PDA

View Full Version : LH over Burnet

Football Guru 25
10-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Please post something here. I want to here are the LH fans post their HONEST opinions about this game. Yes, I know we are 3 weeks early, BUT someone else brought it up so I want to hear it.

LH FANS, don't post something here talking about "LH has heart, the deserve the win". Don't be a fan of LH, be a fan of football and shout it out. I want to hear HONEST thoughts on this game.

Pudlugger
10-18-2003, 08:43 AM
My advice to LH, keep your powder dry and wait till its game week to speculate here. :rolleyes:

Football Guru 25
10-18-2003, 08:45 AM
I will go first.

Burnet is THE best 3A football team in the NATION. They would be ranked 1 or 2 in the state in 4A also. And they would be in the top 15 in the state in 5A. They will RUN over anyone in district and should have a easy road through the first 2 or 3 rounds.

But since this post is about LH/Burnet, I will keep it to that. LH doesn't stand a CHANCE against Burnet. Burnet will pass, pass somemore, and then pass again. Shipley will keep his 4 TD average against LH alive. LH will make a game out of it for the 1st quarter. After that, it won't be funny. I would say that LH fans would start heading home, but you guys are betters supporters then that. Halftime score will have Burnet up by atleast 14. End of 3rd will be 27 and the final will be a 30 point victory by Burnet.

Any other takers?

3afan2K3
10-18-2003, 08:45 AM
LH is gonna get killed

3afan2K3
10-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Football Guru 25:
I will go first.

Burnet is THE best 3A football team in the NATION. They would be ranked 1 or 2 in the state in 4A also. And they would be in the top 15 in the state in 5A. They will RUN over anyone in district and should have a easy road through the first 2 or 3 rounds.

But since this post is about LH/Burnet, I will keep it to that. LH doesn't stand a CHANCE against Burnet. Burnet will pass, pass somemore, and then pass again. Shipley will keep his 4 TD average against LH alive. LH will make a game out of it for the 1st quarter. After that, it won't be funny. I would say that LH fans would start heading home, but you guys are betters supporters then that. Halftime score will have Burnet up by atleast 14. End of 3rd will be 27 and the final will be a 30 point victory by Burnet.

Any other takers?Burnet would get KILLED in 5A!!!!

Football Guru 25
10-18-2003, 08:53 AM
3afan2K3:
Burnet would get KILLED in 5A!!!!Burnet would compete with MANY 5A teams. Maybe I should have put top 25 instead of top 15.

3afan2K3
10-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Maybe they could sneak into the top 35-40

olddawggreen
10-18-2003, 09:14 AM
ONE GAME AT A TIME, TAKE NO ONE FOR GRANTED! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 09:22 AM
Why are we talking about a game so far in advance. Gees I haven't recovered from the game last night. And don't we play Wimberly, Ingram, and then Liberty Hill.

Tiny
10-18-2003, 10:18 AM
Football Guru 25:
I will go first.

Any other takers?Hey Guru, do you have a life since Band camp is over? Best team in the Nation? I heard all this last year right up until Everman spanked them! Yes Burnet is a Great team but you seem to be determend to start crap about this game. My opinon on this is Burnet should do what your beloved Hootie could NOT do beat LH, but last time I checked Burnet will go DI and LH will be DII so will the outcome really matter? Bottom line here is LH is 17-2 the last two seasons at this point, and WILL be 19-2 when they face Burnet Not Bad. I feel sure that most all Burnet fans will tell you that the sinle most important thing is the last six games! So get off Libety Hills Back!!

PAINTBALL
10-18-2003, 10:33 AM
Liberty Hill, You had better worry about Llano and Bandara before you worry about Burnet. Your game will probably determine whether or not either of these teams make the playoffs. It may mean a lot to them, and we all know how hard kids play when the game has a meaning.

I for one will be worring about Ingram and Wimberly before I worry about you. The same holds true for them in their game against Burnet.

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Tiny
10-18-2003, 10:38 AM
PAINTBALL:
Liberty Hill, You had better worry about Llano and Bandara before you worry about Burnet. Your game will probably determine whether or not either of these teams make the playoffs. It may mean a lot to them, and we all know how hard kids play when the game has a meaning.

