PDA

View Full Version : Who ducked out of the fight Pacman or Mayweather?

Z-RO
03-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Here are the facts

Mayweather wanted Olympic style testing.
Pacman refused to do so.

DUKE22
03-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Say what you want about Pac not wanting to give blood when PBF wanted him too. Who has a history of ducking fighters and who doesnt. Mayweather has ducked Margarito, turned down 9 million for that. He has ducked Paul Williams, he has ducked Cotto. He fights smaller guys or guys passed there prime period. Pacman is not called the Mexecutioner for no reason. He fought Morales, Barrera, Marquez all in top form and beat them. I think floyd could beat Pac but I am pretty sure he does not to find out if he can.

DDBooger
03-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Say what you want about Pac not wanting to give blood when PBF wanted him too. Who has a history of ducking fighters and who doesnt. Mayweather has ducked Margarito, turned down 9 million for that. He has ducked Paul Williams, he has ducked Cotto. He fights smaller guys or guys passed there prime period. Pacman is not called the Mexecutioner for no reason. He fought Morales, Barrera, Marquez all in top form and beat them. I think floyd could beat Pac but I am pretty sure he does not to find out if he can. Exactly

PPSTATEBOUND
03-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Rules are already in place and need to be followed. Pac had no problem following the rules already in place for the fight..... Mayweather had problems following the same rules that were already in place.

These facts are very simple and easy to undersand and IMO can only lead to one conclusion. The replies before mine summed it up pretty good....

The Mosley fight should be a damn good one, there are numerous fighters on Mosley's resume that Mayweather has ducked also. Shane is a little to Robotic at times and that leads to being able to be timed by great fighters. If Mayweather can exploit this over and over again he could win this fight. If Shane does not let this hapeen I believe he will prove to be to powerful for Mayweathers untested chin. Mayweathers flamboyent style reminds me of Micheal "Second To" Nunn..I hope I see the same the same mistake made and that kind of punch take Floyd out in the Mosley fight as I saw take Nunn completely out in the Toney fight. It was a punch of atomic proportions from a 23-1 underdog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWtl-ae65qI

waterboy
03-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Honestly, I don't think either one is skeared of the other. I think they are playing a game just to peak interest in a future fight. The more interest in the fight the bigger the payoff for both. Just a thought......

bandera7
03-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Id want better testing when the only thing they have is a urine test also...urine tests find nothing.

DU_stud04
03-17-2010, 08:46 AM
mayweathers ducking him just like he's ducked any decent competition. i believe the whole thing is a soap opera to get a bigger interest, if that's even possible. big mayweather fan , bigger pacquiao fan...pacquiao shuts him up if they meet.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Which organization would have sanctioned the fight?

Ex-Tiger2005
03-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Say what you want about Pac not wanting to give blood when PBF wanted him too. Who has a history of ducking fighters and who doesnt. Mayweather has ducked Margarito, turned down 9 million for that. He has ducked Paul Williams, he has ducked Cotto. He fights smaller guys or guys passed there prime period. Pacman is not called the Mexecutioner for no reason. He fought Morales, Barrera, Marquez all in top form and beat them. I think floyd could beat Pac but I am pretty sure he does not to find out if he can.

The Mexecutioner huh? I tell you what I would handle that geek!
;)

(inside joke)

DUKE22
03-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
The Mexecutioner huh? I tell you what I would handle that geek!
;)

(inside joke) Maybe in the trenches or in a ring that was 4 by 4 LOL.

Ex-Tiger2005
03-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Maybe in the trenches or in a ring that was 4 by 4 LOL.

hahaha!

Good point!

bandera7
03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Regardless of if they meet, there will be a 2nd one. Its bound to be in the contract for both sides. I think a split decision win would make this soap opera even more dramatic.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Regardless of if they meet, there will be a 2nd one. Its bound to be in the contract for both sides. I think a split decision win would make this soap opera even more dramatic.

