PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone having trouble getting on??

Ranger Mom
03-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I keep getting a "server cannot be found" error...but if I keep clicking, it will finally come up.

This is the only site it keeps happening on.

Just wondering!!!

pirate4state
03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Lorey is. Obviously, I'm not! :D

MUSTANG69
03-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I keep getting a "server cannot be found" error...but if I keep clicking, it will finally come up.

Just wondering!!!

I have not been able to get on for the last hour. I changed my internet page from Fox News to MSN and I can get on now. I know nothing about computers but it worked. ?????????????:thinking:

WOS87
03-04-2010, 12:40 PM
No problem at all here

ccmom
03-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I haven't been able to get on from my pc the last two days, but I'm not having any problems when I use my phone.

LE Dad
03-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I am not having problems logging on, but a few times when I post, it will "time out" on me. :(

95mustang
03-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I am not having problems logging on, but a few times when I post, it will "time out" on me. :(

That just because it is having a hard time keeping up with the number of posts your put on here. :D

Ranger Mom
03-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I have had others message me via facebook saying they are also experiencing problems getting on through IE and/or firefox, but having no problems at all through their phone!!

At least it just isn't me!!:p

Looking4number8
03-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
That just because it is having a hard time keeping up with the number of posts your put on here. :D

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/th_116451.gif (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/?action=view&current=116451.gif)

garciap77
03-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/th_116451.gif (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/?action=view&current=116451.gif)

Phantom Stang
03-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Just wondering!!!
I was fixin' to start a thread about the same thing! My bookmark goes straight to the message board, so when I got the error message a few minutes ago, I typed in "3adownlow.com", which brought up the Home Page, and all of the links there worked EXCEPT the Message Board icon.:doh:

Phantom Stang
03-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
No problem at all here
Are you logging on from a computer?
If su, what browser are you using?:thinking:

LE Dad
03-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/th_116451.gif (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/?action=view&current=116451.gif) :thinking:Not true....haters.

:spitlol:

:D

Yoe_09
03-04-2010, 03:15 PM
If had some of the same problems as well. You can click and sometimes it wont load it and then it will so idk. Ive used 3 different computers with 3 different ISP's and have had some problems with all so it has to be something.

Bullaholic
03-04-2010, 03:19 PM
It is usually a DNS resolution problem. Sometimes changing to another DNS server, such as a public DNS, will solve the problem. I don't recommend doing this if you are on a network unless you consult your Network Administrator, however.

coach
03-04-2010, 03:53 PM
im having trouble getting off

Old Tiger
03-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by coach
im having trouble getting off FTW!

Yoe_09
03-04-2010, 04:05 PM

when I read the title i knew someone was eventually gonna say that lol

Ranger Mom
03-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Luckily....since I am a mod, I was able to go back and edit the title.....it first read:

"Is anyone having trouble getting IT on??"

lostaussie
03-04-2010, 04:22 PM
im having trouble getting off I knew that was coming:D

BaseballUmp
03-04-2010, 04:24 PM
I've been having problems for about 2 weeks now. I've tried IE, firefox, and google chrome and none of themm work very often. Works on my phone tho and coach, I'm sorry you can't get off lol

carter08
03-04-2010, 05:00 PM

http://enticeme.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/tvad-enzyte-smilingbob.jpg

Ranger Mom
03-04-2010, 05:02 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Maybe I will just delete this thread!!

cr180t
03-04-2010, 05:11 PM

Just wondering!!!

Yes several times

MUSTANG69
03-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I thought I had my problem solved but now I can't get on again.?????

zebrablue2
03-04-2010, 09:32 PM

Just wondering!!!

Yes and Yes!!

Old Green
03-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Just wondering!!! First time I have been able to get on in two days.

sinton66
03-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Dunno, I've been on and off several times this week and haven't had any problems. Of course, I'm in the Houston area with the server and so is WOS87.

