PDA

View Full Version : Texas Roadhouse

pancho villa
03-09-2010, 11:44 AM
We ate at the Texas roadhouse in College Station this weekend. It sucks, the food is very average. I would not recommend this place for ya'll. Except for any of you numbnuts that like standaround!

BaseballUmp
03-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Yea i took my girlfriend there last night, and I must say it wasnt the best. I got the chicken fried steak and it was like not even a quarter of an inch thick...its been going downhill

SintonPirateFan
03-09-2010, 12:21 PM
the one in wichita falls is great. can't beat their rolls, and the ribeye is the best in town.

Ex-Tiger2005
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
i always enjoy the one in lubbock although it is always cramped in there.

Twirling Time
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Logan's is much better.

SintonPirateFan
03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Logan's is much better.

yuck.

garciap77
03-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
the one in wichita falls is great. can't beat their rolls, and the ribeye is the best in town.

The one in Abilene is great too. The rolls are great! Standarounds are not allowed; Sorry Pancho!:D

garciap77
03-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Logan's is much better.

yuck too! The peanuts are nasty there! I think they use the letfovers from the RoadHouse!:D

;)

SWMustang
03-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
The one in Abilene is great too. The rolls are great! Standarounds are not allowed; Sorry Pancho!:D

Keep Abilene Weird

Yoe_09
03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
wow didnt realize the one is college station was that bad. The one in temple has pretty good service usually and has good food.

LE Dad
03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Close call between Roadhouse and Outback. Roadhouse is always packed and Outback you can reserve. :)

SintonPirateFan
03-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Close call between Roadhouse and Outback. Roadhouse is always packed and Outback you can reserve. :)

I have Roadhouse's number plugged into my phone. call when we leave the house to get our name on the list and never have to wait more than 5 minutes

outback has some dang good coconut shrimp.

garciap77
03-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Keep Abilene Weird

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/smiley_guy_sticking_out_tongue_lg_c.gif

PPSTATEBOUND
03-09-2010, 01:36 PM
been one time....overpriced.

Yoe_09
03-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
been one time....overpriced.

depending on what you get it might be but I think you get a good amount of food for the price. I would say a place like Friday's may be a little overrated from what ive had.

XMan
03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
If Pancho says that it stunk, that means its probably good.

eagles_victory
03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Logan's is much better.

Logan's is trash

Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Yea i took my girlfriend there last night, and I must say it wasnt the best. I got the chicken fried steak and it was like not even a quarter of an inch thick...its been going downhill Maybe its because you went to a steak place and ordered a chicken fried steak. IMO the steak houses I have been to usually have average chicken fried steaks.

jason
03-09-2010, 03:45 PM
best.steak.ever.

Vic & Anthonys Steakhouse (http://vicandanthonys.com/flash_content/index.html)

and anyone who says 'my home recipe' is better or blah blah blah is a fool and/or never had a steak from a good steakhouse.....

logans & texas roadhouse and other places like that suck when it comes to steak....

big daddy russ
03-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Saltgrass.

They're a bit more expensive than either Roadhouse or Outback, but are worth every penny. I actually prefer their T-Bone to the the one that at Taste of Texas (for all you Houston folks) that runs twice as much. The cut probably isn't up to par with the ones elsewhere, but the seasonings and prep more than make up for it.

Also prefer their filets over Fogo de Chao, though Fogo de Chao is just a cool place to eat.

All you can eat steak? I'm all about that.

I really want to try Ruth's Chris, though. Anyone have anything to say about them?

big daddy russ
03-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by jason
best.steak.ever.

Vic & Anthonys Steakhouse (http://vicandanthonys.com/flash_content/index.html)
I'll vouch for Vic and Anthony's.

SWMustang
03-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'll vouch for Vic and Anthony's.

that's like comparing chevettes to corvettes. I've had Vic and Anthony's and Roadhouse/Logans/Saltgrass. YOu probably aren't getting out for under 200 bucks at Vic and Anthony's.

Saltrgrass is WAY better than roadhouse or Logans.

Astrosdawg07
03-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Texas Roadhouse here in Tyler is legit!

Trashman
03-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
We ate at the Texas roadhouse in College Station this weekend. It sucks, the food is very average. I would not recommend this place for ya'll. Except for any of you numbnuts that like standaround!

