PDA

View Full Version : kennedale

the bottom line
02-07-2004, 12:56 PM
will kennedale have any athletes next year with harper and morris gone . who will take over there?

mjbf
02-07-2004, 06:43 PM
With the losses of Harper, Bostice, Barrett, Morris, Virnoche, etc. Kennedale will have to re-group in a hurry. But, they have some players that are willing to do what is necesssary to win. They will be OK!

the bottom line
02-07-2004, 08:23 PM
but who?

Matthew328
02-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Kennedale will be pretty good again...they are building a good program there that will be strong year in and year out..

VWG
02-08-2004, 10:22 AM
In 3A Kennedale should always compete. Why? Numbers. When ever you're a team that is a big fish in a small pond your chances of fielding a better team is very good. More kids to plug more holes lost during graduation.
Want to see who Kennedale has coming up? Take a look at your JV or juniors who were playing special teams or getting to see action. That should be a good measuring stick.

vet93
02-08-2004, 12:33 PM
When "the bottom line" originally made this post he listed that he was from Kennedale. Now he has E-block (what ever that means). You would think that someone from Kennedale would know what they have coming back. Maybe it is someone fishing for a compliment? And why would he change from Kennedale to eblock in the first place?

CatsDen
02-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Weldon Brooks should be a strong force next year. He played mostly fullback in front of Rex, but he's got some wheels of his own. David Collins should also make some highlights. He was a favorite for the fade pattern because of his height. Jimmy Letzkus and Chris Wooten return to anchor the line along with Donahue and Brunson. Marcos Ramirez will be back again to grab more interceptions. Hemphill and Butler will also be returning.

Coach Barrett and his staff have done a great job of rebuilding and filling in the gaps each year. People used to ask how the Wildcats would replace Gary Petty and Landon Johnson, but their departure allowed players like Brooks and Bostice to step up. When Rocky Smith stepped down at QB, Bryan jumped right in.

There is a lot of potential at the younger (junior high) level as well. Kids like Lorenzo Fouts (he threw for over 200 yards and 2 TDs in a pee wee football game last year!), Evan Booher (this kid is a killer-very aggressive and powerful on both sides of the ball), Keenan Bennett (good speed, but incredibly elusive-has a knack for finding the ball on defense), Logan Barrett (another solid QB prospect following in Bryan's footsteps), Tony Sabondo (already nicknamed "Flash" for his blinding speed).

Kennedale will be a force in football for some time.

Problem Solver
02-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Come on man PEE WEE FOOTBALL? Im glad you are on our side but Pee WEE Stats come on man. At least talk more about that we have 4 returning linemen that started, a runningback who rushed for 1300 yards, and a reciever who had over 300 yards recieving and maybe 10 or 12 touchdowns. The loss of Kennedales version of the "big three" will be hard to replace but Kennedale will have others that step in and do just fine, one last thing remember that Kennedale only lost 2-3 starters on a defense that grew up as the year continued. That defense will be pretty good next year.

CatsDen
02-09-2004, 12:27 PM
If you're not impressed with a kid that throws for 200+ yards and 2 TDs at the age of 12....You're Crazy! Do you know a lot of 12 year old kids that can throw the ball on a dime at 45 yards? I did start my post with Weldon AND David AND also mentioned the returning players AND how well Kennedale has in the past replaced departing seniors AND the junior high talent coming up soon. Someone asked about the future of Kennedale football and I gave you the immediate future (next season) and the next few year's potential.

Problem Solver
02-09-2004, 01:20 PM
I am crazy Im INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE a kid that throws for 200 yds in pee wee is a good feat but until he gets to high school that's great for his pee wee coaches. Their are plenty of kids year in and year out who do well in pee wee and other leagues that never make it to the high school they originally were to atttend. So clap, clap to your quarterback I hope he continues to improve, maybe we will be seeing him out their one day, but as for now lets watch the kids that are here!! I also know that the fastest kids when at that age.

Old Cardinal
02-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Dear Problem, I am impressed with a child at 12 doing an exemplary job of throwing a football. I think a lot of us on this board are basing our predictions several years ahead on little facts like that.... I know an 9th grader with an incredable field goal distant ability-yes he will win some ballgames for his HS very soon..

Problem Solver
02-09-2004, 06:17 PM
The key word to what you said proves my point, the kid you are talking about is already in your school, so that's a little better than a kid who is in elementary!!