Mean Green Fan
03-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Ive had trouble also for a few days

SintonFan_inAustin
03-05-2010, 08:41 AM
yep, sometimes it loads with no problem but this morning have to keep clicking try again several times. PDA have no problems logging on

garciap77
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
:thinking:Not true....haters.

:spitlol:

garciap77
03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
FTW!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
03-05-2010, 12:49 PM
I can only get on with aol.com. IE8 or firefox will not let me on. :(

STANG RED
03-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Whew!!! Sure glad the problem finally got fixed. This is the first time I've been able to get on here in the past 3 days. :eek: I was beginning to get withdrawels. I guess this confirmes Im an addict.:doh:

MUSTANG69
03-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Whew!!! Sure glad the problem finally got fixed. This is the first time I've been able to get on here in the past 3 days. :eek: I was beginning to get withdrawels. I guess this confirmes Im an addict.:doh:

What is the fix. I still can't get on from my PC but I can get on from other PCs:thinking:

STANG RED
03-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
What is the fix. I still can't get on from my PC but I can get on from other PCs:thinking:

Danged if I know. I just tryed it a bit ago and it finally worked.:confused:
I didnt do anything special myself.
I even cleared all my cookies, temp internet files, and history last night, then scanned my computer with spybot. Still couldnt get on.

sinton66
03-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Danged if I know. I just tryed it a bit ago and it finally worked.:confused:
I didnt do anything special myself.
I even cleared all my cookies, temp internet files, and history last night, then scanned my computer with spybot. Still couldnt get on.

Those three things would be a good start for anybody that's having trouble.

I'm fairly convinced that it's not a problem with our software or server. I have had no problems at all. I am in the area WITH the server, so the problem is most likely with some hub somewhere or as Bulloholic suggested, possibly the DNS yall are using. This seems to be more of a routing problem. I will alert the webmaster however.

Trashman
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I have had no problems getting on here in Brownwood or at the Whataburger in Early.:D :rolleyes:

garciap77
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I have had no problems getting on here in Brownwood or at the Whataburger in Early.:D :rolleyes:

WOS87
03-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Dunno, I've been on and off several times this week and haven't had any problems. Of course, I'm in the Houston area with the server and so is WOS87.

Glad to know I'm near the server. Haven't had a problem even once logging on from about half a dozen different computers at both home and work (both Macs and PCs) and using Safari, Firefox and IE. Got here from the phone too!

:)

Ranger Mom
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
I haven't had any problems at home, but couldn't get on at work at all today.

This was the only site I had problems with though.

Was able to log onto the 4A site with no problem.

sinton66
03-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Talked with SintonFan earlier. He says he thinks it's some kind of virus that corrupts your favorites. He hasn't been able to get in since Tuesday. Said his browser kept going to something called zeerboo(supposed to be some kind of search engine affiliated with google?)

Might be a good idea to run your virus scans too.

sinton66
03-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I have sent an email and left a voice message for our webmaster. Hopefully he'll be able to help.

garciap77
03-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I can get in with aol.com. My 3 computers at home cannot get in and 5 computers at my work cannot get in using IE 8 or Firefox. The only way for me is aol. :(

My computers at work use AT&T and my computers at home use SuddenLink. Must be west texas.

WOS87
03-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Anyone with a Mac? I haven't even seen a blip... this is strange

LE Dad
03-06-2010, 12:57 AM
It's not a virus for me. I tried logging on desktops in 2 different towns plus my PDA and... Absolutely nothing, one of them has never been used to access the site. This is first time I can connect and I am using a wi fi signal on my PDA. Regular browser would not work.:(

WOS87
03-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Apparently the situation has gotten worse... I'm chatting with RangerMom on Facebook but it seems only a small area of Southeast and East Texas has access currently.

Maroon87
03-06-2010, 02:01 AM
I have access in the Woodlands.

WOS87
03-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Houston area appears to be completely fine. Unfortunately there are only a handful of us that have access.

sinton66
03-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Strange deal for sure.