Pac knocks this fool OUT!, no rematch.

eagles_victory
03-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Pac knocks this fool OUT!, no rematch. He couldn't even knock out Joshua Clottey. Everyone says Floyd ducks all the top competition Marquez number 2 pound for pound at the time fights him and dominates him (Pac beat him in a split decision in 08) Now he is fighting number 3 pound for pound in Mosley in his next fight. Hatton was like 42-0 when Mayweather fought him come up with a better argument folks.

DDBooger
03-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
He couldn't even knock out Joshua Clottey. Apparently you didn't watch the same fight everyone else did, hard to knock someone out who's much bigger than you and covers up the whole time. Sad really, covering up from a smaller fighter lol.

Originally posted by eagles_victory
Everyone says Floyd ducks all the top competition Marquez number 2 pound for pound at the time fights him and dominates him (Pac beat him in a split decision in 08) Now he is fighting number 3 pound for pound in Mosley in his next fight. UH, Marquez was the much smaller man who had to gain weight for the fight. He looked out of shape and slow. Again, Pac has fought fighters, all bigger than him as he's ascended, other way around for Floyd. He uses the excuse that he was coming out of retirement LMAO, tell that to Hopkins who comes out to fight the BEST possible opponent. PBF is more about his image and claim to be great rather than proving it. Mosley is the 1st real test I see on Mayweather's list of fights and only cause he's bigger and fast. I'll tell you this, he won't step in the ring with Paul Williams. He'll find every way to duck that one, perhaps request a genealogical check to make sure he's human written into the contract LOL.

eagles_victory
03-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Apparently you didn't watch the same fight everyone else did, hard to knock someone out who's much bigger than you and covers up the whole time. Sad really, covering up from a smaller fighter lol.

UH, Marquez was the much smaller man who had to gain weight for the fight. He looked out of shape and slow. Again, Pac has fought fighters, all bigger than him as he's ascended, other way around for Floyd. He uses the excuse that he was coming out of retirement LMAO, tell that to Hopkins who comes out to fight the BEST possible opponent. PBF is more about his image and claim to be great rather than proving it. Mosley is the 1st real test I see on Mayweather's list of fights and only cause he's bigger and fast. I'll tell you this, he won't step in the ring with Paul Williams. He'll find every way to duck that one, perhaps request a genealogical check to make sure he's human written into the contract LOL. Clottey really was sad not coming out trying to fight. I like Pac great fighter but everyone is negative about Mayweather the dude can straight go 40-0 is 40-0 no matter how you look at it. As for Paul Williams in the fights I have seen I haven't really been impressed.

TheDOCTORdre
03-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Here are the facts

Mayweather wanted Olympic style testing.
Pacman refused to do so.

haha lets forget to state that boxing already has testing and Mmayweathers career is based on ducking fights

Z-RO
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
I really think peoples hatred for PBF is affecting their judgement.

forum_guy
03-17-2010, 10:02 PM
its obvious that people who said pacman would knock him out are stupid and do not know what they are talking about and the answer to this poll is neither. Pacman was ducking the testing if anything. Saying pacman would knock out PBF is seriously laughable. I LOL'd reading that.

bandera7
03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Pac is a good fighter. No doubt. The question on everyones mind...why??? How do you go from getting KO'd in the 3rd round from two nobodies to being considered the best? Something is fishy...I am a Mayweather fan, so maybe my judgement is a bit clouded, but atleast I am honest with myself when I make my judgements....I dont see all that much honesty from the Pac side.

Old Tiger
03-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I love how everyone is so defensive for the mexican fighter

DU_stud04
03-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I love how everyone is so defensive for the mexican fighter Morales, Barrera, Marquez, DLH???? who are you talking about? only mexican boxers ive seen on this thread...

