PDA

View Full Version : iPad

DDBooger
03-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Anyone thinking of getting one? I'm tempted, but it essentially looks like my iPhone but bigger. lol I like having hardcopies of my books so that really doesn't interest me. I love electronics like women love shoes, but I may have to pass on this.

baseballcoach13
03-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Agreed. I would love to have it. If i didnt have an iPhone I may. Or if I stumble into some extra change I will get one.

big daddy russ
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I was thinking of getting a Kindle until this came out. Then I was thinking of getting this, until I realized that I didn't want to pay $500 for it if it's going to be hard to type. Now I don't think I'm going to get either.

Crazy how that works out, isn't it?

DDBooger
03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I was thinking of getting a Kindle until this came out. Then I was thinking of getting this, until I realized that I didn't want to pay $500 for it if it's going to be hard to type. Now I don't think I'm going to get either.

Crazy how that works out, isn't it? It's WISE discretionary spending. Whereas if we were rash, we'd just get it and have buyers remorse later lol. I have a laptop that works just fine. I think Apple may strike out with this unless it renders all other electronic readers obsolete, which is possible.

Maroon87
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Kind of along the same lines...has anyone here upgraded from Vista to Windows 7? If so, is it much better?

DDBooger
03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Kind of along the same lines...has anyone here upgraded from Vista to Windows 7? If so, is it much better? I have and YES

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Crazy how that works out, isn't it?

We got my mother in law a Kindle for Christmas and SHE LOVES IT. Takes it everywhere with her

BullsFan
03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
We got my mother in law a Kindle for Christmas and SHE LOVES IT. Takes it everywhere with her

I fought the idea of a Kindle for a looong time, thinking that nothing could replace a real book that you hold in your hand. Boy was I wrong! When you live as far away from a bookstore as I do, the immediacy of the Kindle alone makes it well worth it.

TMer25
03-12-2010, 05:18 PM
I got a Kindle for Christmas and use it more than I ever imagined I would.