PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Tournament--a knock-down-&-drag out good eye-opener.

Old Cardinal
03-14-2010, 03:40 PM
In this Tourney Bridge City and Orangefield, both rated in the top 10 chose to play the same opponents. They set it up that they did not play each other; because they will soon meet in 21-3A District play.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the most of the significant results:

Bridge City 10 4A Lumberton 2 (Final game) Hicks, BC's potential All Stater's only pitching assignment in the Tourney.

Bridge City 5 Cameron Yoe 2 Jr. Forrest Zoch Pitched for BC.
(sounds like BC deserves their top 10 3A rating maybe...LOL)

Cameron Yoe 7 Orangefield 3 .....Congrats Yoe! Remember Orangefield is a very highly rated 3A Poll team... OOPS for OF.

Lumberton 15 Orangefield 5 OUCH!

Lumberton 15 Cameron Yoe 3 OUCH!

BC big over Kelly

BC big over Liberty

OF big over Kelly

Lumberton 15 3A Liberty 13

OF big over Liberty

Kelly 18 Liberty 5

All in all it was a nice Tourney.....Big crowds on a number of games.

Yoe_09
03-14-2010, 04:58 PM
been a strange season so far, things should get straight during district. I think that Robinson has proven the most throughout the early season and deserves to be #1

Old Cardinal
03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
To Yoe 09: On the 7-7 tie with Beaumont Kelly, I was wondering who Yoe pitched?
Also, what game did Yoe Pitch their best Pitcher?~~~
~~~~~~~~
I heard that West may well beat Robinson out that way? any comments?
~~~~~~~~
You know, Looking back that was a pretty stiff Tourney...3 rated 3As; one really good 4A and someone said the #1 rated Private school in their classification.
It was a rough weekend for 3A Liberty however--I wish that Lufkin Hudson, Giddings, or Jasper could have filled that 6th spot.

Yoe_09
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
This would have been the longest trip for me this year so i decided to sit it out lol. If you tell me the numbers i can probably tell you who they were. And when it comes to the best pitcher there really isnt one. Pitching is our biggest question and we reallly dont have a true ace. I would think it would come down to Rinn, Morgan, and Townsend. Townsend hasnt pitched in forever and hes been getting a lot of work with our assistant coach Pete Magre which was a former minor league coach.

Yoe_09
03-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
To Yoe 09: On the 7-7 tie with Beaumont Kelly, I was wondering who Yoe pitched?
Also, what game did Yoe Pitch their best Pitcher?~~~
~~~~~~~~
I heard that West may well beat Robinson out that way? any comments?
~~~~~~~~
You know, Looking back that was a pretty stiff Tourney...3 rated 3As; one really good 4A and someone said the #1 rated Private school in their classification.
It was a rough weekend for 3A Liberty however--I wish that Lufkin Hudson, Giddings, or Jasper could have filled that 6th spot.

I thought Robinson beat West twice in the tourney. Robinson is very legit and probably deserves the #1 rankings without a doubt.

Old Cardinal
03-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank for the info....you kind of answered my question-- 3 good Pitchers but no superstar. That plays out real well sometimes in the bracket play! lol

Liberty had a decent team but was lacking in the Pitching department. Hopefully Yoe can come back next year: this Tourney could develop into the one that defines who has good potential for the year.

Maybe Robinson and/or West could come down and play here also next year...LOL