DUKE22
03-17-2010, 11:21 PM
How can anyone on here say that Mayweather has not ducked fighters. The dude handpicks people he can beat PERIOD. He claims he is the best, BS. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran all fought each other. To be considered one of the best you have to beat the best. Mayweathers hall of fame speach will be his great victories against Jab Judah, Jose Luis Castillo, over the hill Da La Hoya, underweight Marquez and Arturo "thunder" Gatti(who I actually loved by the way)

bandera7
03-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Mayweather fought the best at the time. And never lost. Could he have picked better fights, maybe fights that made more money? probably. But he picked fights that he felt were the best. Did Pac not also fight an over the hill De La Hoya? And nobody mentions that. Mayweather isnt dodging the fight, because he wants a drug test. Once the test is taken there is nothing to be done, the fight is on. Is it really that hard to lose your superstition of needles to take a blood test? Cause I mean, he managed to lose the superstition for all of his tats?

DU_stud04
03-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Pac is a good fighter. No doubt. The question on everyones mind...why??? How do you go from getting KO'd in the 3rd round from two nobodies to being considered the best? Something is fishy...I am a Mayweather fan, so maybe my judgement is a bit clouded, but atleast I am honest with myself when I make my judgements....I dont see all that much honesty from the Pac side.
honestly, the only people i hear this question from are form people who don't follow boxing and only go by records.

he goes from getting ko'd in the 3rd round to what he is now because of freddie roach. without him he would be just another brawler. to see manny mature as a fighter these last few years has been quite a sight to see. even back in 05...pacquiao was only knows as a brawler type of fight and his only real weapon was his left hook(and speed), not much defense and always looked for the high contact fights. he's finally becoming a smarter boxer, not only with playing defense, but counter punching and throwing smart punches.

"how does he keep speed though with him gaining weight?"
mayweather is still the fastest hands in the sport....and he show up for the fights at around 160 usually. hell, he came in to the game at 106 and is only .75 of an inch taller than the shorter man, pacquiao. mayweather is 2 years OLDER than pacquiao and hell... hasnt slowed down since i started watching him years ago. why do things have to be different in these scenarios?

DU_stud04
03-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Mayweather fought the best at the time. And never lost. Could he have picked better fights, maybe fights that made more money? probably. But he picked fights that he felt were the best. Did Pac not also fight an over the hill De La Hoya? And nobody mentions that. EVERYONE mentions that.... mayweather made it one of his biggest points whenever people say he dodges the best fighters. he said it for dlh, he said it for hatton.... its the short piece of rope that keeps him from falling under the bus when this topic is brought up.

Is it really that hard to lose your superstition of needles to take a blood test? Cause I mean, he managed to lose the superstition for all of his tats? learn the superstition before you attack it. pacquao had blood taken from him 48 hours before the 2005 morales fight and he stated it made him feel dizzy and weak. yes, he has tattoo's...which was probably done in the offtime, not right before a big fight. its a little blood right? ive seen people get light headed from the first prick when giving blood on the carter donation buses.... just think about doing that when you are trying to make weight...you havent eaten anything or drank anything since the night before because you have a weight in and cant afford to be over the set weight...then asked to give a sample of blood...then not being able to eat or drink immediately after like they advise you should when any blood is taken... this happened in 05' against morales when they "lost" his paper work form the blood test for the fight. something small, but he felt it was something that effected him and is something he doesnt want to have to deal with again. give the guy a week before the drug test, and immediately after like freddie roach asked....this is just ways for pretty boy to try to regain control over the situation since he has to come down in weight.

DUKE22
03-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Mayweather fought the best at the time. And never lost. Could he have picked better fights, maybe fights that made more money? probably. But he picked fights that he felt were the best. Did Pac not also fight an over the hill De La Hoya? And nobody mentions that. Mayweather isnt dodging the fight, because he wants a drug test. Once the test is taken there is nothing to be done, the fight is on. Is it really that hard to lose your superstition of needles to take a blood test? Cause I mean, he managed to lose the superstition for all of his tats? No PAC wiped the floor with an over the hill De La Hoya as he did with an overrated Ricky Hatton. PAC is 5-1-1 against Morales, Barrera, and Marquez. If you know boxing then the argument is over. HBO 24/7 is better than Mayweathers fights. At least on that you can laugh at the crackheads in his corner. Now I dont like Mayweather and that is obvious, and I will admit he is good. He is however nowhere near the entertainer in the ring that PACMAN is.

