PDA

View Full Version : Former 3A High Jumper World's #3

Green Bling
03-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Dusty Jonas, Region IV LaVernia, Texas native, took the bronze medal with a jump of 7'7" this morning at the World Indoor Championships in Doha, Qatar. He is Rojosgirl's and my nephew. Dusty jumps for Nike and coaches jumpers at University of Nebraska.
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

STANG RED
03-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Very Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Green Bling
03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Video of Dusty's bronze medal jump.

http://www.universalsports.com/video/assetid=feaf1bf5-a734-491f-a41d-ab5c3aa5bb86.html

44INAROW
03-15-2010, 01:33 PM
WooHoo Dusty.. Keep a jumping :)

emacppbcat4life
03-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Dusty Jonas, Region IV LaVernia, Texas native, took the bronze medal with a jump of 7'7" this morning at the World Indoor Championships in Doha, Qatar. He is Rojosgirl's and my nephew. Dusty jumps for Nike and coaches jumpers at University of Nebraska.
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:
Did he attend Nebraska? I have a friend from high school Audrey Svane (you may remember her) of Pilot Point who won state in 3a girls High Jump in 2006 & 2007 and she attends Nebraska and is high jumping and participating in Track & Field there! Those corn huskers must have a good eye for Track & Field talent!

Green Bling
03-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by emacppbcat4life
Did he attend Nebraska? I have a friend from high school Audrey Svane (you may remember her) of Pilot Point who won state in 3a girls High Jump in 2006 & 2007 and she attends Nebraska and is high jumping and participating in Track & Field there! Those corn huskers must have a good eye for Track & Field talent!
Yes, he was an eight time All-American and won the 2008 indoor national title and outdoor Big 12 Conference title in the high jump while at Nebraska. He high jumped at the Olympics in Beijing. He graduated last year and now coaches the jumps at NU. So he is Audrey's coach along with Head TF Coach Gary Pepin. Audrey finished in sixth place at the NCAA Indoor meet in Fayetteville this last weekend. That gives her her first All-American honor. Here is a good article on her effort along with a nice pic.
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92&SPID=32&DB_OEM_ID=100&atclid=204907155

Third
03-16-2010, 09:58 AM
I got to see the kid in high school several times. There was a kid from Cotulla that was pretty good but ran up against Dusty pretty regularly as Cotulla was 3A at the time. Even got beat out at regionals in 04. Jonas won state that year and the Cotulla kid was third.

Amazing athlete, great to see him still going strong.