PDA

View Full Version : Whose better QB V-Young or R-McNeal

CTownHardHitter07
11-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Who is the betterQB??? Vince Young from the Horns or Reggie McNeal from A&M ....I say Vince young

District303aPastPlayer
11-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Vince is a very good athlete, and so is reggie.... its a tough call to make.

Reveille
11-04-2003, 10:54 AM
It is to early in their career to make a call. Both bring a lot to the table.

CTownHardHitter07
11-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Yea but look at what Vince does....and what Reggie Does.....Vince runs all over everyone he plays....and he has an arm...i say he is already better than Reggie!

JasperDog94
11-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Maybe so, but Vince has yet to do much with his arm. Reggie showed he had a great touch last year against OU. I would have to give the nod to Young when it comes to running the football.

kaorder1999
11-04-2003, 11:24 AM
young....

Cat22
11-04-2003, 11:29 AM
I think Young has a better supporting cast right now. I think he is a better runner, but give the passing game to McNeal. It's still too early in their careers to say who is better.

whtfbplaya
11-04-2003, 12:09 PM
Reveille:
It is to early in their career to make a call. Both bring a lot to the table.Amen

Young can run, Mcneal beat #1

The Guru
11-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Let's just enjoy the fact that UT and A&M have QB's good enough to be arguing about who is better. I'll have to agree with everyone else. Let's wait a couple more years before we decide. I would like to see Reggie run more and Vince throw more.

the-O-fence
11-04-2003, 12:12 PM
I think Young is the better QB, but I guess we will find out when UT plays A&M.

whtfbplaya
11-04-2003, 12:14 PM
the-O-fence:
I think Young is the better QB, but I guess we will find out when UT plays A&M.It amazes me how people judge talent.

shsu62
11-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Seems like a toss up. Vince has a better supporting cast which makes the job a lot easier. Reggie is gettins used to a new coach so time will tell on these two young quarterbacks.

footballguy 22
11-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Young right now

BrahmaMom
11-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Young has some very impressive moves, but yes, he also has more help than McNeal. Young has come out of the gate quick, we'll see how he does over time.

whtfbplaya
11-04-2003, 12:21 PM
shsu check pm

LUMBER_JACK
11-04-2003, 12:25 PM
young no doubt

BigChamp05
11-04-2003, 01:32 PM
McNeal had a years experience, and at that level, that goes a long ways. The only reason Vince looks good is becuase of the DESCENT team that is around him. If Reggie was QB for UT, they might of had a chance to beat OU.

CentralTxFan
11-04-2003, 01:50 PM
McNeal had 2 games experience coming into this year. And not even 2 full games. He was injured in the Missouri game last year and that kept him from playing the rest of the season. You can't compare these two right now. In the end, when the new system starts clicking with McNeal, I believe we will see a much improved, more talented player.

BigChamp05
11-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Its called big game experience, and no matter what, when you play the number one team in the nation, and beat them, you get that experience. We saw the lack of that when vince played OU. All i say is put Reggie on UT, and he would be better than Vince.

grigsby
11-04-2003, 02:00 PM
I think Young is the better QB, but I guess we will find out when UT plays A&M. Ok think about this one a bit. That game wont decide who the better QB is. It will determine the better team. The team as a whole not the QB. Yeah I am a bit predjuice because I live in Diboll but Reggie is going to a heck of a QB and so is Young. But I say that Reggie will have a all around better career that Young. Run and pass I think that he is better.

shsu62
11-04-2003, 02:30 PM
I cant check my pm

AggieJohn
11-04-2003, 03:04 PM
just think though...if v. young had come to A&M then he could of joined up with high school teammate and A&M RB Courtney Lewis...imagine that backfield...as too who is better..their talents are both raw....reggie doesn't know how to stay in the pocket and go out at the right times...he'll go back 9 yards to try to go forward 15...it's frustrating sometimes because he'll get major losses...now flip the coin to V.young....vince is great..but an inside source at Galena Park ISD said that during his tenure at Madison he was very cocky and the more superstardom he got the less he wanted to work...now obviously i can't solidify that claim...but it's somethign to chew on..my only beef with v.young is that his throwing form is horrible..he's never been coached how to be a passer..yes he has a cannon..but his passes aren't completely concise...both of the guys have obvious talent..just hope that one doesn't opt out for the NFL in a year or two....i bet v.young does though....but overall reggie is better because he does have that QB form...he's just not a smart player like vince is...that's why i give my nod to reggie....but then again i'm bias i guess

crzyjournalist03
11-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Vince Young is better now simply because he has better talent around him.

WoodvilleFan
11-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Slocum wasted half a season for McNeal. If Slocum wasn't going to redshirt McNeal as a freshman McNeal should have been the starter from game 1 not beginning with the OU game. McNeal didn't get quality playing time till the OU game, by waiting so long to be the starter he missed out on 8 games experience.

Young will be the better qb. More talent, better team. McNeal got shafted by Slocum. McNeal is having to through a rebuilding process.

Gilmer Buckeye
11-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Who told Vince it was okay to throw passes sidearm? This negates his 6'6" height advantage and he gets just as many passes batted down as would someone half a foot shorter. At least one has even been intercepted and run back for a TD.

Oh well. I noticed the same thing about the legendary (in his, his dad's and Mack's minds anyhow) Chris Simms. He seemed to have a knack for throwing the ball directly into an oncoming lineman like a moth to a flame.

KL3
11-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Explayer2001 said "he's just not a smart player like vince is." I'm sorry my friend, but you have that statement 100% backwards. If Vince was so smart, he would have learned more than 10 plays in 1 1/2 years.

crzyjournalist03
11-04-2003, 05:28 PM
Gilmer Buckeye:
Who told Vince it was okay to throw passes sidearm? This negates his 6'6" height advantage and he gets just as many passes batted down as would someone half a foot shorter. At least one has even been intercepted and run back for a TD.

Oh well. I noticed the same thing about the legendary (in his, his dad's and Mack's minds anyhow) Chris Simms. He seemed to have a knack for throwing the ball directly into an oncoming lineman like a moth to a flame.Don't ever use the words "legendary" and "Chris Simms" in the same sentence unless it's used as "Chris Simms was given the starting QB job over the legendary Major Applewhite."

29x281
11-04-2003, 06:33 PM
How original you are, slamming Chris Simms. Very bold.

AggieJohn
11-05-2003, 03:22 AM
KL3:
Explayer2001 said "he's just not a smart player like vince is." I'm sorry my friend, but you have that statement 100% backwards. If Vince was so smart, he would have learned more than 10 plays in 1 1/2 years.hey dude i'm all about aggie football..fact was there this weekend...it just hacks me off when he jumps out of that pocket and goes backward then goes forward....why not just tuck and run....can't blame him though...RC never let him learn...