DU_stud04
03-18-2010, 12:29 AM
No PAC wiped the floor with an over the hill De La Hoya as he did with an overrated Ricky Hatton. PAC is 5-1-1 against Morales, Barrera, and Marquez. If you know boxing then the argument is over. HBO 24/7 is better than Mayweathers fights. At least on that you can laugh at the crackheads in his corner. Now I dont like Mayweather and that is obvious, and I will admit he is good. He is however nowhere near the entertainer in the ring that PACMAN is. you mean jr's letting sr in the corner finally? (low blow....i know)

ive been a big fan of both fighters, mayweathers impenetrable defense...which many dont care for , but damn, is he good. its crazy to see opponents to trap him in a corner, throw 10-15 punches and MAYBE land 2-3 of them. pacquiao's just a machine that keeps coming for you. always the smaller guy who keeps climbing up the charts. both are entertainers in their own ways..both needed for boxing and cant wait for the soap opera between the two to settle.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Mayweather does not have enough power to handle Pac, or the chin... his pretty boy catch me if you can style will catch up with him when he fights somebody with Thunder in his gloves, and skills to match. The south paw style that Pac brings has not been brought up much on here, that is a huge factor in this almost fight. It wil catch up with him as it did with the pretty boy and self hyped NUNN in the Toney fight, or then unbeatable KO artist Roy Jones, Tarver caught him CLOWNING and KO the phuck out of him. The #1 pound for pound boxer in some eyes not being able to hurt much less take out a over the hill Dela Hoya is amazing IMO, a over the hill Hopkins showd him the way as did a much smaller Pac.

Mosley will train wreck yalls wittle darling, as Pac would have.

bandera7
03-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Reuben, we both know I follow boxing. And I also know that Pacs trainer did wonders for him. But the dude peaked outside of his physical prime...it will never make sense to me. And PBF has stated that he wants tests 30 days before, and I belive 2 weeks before. That is the info I heard. Not 2 hours before. Both sides put out different arguments as to what the issue is, which makes me think this is all just more hype for the fight anyway. And I have been thinking, if Mosley beats Mayweather, where does that leave Pac? Not that I think he will, I think Mayweather outlasts him basically, but Mosley is a heck of a fighter too.

TheDOCTORdre
03-18-2010, 06:06 PM
And PBF has stated that he wants tests 30 days before, and I belive 2 weeks before. That is the info I heard. Not 2 hours before. .

PB wants olympic testing which leaves th door open for testing any time before the fight at any time, Pac has said if PB puts a dealine on the testing 2 weeks before he will do it and then give blood immediately following the fight

Old Tiger
03-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Boxing is a watered down sport now days and I don't think either of them could compare all time.

DU_stud04
03-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Reuben, we both know I follow boxing. And I also know that Pacs trainer did wonders for him. But the dude peaked outside of his physical prime...it will never make sense to me. And PBF has stated that he wants tests 30 days before, and I belive 2 weeks before. That is the info I heard. Not 2 hours before. Both sides put out different arguments as to what the issue is, which makes me think this is all just more hype for the fight anyway. And I have been thinking, if Mosley beats Mayweather, where does that leave Pac? Not that I think he will, I think Mayweather outlasts him basically, but Mosley is a heck of a fighter too. this is the first ive heard you talk about boxing. i do have a bad memory though at times.

you keep talking about a "physical prime" which means nothing at all once again.... its different for all people and it also it not when you reach it...it how long you hold on to it.

and dr is correct. the drug testing would be random up to the night before the fight. if sugar beats mayweather then its simple.... manny sugar meet up for a just as amazing fight. id also like to see a finale to marquez pacquiao.

DUKE22
03-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Boxing is a watered down sport now days and I don't think either of them could compare all time. LOL I think they both rank pretty good. Both are top 25 IMO. Now they are both fighting in an awful era of boxing but winning more than five titles in five different divisions says something. If PBF beats Mosley and then beats PAC he is top five I think.