LE Dad
03-06-2010, 07:51 AM
It is something between ISP and website. If I use AT&T nada, but if I use hotel WiFi I get right on.:nerd:

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Apparently the situation has gotten worse... I'm chatting with RangerMom on Facebook but it seems only a small area of Southeast and East Texas has access currently.

OMG!!! The gremlins must have taken over my computer, because I was sound asleep when you made this post....and I haven't chatted with anyone via facebook in a week or two (except for RaiderRed2000 who was asking about my granddaughter last week!!):eek: :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I can get in with aol.com. My 3 computers at home cannot get in and 5 computers at my work cannot get in using IE 8 or Firefox. The only way for me is aol. :(

My computers at work use AT&T and my computers at home use SuddenLink. Must be west texas.

That is strange that you say that. We have AT&T at work! I have my internet through Ridgewood Cable at home and haven't had any problems getting on from my home computer.

Now that I have read facebook, I see what WOS87 was talking about. He wasn't chatting with ME perse, but leaving comments on a thread that I started over there about this issue.

Thank goodness....I thought I had been "sleep typing!!"

I am trying my phone now to see if I can get on......and it's a no go.

The error message I am getting on my phone is: HTTP Error 502: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

A 502 error is a "bad gateway"

HTTP error 5020: The server was acting as a gateway or proxy and received an invalid response from the upstream server.

(Whatever that means!!:confused: :nerd: )

sinton66
03-06-2010, 10:00 AM
I think anyone who can't get on should probably contact their ISP and file a complaint. It's actually their responsibility to investigate these things. I'm certain it isn't a problem with our site or server.

Green Bling
03-06-2010, 10:06 AM
I hope posting on this thread doesn't jinx my computer. I haven't had any problems getting on DL, but I know that 44INAROW and Rojosgirl have both been having problems this week. We are out in the country and have a satellite link to Internet America. I'm using Google Chrome. Don't know if that has any bearing on the issue or not.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Green Bling
I hope posting on this thread doesn't jinx my computer. I haven't had any problems getting on DL, but I know that 44INAROW and Rojosgirl have both been having problems this week. We are out in the country and have a satellite link to Internet America. I'm using Google Chrome. Don't know if that has any bearing on the issue or not.

It seems like AT&T is one of the problems. I believe that is what 44INAROW has too!!

Mine at home is also a satellite.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I think anyone who can't get on should probably contact their ISP and file a complaint. It's actually their responsibility to investigate these things. I'm certain it isn't a problem with our site or server.

I read that it can be a problem on either side...or both.

There is nothing I can do until I get back to work Monday as far as that goes.

On my phone however, I wouldn't have a clue who to call....Sprint??

sinton66
03-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes.

No!! No!! NOOO!!!!!

Since I can get on here from home I think I will tackle that phone problem later.

I can't stomach the thought of talking to someone in India on this beautiful Saturday morning!!!!

sinton66
03-06-2010, 10:23 AM
I read that it can be a problem on either side...or both.

There is nothing I can do until I get back to work Monday as far as that goes.

On my phone however, I wouldn't have a clue who to call....Sprint??

Hmmm, when I tried from my Sprint Blackberry, I first tried to access from clicking on the link in "History" and got an error. Then I went back and actually typed the whole thing into the browser and it went through. Weird deal.

When it didn't work, I clicked on details and it said it couldn't find the server and the site was listed as "www.3adownlow.com:80". There is no "80" in the address.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Hmmm, when I tried from my Sprint Blackberry, I first tried to access from clicking on the link in "History" and got an error. Then I went back and actually typed the whole thing into the browser and it went through. Weird deal.

I had read a couple of days ago that people couldn't get on through their link that went straight to the forum, but could get on by accessing the home page and going from there.

Then it seemed when they clicked the message forum link, that was where they had problems.

I can't get on no matter if I use my bookmarked link or if I type it in.

It seems everyone using satellite isn't having any problems.

