PDA

View Full Version : Why do all the good threads go away?

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
;) :confused:

NateDawg39
03-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Sometimes in life, good things die...I know it's hard right now, but in time you will find the strength to cope with it :D

waterboy
03-18-2010, 11:48 AM
:wave:

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM
There was a time not so long ago that we were free to discuss whatever we wanted...

PPSTATEBOUND
03-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
There was a time not so long ago that we were free to discuss whatever we wanted...

Oh just wait my friend....change is coming.:eek:

LE Dad
03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
There was a time not so long ago that we were free to discuss whatever we wanted... Yes, but now everyone is whining about post count and is sooo sensitive to differing opinions. If we all posted 2X a day, and agreed on everything, this site would be boring.:thinking:

NateDawg39
03-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Yes, but now everyone is whining about post count and is sooo sensitive to differing opinions. If we all posted 2X a day, and agreed on everything, this site would be boring.:thinking: I don't like what you have to say..I am offended in multiple ways and will report this to the proper authorities and you will be dealt with accordingly :nerd:

Keith7
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't know.. Even when they are about real news they get deleted :confused: :confused:

It's a funny phenomenon

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I don't know.. Even when they are about real news they get deleted :confused: :confused:

It's a funny phenomenon

And even sports related news.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM

It's a funny phenomenon

Nah keith its spelled......Obamanon

Keith7
03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
I think the Ron Washington thread went away cuz someone started blaming him for the Mexican drug cartels

Bullaholic
03-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, without sounding condescending or critical----put yourselves in a mod's shoes. How would you handle problematic threads and posts?

garciap77
03-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Oh just wait my friend....change is coming.:eek:

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10902/laughing_cat.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well, without sounding condescending or critcal----put yourselves in a mod's shoes. How would you handle problematic threads and posts?

Yeah maybe its all these new members;) but I swear we used to have some good conversations with different opinions without threads dissapearing.

Bullaholic
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah maybe its all these new members;) but I swear we used to have some good conversations with different opinions without threads dissapearing.

You still can, ASU---but within limits.

Keith7
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Well, without sounding condescending or critical----put yourselves in a mod's shoes. How would you handle problematic threads and posts?

A thread about Ron Washington's admission of cocaine use? I would leave it. I mean that is sports news. No different then discussing the NCAA Tournament today.. But what do I know? I'm just a lowly peasant in this 3adownlow hierarchy

Keith7
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
I put pick6 on LOSER ALERT yesterday too and it got deleted too :(

PPSTATEBOUND
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
I was looking for that ron ron thread..now I know...:confused:

Keith7
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I was looking for that ron ron thread..now I know...:confused:

Ron Ron dipped into the booger sugar, I think everyone should be able to discuss :(

Bullaholic
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
A thread about Ron Washington's admission of cocaine use? I would leave it. I mean that is sports news. No different then discussing the NCAA Tournament today.. But what do I know? I'm just a lowly peasant in this 3adownlow hierarchy

I didn't read the thread before it was moved, but I'll bet that somebody made a personal attack, or posted something advocating drug use or championing the drug culture.

LE Dad
03-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Why can't post content be edited or the questionable post be deleted?? If it continues post a warning about such content. There should be alot more options before moving or closing the thread.

Keith7
03-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I didn't read the thread before it was moved, but I'll bet that somebody made a personal attack, or posted something advocating drug use or championing the drug culture.

Someone started blaming Washington for the Mexican drug cartels.. I think that's where it went down hill :(

Keith7
03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Why can't post content be edited or the questionable post be deleted?? If it continues post a warning about such content. There should be alot more options before moving or closing the thread.

