PDA

View Full Version : Frio River

95mustang
03-20-2010, 05:40 PM
I know alot of people frequent the Frio. Where do ya'll stay when you go? Last year was the first year in 6 years we didn't make a trip.

Daddy D 11
03-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Concan Country Club

SintonFan
03-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Friends and I stayed at Mrs. Bees for years, but that hasn't happened for a long time.:(

big daddy russ
03-22-2010, 12:41 AM
We jump around. Did Andy's last year. We've stayed at Frio Country more than anywhere else, though.

SintonFan
03-22-2010, 01:41 AM
Thinking about Majors this year because lots of friends stay there.
One thing.
We gotta have power.
Gonna cut a square hole in the side of the tent and mount an AC(already have the plan for the bracket and fittings) so we don't suffer at night after being burnt.

AP Panther Fan
03-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Gonna cut a square hole in the side of the tent and mount an AC(already have the plan for the bracket and fittings) so we don't suffer at night after being burnt.

LOL...This made me think of those e-mails you get with the redneck photos attached.
Sorry....:evillol:

sinton66
03-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Thinking about Majors this year because lots of friends stay there.
One thing.
We gotta have power.

WHAT??? No ceiling fan?:D

SintonFan
03-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Ok ok...
now sinton66 made me think!:D

APPF, I'll provide pictures if this works out; and no I won't take a pic with my thumb in front.;)

AP Panther Fan
03-24-2010, 01:30 PM
APPF, I'll provide pictures if this works out; and no I won't take a pic with my thumb in front.;)

I will look forward to them. :D

sinton66
03-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Ok ok...
now sinton66 made me think!:D

I had an Assistant Scoutmaster who made himself a camp box like the Scouts use and installed a couple of DC fans on top. He had a couple of car batteries inside the box and kept a charger and small generator handy. Worked out pretty well during hot summer camps at Karankawa.

SintonFan
03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I had an Assistant Scoutmaster who made himself a camp box like the Scouts use and installed a couple of DC fans on top. He had a couple of car batteries inside the box and kept a charger and small generator handy. Worked out pretty well during hot summer camps at Karankawa.

Too much work and not enough AC.:doh:

I have a couple of dc fans that run forever on "D" batteries anyway.

SintonFan
03-24-2010, 10:28 PM
This is a possibility, too:
Frio River (http://frioriver.com/)