I just don't know where to begin as far as calling someone. I am out of my league on this issue.

sinton66
03-06-2010, 10:44 AM
The only thing we can do is collect info from those that are having trouble so our webmaster can look into it. We would need the following:

1.) Type of computer
2.) Operating system and Browser
3.) exact error message text
4.) what works and what doesn't
5.) User's Internet Service Provider

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2010, 11:22 AM

Really? How is it their responsibility to see if a site is working properly or not? This problem seems to be effecting more than one service provider..That IMO says something is wrong with the site or server.

sinton66
03-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Because local users have no problem at all. People on the Houston ring get right in. That suggests a DNS routing problem to me.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Because local users have no problem at all. People on the Houston ring get right in. That suggests a DNS routing problem to me.

I may be way off base here, but he may have taken your statement like I did when I first read it.

I thought by saying, "it is their responsibility to research" you were saying it was "our" responsibility, not the ISP provider.

After I re-read it, then I thought I understood what you meant.....or maybe I am still wrong!! haha

sinton66
03-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Your ISP has the responsibility of providing you access to the entire internet. It's their responsibility to investigate if you can't get to active sites. That is what I meant.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Your ISP has the responsibility of providing you access to the entire internet. It's their responsibility to investigate if you can't get to active sites. That is what I meant.

I finally understood that the second time I read it!!:p

You know me...it sometimes takes a couple of minutes to sink in!! HA!!

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 12:33 PM
This was informative. One thing I found interesting is that if only happens on one particular site, ie: 3adownlow, it is more than likely a problem with that site. I don't know if this helps in any way form or fashion:

HTTP Error 502 Bad gateway

Introduction

A server (not necessarily a Web server) is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) to access the requested URL. This server received an invalid response from an upstream server it accessed to fulfil the request.

This usually does not mean that the upstream server is down (no response to the gateway/proxy), but rather that the upstream server and the gateway/proxy do not agree on the protocol for exchanging data. Given that Internet protocols are quite clear, it often means that one or both machines have been incorrectly or incompletely programmed.

502 errors in the HTTP cycle

Any client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) goes through the following cycle when it communicates with the Web server:

* Obtain an IP address from the IP name of the site (the site URL without the leading 'http://'). This lookup (conversion of IP name to IP address) is provided by domain name servers (DNSs).
* Open an IP socket connection to that IP address.
* Write an HTTP data stream through that socket.
* Receive an HTTP data stream back from the Web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Parse this data stream for status codes and other useful information.

This error occurs in the final step above when the client receives an HTTP status code that it recognises as '502'.

Fixing 502 errors - general

This problem is due to poor IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including the Web server at the site you are trying to visit. Before analysing this problem, you should clear your browser cache completely.

If you are surfing the Web and see this problem for all Web sites you try to visit, then either 1) your ISP has a major equipment failure/overload or 2) there is something wrong with your internal Internet connection e.g. your firewall is not functioning correctly. In the first case, only your ISP can help you. In the second case, you need to fix whatever it is that is preventing you reaching the Internet.

If you get this problem for only some of the Web sites you try to visit then it is likely to be a problem at those sites i.e. one of their pieces of equipment is failing/overloaded. Contact the people at those sites.

Fixing 502 errors - CheckUpDown

Use of proxies and caching is increasing on the Web. Our CheckUpDown robot will always try to 'drill through' to the real computer that actually hosts the Web site, but we do not have complete control over where our HTTP request actually ends up. If only one link in the chain of computers dealing with our HTTP request is broken, then an error such as 502 can easily occur.

Please contact us (email preferred) whenever you encounter 502 errors - there is nothing you can do to sort them out. We then have to liaise with your ISP and the vendor of the Web server software so that they can review the flow of IP data traffic between various computers under their control.

sinton66
03-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Please contact us (email preferred) whenever you encounter 502 errors - there is nothing you can do to sort them out. We then have to liaise with your ISP and the vendor of the Web server software so that they can review the flow of IP data traffic between various computers under their control.

This is what I'm saying. It is a routing problem, not a problem with the site or our server. To get to the site through the internet, different users will take different paths to get here. Users in Corpus Christi and San Antonio will route through the Austin area ring for example, some West Texas areas may also. North Texas users will route through Dallas most likely.