You're walking a thin line asking that question LE Dad.. I'm going to get off of here for a while before I fiind myself having to post on the the 4A site

garciap77
03-18-2010, 12:23 PM

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-041.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

LE Dad
03-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I don't like what you have to say..I am offended in multiple ways and will report this to the proper authorities and you will be dealt with accordingly :nerd: BBDE..... Is that you??:eek: :eek:

Bullaholic
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM

That is logical, LE Dad, but unfortunately that kind of censorship requires a tremendous amount of mod time given the number of threads and posts on this site when it is really active. If the mods were full-time and/or paid, it would be a different story.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM

Dont taze me bro...you asked for opinions.....it is a Forum...:kiss:

MUSTANG69
03-18-2010, 12:27 PM
BBDE..... Is that you??:eek: :eek:

Here come the crying baby pictures again!:D

garciap77
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Here come the crying baby pictures again!:D

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-011.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

:D

MUSTANG69
03-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-011.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

It must be contagious.

LE Dad
03-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Dont taze me bro...you asked for opinions.....it is a Forum...:kiss: Not tazing anyone.lol I am just saying if your post violates a rule then edit the part that is objectionable, and leave the thread on the forum. If you choose to re-edit to make your post to be rule friendly then fine. I hate censorship but with some of the name calling and insults a mod with a stun gun may be required.:D

sinton66
03-18-2010, 03:54 PM
;) :confused:

Because some of them are against the rules or get taken in that direction.

sinton66
03-18-2010, 03:59 PM

We don't delete anything. The rule busting posts were split off first. The direction it was heading didn't change, so the whole thread got moved.

So lets put the ball back in the court of the posters. All of you know the rules. Don't take the threads to where they violate the rules and they won't get removed.

And by the way, you have no way of knowing whether a warning was issued or not unless one of us tells you, so don't assume things not yet in evidence.

Keith7
03-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Because some of them are against the rules or get taken in that direction.

what about the "who am I?" thread? That is clearly against the rules but it gets to stay?

LE Dad
03-18-2010, 04:39 PM

And by the way, you have no way of knowing whether a warning was issued or not unless one of us tells you, so don't assume things not yet in evidence. I was just talking about something friendly on a thread, in the future to let posters know (although they should anyway)that the thread is going away if the direction isn't changed. I wasn't referring to actual warning points.

sinton66
03-18-2010, 04:40 PM
what about the "who am I?" thread? That is clearly against the rules but it gets to stay?

You should know, you're the one taking it in the wrong direction.

MUSTANG69
03-18-2010, 04:42 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith7
03-18-2010, 04:43 PM

Oh so if it's a tea party, every thing is ok??

I thought starting a political thread in the first place would technically be taking it in the wrong direction.. I mean thats what the rules say

LE Dad
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
what about the "who am I?" thread? That is clearly against the rules but it gets to stay? A few posts were but for the most part that was a good thread. IMHO

Keith7
03-18-2010, 04:49 PM
A few posts were but for the most part that was a good thread. IMHO

if its political, its against the rules.. that simple

Keith7
03-18-2010, 04:50 PM
unless its a bunch of conservatives getting together for tea and crumpets with their little dolls of course.. We'll let that go

Bullaholic
03-18-2010, 04:59 PM
unless its a bunch of conservatives getting together for tea and crumpets with their little dolls of course.. We'll let that go

Keep going and we'll end up with a zero tolerance, 100% rules enforcement, 24-7 rules policy. That what you want, Keith?

LE Dad
03-18-2010, 05:02 PM
if its political, its against the rules.. that simple That's not the way it was explained to me... You can discuss goverment, but not particular party candidates, or parties themselves.

Keith7
03-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Keep going and we'll end up with a zero tolerance, 100% rules enforcement, 24-7 rules policy. That what you want, Keith?

if I started a thread bashing the GOP it would be gone in a heartbeat.. Shouldn't it go both ways?

GreenMonster
03-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Keep going and we'll end up with a zero tolerance, 100% rules enforcement, 24-7 rules policy. That what you want, Keith? Don't let one rotten apple spoil the whole bunch. Keith is stirring his stuff again because he's bored or just being a plain ol' donkey. If we mess with him enough maybe he will go on a self appointed sabbatical again and allow us to go on about our merry way. I like Keith and sometimes he has good input, but the guy sure can be bullheaded and confrontational when he wants to be. He's a firm believer in the old addage "The squeeky wheel gets the grease." So he squeeks loud and often to get the attention he desires. There's my 3adownlow $0.02 knowledgeable post of the year. Now, watch later and see how loud he squeeks about my post "dissing" him. :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
03-18-2010, 05:11 PM
if I started a thread bashing the GOP it would be gone in a heartbeat.. Shouldn't it go both ways?

