'84 Stang
03-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Heck NOOOOO!!!!! He needs to stay!
Gig'em!!!!

coach
03-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by RedStorm
you Texas fans are crazy...everything you are is thanks to him

well right now they are bad...o thanks to rick they are bad so yea id say its time for him to go

NastySlot
03-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by coach
well right now they are bad...o thanks to rick they are bad so yea id say its time for him to go

but how long have they been bad? not long... this is looking like a very disappointing season but his good seasons out weigh the bad.

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Shows he should stay..when he goes 24-8 and people are complaining. Means he has put the program at such a high standard that people expect the best

I never understood going into the seaon why people were so high on Texas..to mch youth and not enough pure shooters. Then injuries seem to happen every time they were finding themself.

no matter how this season finished, they have alot of talent coming back

Keith7
03-12-2010, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Shows he should stay..when he goes 24-8 and people are complaining. Means he has put the program at such a high standard that people expect the best

I never understood going into the seaon why people were so high on Texas..to mch youth and not enough pure shooters. Then injuries seem to happen every time they were finding themself.

no matter how this season finished, they have alot of talent coming back

4 of 5 starters last night were upper classmen.. that doesn't seem too youthful to me.. I think people need to face the facts, Texas sucks this year.. They can beat up on all the sissy non-conference schools they want but when they play even slightly above average schools they look like the chumps they are

NateDawg39
03-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
4 of 5 starters last night were upper classmen.. that doesn't seem too youthful to me.. I think people need to face the facts, Texas sucks this year.. They can beat up on all the sissy non-conference schools they want but when they play even slightly above average schools they look like the chumps they are UNT over Texas any day :devil:

injuredinmelee
03-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Despite their 17-0 start who did they really beat this season that was any good? I think the collapse this season was due to a lack of coaching. No Texas team has ever won a game because of Rick Barnes and no Texas team will ever win a game because Barnes outcoached anyone. I have said this for YEARS. I stand behind it now.

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2010, 09:27 AM
4 of 5 starters last night were upper classmen.. that doesn't seem too youthful to me.. I think people need to face the facts, Texas sucks this year.. They can beat up on all the sissy non-conference schools they want but when they play even slightly above average schools they look like the chumps they are

4 out of 5 might be upper classmen..but 2 of the starters are back next year..also all 4 guys first off the bench last night are back next year( most of them started at some point)

Red Bull
03-12-2010, 09:38 AM
He has made a career out of doing less with more. He gets all the top talent in Texas and just can't put it together. Maybe he needs to recruit lesser talented kids and coach them. It seems to work for other teams in the Big XII.

Maroon87
03-12-2010, 09:52 AM
:doh: :rolleyes: at pretty much this whole thread...

waterboy
03-12-2010, 09:55 AM
I say give Rick Barnes at least another year. I think the talent level of the Longhorns is not where it has been. They're still one of the most talented teams, but they don't have a go-to guy, that leader that they've had in the past. I think the Longhorns will have to recruit another very good point guard that is fast, can pass, can hit the 3-pointer, and drive to the basket.....something they've always had in the past. The Longhorn offense just hasn't clicked this year, and a big part of that is because they don't have a true point guard that can distribute the ball. That, and they need to spend a lot more time working on free throws and defense. :dispntd:

Bullaholic
03-12-2010, 10:02 AM
The answer is Jody Conradt.....Why not?

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I say give Rick Barnes at least another year. I think the talent level of the Longhorns is not where it has been. They're still one of the most talented teams, but they don't have a go-to guy, that leader that they've had in the past. I think the Longhorns will have to recruit another very good point guard that is fast, can pass, can hit the 3-pointer, and drive to the basket.....something they've always had in the past. The Longhorn offense just hasn't clicked this year, and a big part of that is because they don't have a true point guard that can distribute the ball. That, and they need to spend a lot more time working on free throws and defense. :dispntd:

on pure athletic talent this is Barnes's deepest most athletic team he has had..the one thing this team is missing IMO is pue shooters.

