PDA

View Full Version : The Pacific

DDBooger
03-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Who's watching it? Part 1 was a little weak. Part II should be pretty intense. This is where Basilone earns his Congressional Medal of Honor.

Old Dog
03-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Watched it. Should be required viewing by young adults ......... to know what their grandfathers (and grandmothers-a hell of a lot of sacrafice on the home front too) did for this country! Sure it's gorey, but that's the way it was. I'm glad the producers are showing it with all the warts and bias that was actually there.

eagleqb_14
03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
havent seen it yet but looking forward to seeing it:D

Txbroadcaster
03-27-2010, 10:31 PM
first two episodes have not been amazing..not bad, not great..but they also have to live up to Band of Brothers and so far not doing it....but reviews I have read have said starting with episode 3 it gets awesome

Emerson1
03-28-2010, 10:14 AM
It's also living up to the hype of the entire BoB season. It's been a couple years, but I don't remember the first 2 episodes of BoB being some amazing never can forget productions.

Blue42
03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
The History Channel has the WW2 in hd I have been watching that also with one of my sons little bloody but I think its good for kids to see that we enjoy the freedoms that the people of that generation had to fight for and not to take them for granite. Also my wife and I got the pleasure to meet some people in Mobile Alabama this summer who were friends with the man and his story from there.

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's also living up to the hype of the entire BoB season. It's been a couple years, but I don't remember the first 2 episodes of BoB being some amazing never can forget productions.

They were...BoB honestly did not have a down episode. The background stories IMO of BoB is what made it so awesome...IMO so far Pacific does not have me really caring for the characters. No depth in them at all

DDBooger
03-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Despite no combat scenes, Episode 3 was a much better job of character development. That Aussie woman did Leckie wrong.

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Despite no combat scenes, Episode 3 was a much better job of character development. That Aussie woman did Leckie wrong.

Yep..and that was why IMO BoB started so great..the first episode was not action, but you after watching the 1st episode cared about them, hated some of them, wondered who would become what, who would die, get hurt and so on.

Pacific until tonight, IMO there was no connect to the individuals