PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to hear an update on Corey Fulbright...

HotDawg89
10-18-2003, 11:01 PM
Anyone hear how he is doing? Is he making progress?

Chris Hart
10-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Hotdawg89, I saw him yesterday morning on one of the high school Highlight shows(can't remember which one), and he was in his wheelchair on the Everman sideline for their game against Venus Friday night. He seemed to be in very good spirit as usual, and talked about how the Everman team rallied for his sake last year, and how they were doing the same now for Craig Boatwright(sp?). He said if he could've been out there playing for Craig, he would've been. I don't know about his progress as far as his extremities go, but he seemed to be doing pretty well considering the circumstances.

BrahmaMom
10-19-2003, 10:28 PM
My prayers continue for Corey as he continues to fight the good fight.

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 11:32 PM
I sure think of him often. I met his mom when they came to Burnet- very sweet lady. Chris, thanks for the info you shared!

DogDoc
10-20-2003, 06:27 PM
I'll do my best to update everyone on Corey> He has begun to reach some of the goals that he had for himself before his injury. He wants to be an actor and has begun classes in Dallas 5 days a week. I talk to him probably at least once a week and his attitude is as good as ever. He has truly inspired me throughout his entire ordeal. He loves the school and plans on recruiting for them after his first semester. They figure he has been interviewed so much that he has the media thing down pretty well. He is riding the train to Dallas every morning and most mornings goes alone. Gets of the train goes to school and then rides the train back to Fort Worth were he is picked up by his family. He has continued to keep a smile on his face and has not gotten discouraged. I admire the young man immensly for his will to succeed. This week needless to say has been very tough on him, but Corey ahs faith and knows that God has a plan for him.

Best wishes to all
DogDoc

Bandera YaYa
10-21-2003, 04:02 PM
What an inspiration! Yes, I also believe God has big plans for him.....May God continue to bless him and his family. :)

BrahmaMom
10-21-2003, 08:04 PM
No doubt God uses these difficult situations for good. Corey and his family will remain in my prayers.