BwdLions
03-12-2010, 10:10 AM

Pure aggy ignorance.

LionKing
03-12-2010, 10:20 AM
The only problem Barnes has this season is that Kevin Durant and DJ Augustin didn't stick around long enough, that's what happens when you bring in NBA ready players, they just can't stay, you get a year, maybe two, to try to win big with those type players, then they're gone, he may be better off trying to take players not quite ready and letting them prove to the NBA scouts that they can play bigtime College B-ball and at the next level.

waterboy
03-12-2010, 10:23 AM
on pure athletic talent this is Barnes's deepest most athletic team he has had..the one thing this team is missing IMO is pue shooters.
I agree about the athleticism, but that doesn't always translate into basketball talent. These players this year can't hit water from a boat in the middle of the ocean!

Ex-Tiger2005
03-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
UNT over Texas any day :devil:

maybe in basketball! but nothing else...

DDBooger
03-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Could be worse, they could be North Carolina...my how the might have fallen.

waterboy
03-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Could be worse, they could be North Carolina...my how the might have fallen.
True. Once Dean Smith was gone, it didn't take the once mighty Tar Heels long to fall. I hope the Longhorns don't suffer a similar fate.

Keith7
03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Pure aggy ignorance.

If only I were an aggy :doh: :doh:

eagles_victory
03-12-2010, 01:08 PM
He has lost this team. 2 years in a row he has had a top ten team to start the year that didn't finish the year ranked. It is not even about wins and losses he has just lost this team. What has he done at Texas that has made him such a great coach?

eagles_victory
03-12-2010, 01:13 PM

no matter how this season finished, they have alot of talent coming back In non conference they beat 3 teams of note. Garner Webb, UC Irvine and Western Carolina wins aren't really impressive. You take away about 10 of those wins that just were fluff wins look what you get. If you don't think he completely lost his voice with this team you didn't see the last two Baylor games.

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
In non conference they beat 3 teams of note. Garner Webb, UC Irvine and Western Carolina wins aren't really impressive. You take away about 10 of those wins that just were fluff wins look what you get. If you don't think he completely lost his voice with this team you didn't see the last two Baylor games.

Oh I dont disagree that he lost the team this year..does not mean he cant regain the team after the season. That remains to be seen

coach
03-12-2010, 01:36 PM
True. Once Dean Smith was gone, it didn't take the once mighty Tar Heels long to fall. I hope the Longhorns don't suffer a similar fate.

dont compare a legend to a mediocre coach

waterboy
03-12-2010, 01:41 PM
dont compare a legend to a mediocre coach
I wasn't comparing the coaches. They don't need to be even mentioned in the same sentence. I was comparing how each team has fallen off, and hoping that the Longhorns don't fall that far...

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes UNC is down this year, but they did just win a title..so not really a program going down the drains yet or anything

ronwx5x
03-12-2010, 02:32 PM
If Rick Barnes leaves Texas, I hope Tech gets a shot at him. In the case of the current Tech coach, the apple fell far from the tree!

waterboy
03-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Yes UNC is down this year, but they did just win a title..so not really a program going down the drains yet or anything
True. UNC is just not the force every year like they were under Dean Smith. They are still pretty good, just not dominant.

coach
03-12-2010, 03:17 PM
True. UNC is just not the force every year like they were under Dean Smith. They are still pretty good, just not dominant.

they have won two natl championships in the last 6 years...

waterboy
03-12-2010, 04:57 PM
they have won two natl championships in the last 6 years...
This year they were 16-16 overall, 5-11 in the ACC (including one-and-done in the ACC tournament), and will miss the big tournament..... They will probably be invited to the NIT, though. That's a pretty bad dropoff from where they were a year ago.

coach
03-12-2010, 10:14 PM
This year they were 16-16 overall, 5-11 in the ACC (including one-and-done in the ACC tournament), and will miss the big tournament..... They will probably be invited to the NIT, though. That's a pretty bad dropoff from where they were a year ago.

that has nothing to do wih dean smith