I for one will be worring about Ingram and Wimberly before I worry about you. The same holds true for them in their game against Burnet.I agree, Guru25 is the one starting this!

thunder
10-18-2003, 10:43 AM
Tiny and Paintball,I'am sure crazy J, his staffand players,WILL take 1 game at a time. we will be just fine.as for guru25 just blow him off.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2003, 12:13 PM
PAINTBALL:

I for one will be worring about Ingram and Wimberly before I worry about you. The same holds true for them in their game against Burnet.We're not worried about Burnet - it's too far away and there's too much football between now & then. We're more focused on Bandera first, then Llano.

Old Dog
10-18-2003, 12:22 PM
It's amazing how some Burnet fans love the taste of "foot in mouth". It's no wonder many folks hate us. Too many blow-hards for our own good. Our support is wonderful, but sometimes it's overdone. It's making us the most "love to be hated team in Texas". Burnet as a community is not like that at all.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2003, 12:30 PM
No worries. I have, upon extremely rare occasion, suffered from that very disease. wink I know that our players and coaches are completely focused on the game at hand. We know not to take any team lightly - scores on any given Friday are not necessarily indicative of what the score will be when your team is facing those same opponents.

Football Guru 25
10-18-2003, 01:25 PM
I didn't start this. There was another THREAD that was talking about LH and Burnet. So I thought I would start one here so that everyone could get all this crap off their chest.

Congrats to LH on their victories the last 3 years under Vance. I have been a big supporter of them because I have family that works there.

And, TINY, as far as the band camp comment goes. When you start coaching, let me know. I will be glad to set a game up against you. THHHHHHANKS

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Football Guru 25 ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2003, 01:36 PM
I must've missed that one. :)

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 09:05 PM
I think his is a coach or something.

LogieJoeBean001
10-18-2003, 09:16 PM
I have to put my two cents worth in about Burnet in 5a. Perhaps you have not heard or seen the Lufkin Panthers? They are my hometown team and I have been following them, as well as my new adopted 3a team. They are the heavy favorites right now to win State in 5a. I have seen Burnet play and they are an outstanding team. I believe in totally supporting your team but to make as bold a statement as that about 5a is not rational. It would be very interesting if there was such a thing as a "match" game and Lufkin and Burnet COULD play each other. Lufkin is not the only monster team in 5a. Have you seen the other 5a teams? They ALL come to play and are virtual monstrous powerhouses and most are in 11 5a with Lufkin!

olddawggreen
10-18-2003, 11:16 PM
Old Dog:
It's amazing how some Burnet fans love the taste of "foot in mouth". It's no wonder many folks hate us. Too many blow-hards for our own good. Our support is wonderful, but sometimes it's overdone. It's making us the most "love to be hated team in Texas". Burnet as a community is not like that at all.I am begining to suspect that not all of the posters from Burnet that like to stir things up are really from Burnet. :D :D Liberty Hill has more pressing games to worry about than the Burnet game for now and Burnet has other games to worry about too. Lets start talking about the Panther Bulldog game the week before we play!

Football Guru 25
10-19-2003, 10:11 AM
What PRESSING games does LH have left before Burnet? 2-5 Llano? 2-5 Bandera? You're right, they will have to REALLY worry about them. True, you always have to take one game at a time, but you make it sound as if they are really going to have to BATTLE them out.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Football Guru 25:
What PRESSING games does LH have left before Burnet? 2-5 Llano? 2-5 Bandera? You're right, they will have to REALLY worry about them. True, you always have to take one game at a time, but you make it sound as if they are really going to have to BATTLE them out.We're 2-0 in district - have to win 1 more to make it to the playoffs. We don't care who we beat; it'd be really nice to win the 3 remaining games. Speaking as a mom of one of last year's seniors, a lot of focus was put into the Burnet/LH game before it should have been. It didn't keep us from winning those games beforehand, but I believe that by the time it came to the game on 11/8, our boys had gotten so wound up in the trash talk and the hype that had been going on the weeks before the game that they sort of lost their minds that night. Granted, Burnet did kick our butts soundly & played an almost flawless game, but our guys in no way played anywhere close to their abilities. One game at a time, as my dad used to say.