Anyone eat Hot-dogs and Pop-corn?

Yoe_09
03-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Anyone eat Hot-dogs and Pop-corn?

All the time lol...the game was in La Grange

hookandladder
03-18-2010, 06:10 AM
Game was tied in the top of the 6th inning, LG Releif pitcher walked 2 and hit 1 batter in the top of 6th and runners scored on 2 pass balls and a ground out. Cuero's pitcher did pitch the whole game, had to have thrown well over a 100 pitches, I would say around 120 -130. Was LG's first loss of the season.

44INAROW
03-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Cueros record?

Cuero is 6-8 now..

Game played in LG

No idea about the concessions :)

pirate4state
03-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Game was tied in the top of the 6th inning, LG Releif pitcher walked 2 and hit 1 batter in the top of 6th and runners scored on 2 pass balls and a ground out. Cuero's pitcher did pitch the whole game, had to have thrown well over a 100 pitches, I would say around 120 -130. Was LG's first loss of the season.

If that's really how many pitches he threw...that's a lot for a non-district game! :eek: Hell, that's a lot in ANY game!

Congrats to the Gobblers

44INAROW
03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Just got off the phone with Tyler's mother - according to the official scorebook - Tyler pitched 116 pitches.

hookandladder
03-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Just got off the phone with Tyler's mother - according to the official scorebook - Tyler pitched 116 pitches.

As I said I was just guessing, also depending on who is keeping the book if they counted fouled off pitches also. This can add another 10 to 20 pitches, just saying.

44INAROW
03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
As I said I was just guessing, also depending on who is keeping the book if they counted fouled off pitches also. This can add another 10 to 20 pitches, just saying.
I wasn't saying you were wrong - I was just posting info I had.. just saying :p I wasn't there, I was prone on the couch watching American Idol......:D still working on the hotdog and popcorn situation for FBB ;)

Coach or Die 67
03-18-2010, 10:10 AM
This magical 100 pitch count number is exactly what it is. Magical.... The arm was built to handle it. The arm could handle a 140 pitches. The amount of rest and recovery work done afterwards is the key ingredient.

hookandladder
03-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Coach or Die 67
This magical 100 pitch count number is exactly what it is. Magical.... The arm was built to handle it. The arm could handle a 140 pitches. The amount of rest and recovery work done afterwards is the key ingredient.

I tend to agree, sometimes a coach has to trust the kid. Ideally in 7 inning game you would like to keep the pitch count around a 100. Also I beleive the ratio between fastballs and breaking pitches should be in the 70 to 30 percent, to many breaking pitches thrown the wrong way is not good. Just my 2 cents.

headhunter
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Arndt threw 116 pitches (THAT INCLUDES EVERY PITCH THROW)

I am a huge fan of pitch count, their is a reason you keep it. Normally a pitcher will tend to show fatigue in his delivery/mechanics around the 90 - 110 mark.

Many factors play into this. It depends sometimes how hard the pitcher has had to work in the innings, if he has throw 15-18 pitches an inning then he is probably ok, but if he was cruising though the first 4 innings and then is throwing 25-30 an inning in the 5th and 6th then he is probably having to work harder and is probably showing signs of fatigue.

I have debated this "pitch count" many of times. A lot really depends on the situation. However I am NEVER a fan of leaving a kid out there much over the 110-120 mark, the arm simply isn't built for it. I have seen a few times when a kids threw 135+ and I was in disbelief how a coach could allow that.

Arndt was not breaking down last night. I would not have allowed him to pitch the 8th but he had earned the right to finish the game, also he will have adequate time off to rest until his next start, He will be able to build some arm strength and stamina from this outing.

BUT TO HIT ON THE COMMENT ABOUT PITCH COUNT --- IMO it is necessary to keep and eye on the pitch counter, more importantly though it's important to see if a pitcher is breaking down mechanically.

headhunter
03-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Lance Day from Snyder threw 160 pitches in the first week of the season two years ago for Snyder. I just could not fathom the reason why a coach would allow this. Still to this day it is mind blowing to think that the kid didn't suffer a dead arm for three weeks. Some kids are different, their is always a few that have that "rubber arm" but the 100 pitch mark does have some truth behind it. There will always be exceptions to the rule, I guess that is what is so great about the message boards, here we have the ability to debate, second guess and say what we would have done differently.

hookandladder
03-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Arndt threw 116 pitches (THAT INCLUDES EVERY PITCH THROW)

I am a huge fan of pitch count, their is a reason you keep it. Normally a pitcher will tend to show fatigue in his delivery/mechanics around the 90 - 110 mark.

Many factors play into this. It depends sometimes how hard the pitcher has had to work in the innings, if he has throw 15-18 pitches an inning then he is probably ok, but if he was cruising though the first 4 innings and then is throwing 25-30 an inning in the 5th and 6th then he is probably having to work harder and is probably showing signs of fatigue.

I have debated this "pitch count" many of times. A lot really depends on the situation. However I am NEVER a fan of leaving a kid out there much over the 110-120 mark, the arm simply isn't built for it. I have seen a few times when a kids threw 135+ and I was in disbelief how a coach could allow that.

Arndt was not breaking down last night. I would not have allowed him to pitch the 8th but he had earned the right to finish the game, also he will have adequate time off to rest until his next start, He will be able to build some arm strength and stamina from this outing.

BUT TO HIT ON THE COMMENT ABOUT PITCH COUNT --- IMO it is necessary to keep and eye on the pitch counter, more importantly though it's important to see if a pitcher is breaking down mechanically.

Last night was the first time I have seen Arndt pitch, to me he does not labor much on the mound. He rely's on hitting spot's and changeing speeds, not overpowering but effective. If he just threw 116 pitches with giving up 9 runs in 7 innings, then he must have had some quick outs.What a good looking kid, hope my kid looks something like him in a couple of years.

Coach or Die 67
03-18-2010, 10:37 PM
You do not have a clue headhunter "the arm is not built for that"!!! It is always those that say what they think and really do not know

headhunter
03-19-2010, 09:20 AM
You do not have a clue headhunter "the arm is not built for that"!!! It is always those that say what they think and really do not know

I do not have a clue?

Please enlighten me about 116 pitches being too much last night!!!

I believe I said I am NOT a fan of leaving a kid in much past the 100 pitch mark,

READ MY POST --- Pitchers start too break down around he 90-110 pitch mark. There is a reason they keep pitch count, at 116 pithes the other night Arndt was not breaking down, like I said, if they had played past the 7th I would have seen a need to pul him. 95% of the time I would suggest pulling pirchers around the 100 pitch mark, but everynow and then you give the kid 15 more pitches to finish the job.

PLEASE ENLGHTEN ME ON HOW I DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ---- BE SPECIFIC!!!!

headhunter
03-19-2010, 09:28 AM

I am pretty sure we are saying the exact same thing here?

No way a kid SHOULD throw 140 pitches!!! Can he do it? Yes, but it's probably not a great thing to do repeatedly.

"GET A CLUE" I really hope yor not serious, please tell me how the game of baseball should be played, I am sure you know way more than me!!!