Why not let the discussions go both ways with everyone trying hard not to break the rules? If you want to discuss without seriously agitating, I bet the threads will stay open. If your intent is just to stir folks up, and not discussion---chances are you will succeed and the threads will get closed. Who wins then?

Keith7
03-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Why not let the discussions go both ways with everyone trying hard not to break the rules? If you want to discuss without seriously agitating, I bet the threads will stay open. If your intent is just to stir folks up, and not discussion---chances are you will succeed and the threads will get closed. Who wins then?

it doesn't work that way because when some one argues with the fox news tea party group they revert to calling people moronic and other things like that but of course that is overlooked

Bullaholic
03-18-2010, 05:26 PM
it doesn't work that way because when some one argues with the fox news tea party group they revert to calling people moronic and other things like that but of course that is overlooked

Kids on the playground point fingers at each other and trade insults. Quit "baiting" hoping for an angry response for your amusement, and I think you will be surprised at the opinions of some you have "pigeon-holed" as right-wing, and you may even be interested in the thoughts that they will offer if they think you are being serious.

LE Dad
03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
if I started a thread bashing the GOP it would be gone in a heartbeat.. Shouldn't it go both ways? Start a thread on an issue and it won't. No need to bash 1 party when both are to blame.:D

Bullaholic
03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Start a thread on an issue and it won't. No need to bash 1 party when both are to blame.:D

Good point---controversial issues CAN be discussed without attacking either party---suggestions for solutions without partisan loyalty is what is needed. You can passionately express and remain true to your core philosophies and personal beliefs without attaching them to a political party.

NateDawg39
03-18-2010, 05:35 PM
unless its a bunch of conservatives getting together for tea and crumpets with their little dolls of course.. We'll let that go I had tea for lunch...but im not a big fan of crumpets.

Bullaholic
03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I had tea for lunch...but im not a big fan of crumpets.

A Decatur-ite wouldn't know a crumpet from a doggie log...:D

sinton66
03-18-2010, 07:15 PM

See, YOU'RE the one mentioning Fox news and Tea Parties and doing your best to throw in some insults. No one else has. You just got thread banned.

pirate4state
03-18-2010, 11:40 PM
See, YOU'RE the one mentioning Fox news and Tea Parties and doing your best to throw in some insults. No one else has. You just got thread banned. but his points are valid, which is why i stepped down. i was no longer going to be apart of the hypocrisy. everyone can pretend it doesn't exist, but we all know better.

peace out girl scouts

sinton66
03-19-2010, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
but his points are valid, which is why i stepped down. i was no longer going to be apart of the hypocrisy. everyone can pretend it doesn't exist, but we all know better.

peace out girl scouts

Sorry, I disagree. His points are not valid. The thread was a relatively civil discussion until he chimed in with his name calling and insults. Others managed to post opposition views without doing that. Unfortunately, that's not what Keith is about.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
but his points are valid, which is why i stepped down. i was no longer going to be apart of the hypocrisy. everyone can pretend it doesn't exist, but we all know better.

peace out girl scouts

That's crap

LH Panther Mom
03-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Why not let the discussions go both ways with everyone trying hard not to break the rules?
Because we are all either liberal idiots or conservative morons! :doh: :p Opinions are never "wrong" but that doesn't stop those with differing ones, who insist on being "right" from continually beating someone over the head (figuratively) trying to show how "wrong" others are. :rolleyes:

I've seen posted a few times that we're not a political board with suggestions to find one. I think we've even had stickies about it! :thinking: :thinking: Strictly my opinion (which, fwiw is RIGHT :D ), but it's a good idea.