'm not sure how yall can say the ags losing wasn't Davis' fault. he missed from point blank the whole game...not just that one layup.

but hey what do i know, i had sienna beating purdue.

can't wait to see duke slaughter them. if duke plays zone, kramer will get beat up by zoubek all game long if he even tries to get in the lane.

Davis was the most consistent scorer and defender in the game. He basically kept a&m in the game while Sloan and Holmes were not really doing much.

NastySlot
03-22-2010, 12:22 PM
i tend to think games are lost early not late........the turning point i thought was i believe the aggies were up by nine....sloan has a break...tries a reverse layup...could have pulled it out...either way he missed.......i think it was kramer...went down the other way was fouled...made two ft's.....and then purdue went on a run...if i remember right hitting three 3's in a row...aggies lost the lead ...so instead of going up 11 purdue went on a run....to take the lead....and the game.