PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Tiger Baseball

957tiger
03-14-2010, 07:59 PM
The Tigers went 2-1 in the Ricebird Tournament over the weekend. After losing to Needville in Game 1, they came back to beat 5A Morton Ranch on Saturday 7-6. Freshman Seth Hill picked up his second win of the season. Tyler Turnbull bounced a ball off the top of the big wall in center, the ball hit the light pole just behind the wall and came back into the field. The umpires didn't know what to call and finally settled on the ball hitting the very edge and not clearing the park. Turnbull ended up with a double.

On Saturday Jakob Diez pitched a complete game against 5A West Houston winning 10-0. The Tigers had an 11 hit attack against a talented team. They will meet West Houston again on Tuesday at home. They split 3-3 in both the Sealy and El Campo Tournaments combined.

XMan
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
West Houston is some sort of private school and not a UIL 5A team. Houston Westside is a 5a team. Westside was in Sealy's tournament last week and is way down from where they were 3 or 4 years ago. Houston Westside's website had them scheduled to play in the Brenham tournament this past week, not in El Campo.

957tiger
03-16-2010, 11:08 AM
We were told by the West Houston coach they are a private school in Houston. They are like alot of private schools in the fact they can pretty much hand pick their players. From what the parents told me there are kids from all over the Houston area playing on the team. Not a bad squad, speedy but pitching hurt them on this particular day. Houston Westside is a 5A school as mentioned.

BaseballUmp
03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
If I remember correctly, I called a sealy west houston game last year and the west houston team is home schooled then come together to form a team

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
The Tigers went 2-1 in the Ricebird Tournament over the weekend. After losing to Needville in Game 1, they came back to beat 5A Morton Ranch on Saturday 7-6.

Friend from Sealy said it was 5a Morton Ranch Sophmore team?

jrhernandez7
03-17-2010, 11:59 PM
so who are the district front runners in this district??? i know lg an giddings are tought. but who else??? i know smihville is actualy doing very well early on. won a couple tournaments. finished second in another. hitting the long ball frequently. they may not be in the top 3 at the end, but with the improvment of this team from last yr, they will decide who gets in this district i think.

millcreek
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Friend from Sealy said it was 5a Morton Ranch Sophmore team?

Your friend from Sealy is wrong, that was NOT the sophomore team from Morton Ranch. Brad Steiner was on the Morton Ranch team, he is a senior, how do I know that..played on the Morton Ranch Prep team with him..

Your sealy friend is wrong, once again..

44INAROW
03-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by millcreek
Your friend from Sealy is wrong, that was NOT the sophomore team from Morton Ranch. Brad Steiner was on the Morton Ranch team, he is a senior, how do I know that..played on the Morton Ranch Prep team with him..

Your sealy friend is wrong, once again..

Lighten up Francis............ it's not that big of a deal -

oh yea - welcome to the board.:p

millcreek
03-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Just setting the record straight,,

love,
Francis

957tiger
03-18-2010, 11:26 PM
The Tigers faced West Houston Charter at the "Mutt" in Sealy. Say what you will about this team but their pitcher was hitting 90-93 for the first 3 innings before falling off. This was gunned by a scout who was checking this kid out. Last name of Jolly. Speedy athlete, layed down a bunt and was almost standing on first base before the ball hit the ground. Sealy did win 14-5.

Coach Montier gave his pitching staff 2 innings of work apeice. Starting pitcher was Barrett, followed by Cryan and Turnbull with closer Chase pitching the top of the seventh. Sealy has won three in a row and faces Columbia on Friday to close out pre- district play. The Tigers travel to Columbus on Tuesday to open district.

hookandladder
03-19-2010, 07:16 AM
The Tigers faced West Houston Charter at the "Mutt" in Sealy. Say what you will about this team but their pitcher was hitting 90-93 for the first 3 innings before falling off. This was gunned by a scout who was checking this kid out. Last name of Jolly. Speedy athlete, layed down a bunt and was almost standing on first base before the ball hit the ground. Sealy did win 14-5.

Coach Montier gave his pitching staff 2 innings of work apeice. Starting pitcher was Barrett, followed by Cryan and Turnbull with closer Chase pitching the top of the seventh. Sealy has won three in a row and faces Columbia on Friday to close out pre- district play. The Tigers travel to Columbus on Tuesday to open district.

If this pitcher was hitting 90-93 for 3 innings, there had to be more then one scout at the game. Did Sealy score any runs off this pitcher.

millcreek
03-19-2010, 07:49 AM

957 Tiger, I saw Jolly play in the Houston Area Coaches all star game last summer, at Reckling Park..and I did see the scout at last nights game. Very fast first three innings. Looks like a closer to me. Do you remember the year Ross Seaton, from Second Baptist, played in the Sealy Tournament? At least 10 scouts with guns standing behind homeplate fence. Seaton was offered on the spot. Ended up signing with the Astros right out of High School, he was something to watch.

SintonPirateFan
03-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Lighten up Francis............ it's not that big of a deal -

oh yea - welcome to the board.:p

just to make sure......the friend from sealy was WRONG. WRONG I SAY!!!!!

:D

i was waiting for "jane, you ignorant...."

millcreek
03-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

good one

millcreek
03-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
so who are the district front runners in this district??? i know lg an giddings are tought. but who else??? i know smihville is actualy doing very well early on. won a couple tournaments. finished second in another. hitting the long ball frequently. they may not be in the top 3 at the end, but with the improvment of this team from last yr, they will decide who gets in this district i think.

My picks are..

1) Giddings
2) Lagrange
3) Columbus

Sealy, Bellville, Smithville,,,who knows. Smithville was hitting the ball well last year and will probably be the spoiler.

44INAROW
03-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

LOL one of my favorite skits on SNL...:D

millcreek
03-19-2010, 03:37 PM
The Jolly kid signed an LOI with U of H as a wide receiver. Looks like he could be playing baseball too.

957tiger
03-20-2010, 09:17 AM
The Tigers beat W. Columbia last night 8-7. Sealy held the lead
6-4 going into the sixth. Columbia scored three runs. Turnbull came in top of 7 with one runner on, struck-out first two, low throw to first allows runner to reach safely. Steals second. Third strike out retires the side.

Sealy scores on a ball that gets by the right fielder 7-7. Runner on second scores when slow grounder to third baseman is over thrown high and wide to first. Tigers win 8-7. Pitching staff of Diez/Hill/Turnbull help Sealy get their fourth win in a row.

XMan
03-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Seaton was offered on the spot. Ended up signing with the Astros right out of High School, he was something to watch.

What was the kid "offered on the spot"?????? A major league scout can not offer a high school kid anything until he is drafted. He can ask what it would take to sign him but not offer anything.

millcreek
03-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Seaton was offered on the spot. Ended up signing with the Astros right out of High School, he was something to watch.

What was the kid "offered on the spot"?????? A major league scout can not offer a high school kid anything until he is drafted. He can ask what it would take to sign him but not offer anything.

semantics

they offer,,,he signs at the appropriate time.

millcreek
03-20-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5919385.html

hookandladder
03-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by millcreek
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5919385.html

He signed after he was drafted, their are some players that are not drafted and will sign when offered by a scout. He was drafted and then he signed.