PDA

View Full Version : Bellville's OC to Longview Pine Tree

StangEm
03-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Any validity to this rumor? I haven't seen a posting for the position yet but coffee shop talks are implicating it's true.

rancher
03-04-2010, 06:58 PM
I hope that rumor is true. He saw the writing on the wall.

OLE'BULL
03-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Just spoke to a very reliable source and said Collier is leaving. They werent sure where he was going but did say the head coach was showing a new coach around. Not sure if anything is final, but if I hear something, of course the Downlow will be the first to know

zebrablue2
03-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Just spoke to a very reliable source and said Collier is leaving. They werent sure where he was going but did say the head coach was showing a new coach around. Not sure if anything is final, but if I hear something, of course the Downlow will be the first to know

if this is true, very sad for bellville football. collier is a class act, and darn good football coach. i will wish he and his family all the best..

StangEm
03-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm taking it people in Bellville either really like him a lot or dislike him a lot. Doesn't seem to be much in between. I don't know the man personally but from what "they" say, he's been a vital part of building that program over the years. Pine Tree struggled last year under Chancellor. Wonder if he's hoping to have the same success with Collier there.

Red Bull
03-05-2010, 08:31 AM
I heard this as well. I wish Coach Collier and his family all the best in Longview.

With that being said, who is the new coach that Foster brought in to replace him as OC and who will the new head basketball coach be? Coach T? Bellville has had very good success the last few years in basketball and I for one would like to see that continued.

Johnny Utah
03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
If he leaves I am sure the assistant gets the basketball job.

zebrablue2
03-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I hope that rumor is true. He saw the writing on the wall.

rancher, you got your wish! in the bellville times today, collier to pine tree. will be the DC and off. line coach. great person, and I wish him the best..

BrahmaMom
03-11-2010, 09:52 AM
I wish only the best for Coach Collier and his family. He did a great deal for the Bellville athletic programs and, just like those who didn't like Huey, last season made them wonder if maybe they were wrong. I think we have found that Bellville does indeed get talented coaches and Coach Collier has been loyal to Bellville for many years. He has also been an excellent educator, which I appreciate. The basketball program will miss his leadership tremendously. I hope he and Coach Chancellor have an opportunity to bring the magic to Longview Pine Tree that we enjoyed here under them! It doesn't happen often or easily.

Now, let's hope Coach Foster will be able to find a great replacement to lead the offense! And a terrific basketball coach, too. GO BRAHMAS!

Red Bull
03-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Yes Rancher should be happy. It is sad that high school coaches come under such criticism and redicule on sites like this one. I wonder how those on this board would like it if their job performance was commented on day in and day out. I don't want to get on a soap box or anything, but coaches are human too and they read some of the garbage that is said about them by a lot of un-informed "experts". Their players read it as well. In the end it does no one any good.

Good luck to Kirk and his family at Pine Tree.

Reds fan
03-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Yes Rancher should be happy. It is sad that high school coaches come under such criticism and redicule on sites like this one. I wonder how those on this board would like it if their job performance was commented on day in and day out. I don't want to get on a soap box or anything, but coaches are human too and they read some of the garbage that is said about them by a lot of un-informed "experts". Their players read it as well. In the end it does no one any good.

Good luck to Kirk and his family at Pine Tree.

:ditto: :iagree: :thumbsup:

BrahmaMom
03-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Yep, Red Bull. That is why I have tried over the years to contain any negative thoughts to myself. Coaching young men and women can be frustrating in society today, even in Bellville. Hats off to those who choose to attempt to form championship teams as well as individuals.