PDA

View Full Version : What the ......?

playnhurt
03-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Have you seen the mess with the mascot at Ole Miss? Some one has suggested Admiral Akbar from Star Wars fame (the leader of the Rebel Alliance). What a joke!

If they do change it, I predict there will be fewer in attendance than a University of Memphis game. There was one game this year that Memphis had fewer than 2,000 at a D-1 football game.

Old Tiger
03-04-2010, 03:53 PM
http://one4theotherthumb.com/images/stories/omg.jpg

carter08
03-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by playnhurt
Have you seen the mess with the mascot at Ole Miss? Some one has suggested Admiral Akbar from Star Wars fame (the leader of the Rebel Alliance). What a joke!

If they do change it, I predict there will be fewer in attendance than a University of Memphis game. There was one game this year that Memphis had fewer than 2,000 at a D-1 football game.

I don't understand this.

Ole Miss hasn't had a mascot since '03 when they got rid of the Colonel. How would actually getting a new mascot instead of not even having one hurt attendance? If anything, the biggest drop in attendance and student support would have come in 2003. Maybe that actually happened, I don't really know, but replacing nothing with something can't hurt.

playnhurt
03-05-2010, 09:34 AM
My dad played there in the early 50's. I've had a neice graduate from there and another attending right now.

Tradition runs deep in Rebel Country! Just like UT, A&M and any other college, the alumnis donate millions of dollars to athletic programs. They have about had it. First they got rid of the Confederate flag, then they banned Colonel Reb from any games, this season the band had to stop playing "From Dixie with Love." Now there is talk of a new nickname. I have suggested "The Ole Miss Fighting Liberals." The old money alumni are fed up with the situation. Alot of season ticket holders are considering boycotting the games.

Txbroadcaster
03-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by playnhurt
My dad played there in the early 50's. I've had a neice graduate from there and another attending right now.

Tradition runs deep in Rebel Country! Just like UT, A&M and any other college, the alumnis donate millions of dollars to athletic programs. They have about had it. First they got rid of the Confederate flag, then they banned Colonel Reb from any games, this season the band had to stop playing "From Dixie with Love." Now there is talk of a new nickname. I have suggested "The Ole Miss Fighting Liberals." The old money alumni are fed up with the situation. Alot of season ticket holders are considering boycotting the games.

yea dont want anyone moving into this century or anything

NateDawg39
03-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yea dont want anyone moving into this century or anything Moving into the century isn't always a good thing

Phantom Stang
03-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I was here case this thread gets closed.

SintonPirateFan
03-08-2010, 10:01 AM

i guess you think the Washington Redskins need to change their mascot too...

garciap77
03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I was here case this thread gets closed.

:D