PDA

View Full Version : Superintendent Who Reassigned Pecos Coach Resigns

Phantom Stang
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
This happened a little over a week ago, Tues March 3rd to be exact.

Lujan Resigns from Pecos Superintendent Post

By: Cierra Putman
NewsWest 9

PECOS - The rumors turned out to be true and on Tuesday night it became official, the new superintendent of the Pecos-Barstow-Toyah Independent School District is out.

He turned in his resignation, but it will cost the district so money to part ways. The school board will have to dole out some cash to Santos Lujan, but so far we don't know how much it will cost.

The board has not released the details of their agreement with him yet, but the resignation is effective on Wednesday.

Lujan told NewsWest 9 he resigned for two reasons. First of all, he didn't think he and the district were compatible. Second, he thinks it's best for his family.

On top of the rowdy protests around town, some of Lujan's property was damaged after he reassigned head football coach and athletic director Chris Henson.

Reaction to the decision was mixed.

"I'm very happy," Pecos High School student Matthew Thomas, said. "Very, very happy."

"I'm shocked," Pecos Citizen, Nathan Moon, said. "I have three questions myself; first what have we done, two, why have we done it? And three, what are we going to do now. What superintendent in his right mind would come now after they've seen what we did to this one?"

Until the district finds a replacement, the assistant superintendent will take over the post, and the school board said Lujan's reassignment of coach Henson will stand unless a new superintendent overturns it.

People on both sides of the issue say it's deeply divided the community, and will take time before the damage is repaired.

Bull Butter
03-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Not quite up to speed on this one, even though this guy used to be in Raymondville if I'm not mistaken. What was Coach Henson's record at Pecos? Was the reassignment justified?

SintonPirateFan
03-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Not quite up to speed on this one, even though this guy used to be in Raymondville if I'm not mistaken. What was Coach Henson's record at Pecos? Was the reassignment justified?

from previous threads it sounded like the sup't just wanted to bring in his coaching staff from his old school (to keep his "yes men" around him). coach henson was doing a good job turning the pecos program around. players and parents liked him. hopefully he'll be re-re-assigned back to AD and HC.

ronwx5x
03-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Maybe he will fortunate enough to be "reassigned" to the Hill Country! Pecos is not pretty.

SintonPirateFan
03-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Maybe he will fortunate enough to be "reassigned" to the Hill Country! Pecos is not pretty.

...maybe he likes canteloupes? :D

Phantom Stang
03-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
...maybe he likes canteloupes? :D
LOL