Poncho, I think it is owned by former standaround guys and your right; it sucks.:D

garciap77
03-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by XMan

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Green Bling
03-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I ate there a couple of months ago and was VERY disappointed! The one in Victoria is much better and the one at the Forum in San Antonio is good as well.

buckeyebob
03-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Saltgrass.

They're a bit more expensive than either Roadhouse or Outback, but are worth every penny. I actually prefer their T-Bone to the the one that at Taste of Texas (for all you Houston folks) that runs twice as much. The cut probably isn't up to par with the ones elsewhere, but the seasonings and prep more than make up for it.

Also prefer their filets over Fogo de Chao, though Fogo de Chao is just a cool place to eat.

I really want to try Ruth's Chris, though. Anyone have anything to say about them?

Ruth's is one of the very best...include Folks Folly in Memphis, Nighthawk in Kansas City, Stock Yard in Ft Worth...just an opinion

buckeyebob
03-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Outback in Longview SUCKS...Texas Roadhouse is better by a little. Johnny Cace does a good job but my fave in the area is the _______ (I can't even remember their name) in downtown Avinger....can't miss it...the only thing there.
Just remember, you must grasp logistical efficiency. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also is a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chops can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

SWMustang
03-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Saltgrass.

I don't dislike Ruth's, but IMO Vic and Anthony's is better. I actually Like Perry's better than I like Ruth's. Fogo de Chao is the SHIZZLE!!!! I've been to other Brazillian steakhouses where all the meat kinda tastes the same, but it's not like that at Fogo. Also, that Salad bar is the best evah!

Trashman
03-09-2010, 07:52 PM
The best steak in Texas, can be found at the Lowake Steak House.:D

eagles_victory
03-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
that's like comparing chevettes to corvettes. I've had Vic and Anthony's and Roadhouse/Logans/Saltgrass. YOu probably aren't getting out for under 200 bucks at Vic and Anthony's.

Saltrgrass is WAY better than roadhouse or Logans. For 200 dollars the waitress better do more than serve drinks.

piratebg
03-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Texas Roadhouse is a joke.

STANG RED
03-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

You are correct my friend. I always get the ribeye, and they have always been great. Joe Allens used to be the best in Abilene, but thats been many moons ago now. I hear Harlows has good steaks, but I've never tried them.

skins4life
03-10-2010, 12:46 AM
The best steak I've ever eaten in Abilene was at Lytle Land & Cattle. I tried Joe Allen's once. I think it was around the time of the seperation/diviroce and the service was mediocore and the steak was cold.

ccmom
03-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
You are correct my friend. I always get the ribeye, and they have always been great. Joe Allens used to be the best in Abilene, but thats been many moons ago now. I hear Harlows has good steaks, but I've never tried them. . Harlow's is closed, but I never had a steak there. The best steaks around here, in my opinion.....Perini Ranch.

BEAST
03-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
. Harlow's is closed, but I never had a steak there. The best steaks around here, in my opinion.....Perini Ranch.

Have u tried the Beehive? The filets are out of this world.

BEAST

pancho villa
03-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by XMan

You must not know I am a professional eater.

Zinters(sp) daughter in San Angelo Tx is awsome!

ccmom
03-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Have u tried the Beehive? The filets are out of this world.

BEAST . Oh, yes. The Beehive has been a fav for many years. Its nice that we have one here now, but it was worth the drive to Albany anyway.

Blackcat1954
03-10-2010, 12:00 PM
The one near near Rosenberg-Richmond has gone down too- Their steaks are that good anymore

We eat at Saltgrass Steakhouse just down the road on 99 and their steaks are great

Im sure there are some other steak places around Sugar Land-Stafford area.

We like to stay on this side of Houston and avoid all the traffic.

There used to be a Ruth Chris near by that are but it closed down.They were pricey but very good

There is a place of I 10 and Beltway called Lonestar something or other

garciap77
03-10-2010, 12:56 PM
You must not know I am a professional eater.

Zinters(sp) daughter in San Angelo Tx is awsome!

:iagree:

garciap77
03-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
You are correct my friend. I always get the ribeye, and they have always been great. Joe Allens used to be the best in Abilene, but thats been many moons ago now. I hear Harlows has good steaks, but I've never tried them.

Joe Allen's ribeye is not as good as it use to be. It has been down for sometime now! I like to grill my own ribeyes over mesquite. If you want them done right, you have to cook them yourself!