I don't have access problems to any site from here, so I'm fairly certain the problem is not with the Houston ring (which our server is tied into).

It seems very likely the problem may be in one particular DNS server somewhere. If one knows the exact IP address of this site, one could type the addy into the browser and see if that works. If it does, then it IS definitely a DNS problem because that is what performs the conversion of www site names to IP addys.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2010, 01:51 PM
I am in Dallas and am getting on with no problem at all

If it is a DNS problem then those people not able to get on here will have problems getting on other sites as well..if they arew not able to get on to JUST THIS SITE, then it is something to with this site

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I am in Dallas and am getting on with no problem at all

If it is a DNS problem then those people not able to get on here will have problems getting on other sites as well..if they arew not able to get on to JUST THIS SITE, then it is something to with this site

Are you posting from Forney??

Emerson1 sent me a facebook message and he can't get on either.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Out of curiosity......does the 4A site use the same server as this one??

I was able to get to the 4A site with no problem yesterday at work.

sinton66
03-06-2010, 02:11 PM
If ANYONE can get in with no problem such as you and the people in Houston, I don't see how it could a problem with our site, software, or server. If it works for anybody, it should work for everybody unless the problem is elsewhere. I'm not a server expert by any means, but this seems logical to me.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2010, 02:20 PM
If ANYONE can get in with no problem such as you and the people in Houston, I don't see how it could a problem with our site, software, or server. If it works for anybody, it should work for everybody unless the problem is elsewhere. I'm not a server expert by any means, but this seems logical to me.

That was why I asked the question about the server for the 4A site.

If we use the same server for BOTH boards, it would seem people would be having issues there.

I started a thread over there and people are voicing concern that the admins have "shut the site down" because of certain people.

I did my best to let them know that wasn't the case, and let them know we have tried to contact the admin, and until we hear from him, we really don't know what direction to take.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2010, 02:58 PM

I agree 100% if those people cannot get onto other sites as well..that is the question IMO

I am in Garland RM

sinton66
03-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I agree 100% if those people cannot get onto other sites as well..that is the question IMO

I am in Garland RM

Not necessarily, it could be something to do with the info the DNS servers use to find the site. If that one file were corrupted or had erroneous info for instance, this might be the only site it couldn't find. (For instance, if the DNS server were looking for .net instead of .com)

Webmaster is the only one that will be able to solve this from our end.

waterboy
03-06-2010, 04:17 PM
DANG!! It's good to know I'm not the ONLY one having trouble! I can get on at home just fine, but I haven't been able to get on at work for several days now. I'm having withdrawals.....:confused:

If so many of us are having trouble getting on, wouldn't that mean it is a problem NOT on a local server?:confused: What can we do to fix this problem? I want some answers from some of the professionals on here, please!:nerd:

BTW, this is the ONLY site I've had trouble getting on. I can get on the 4A site without a problem.

waterboy
03-06-2010, 04:20 PM

I am in Garland RM
My work computer is in Kilgore, and I can't get on there. I'm not having any problems getting on any other site,........although, I have missed some e-mail from one client that I'm supposed to be receiving.... :confused: What can we do to fix the problem?:nerd:

sinton66
03-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
DANG!! It's good to know I'm not the ONLY one having trouble! I can on at home just fine, but I haven't been able to get on at work for several days now. I'm having withdrawals.....:confused:

If so many of us are having trouble getting on, wouldn't that mean it is a problem NOT on a local server?:confused: What can we do to fix this problem? I want some answers from some of the professionals on here, please!:nerd:

BTW, this is the ONLY site I've had trouble getting on. I can get on the 4A site without a problem.

That's what's really weird, the 4A site shares this same server. We're waiting on Admin to return my messages.

STANG RED
03-06-2010, 05:41 PM
I was finally getting on fine the last couple of days from Holdrege NE. But just drove to Omaha and couldnt get on the first few times I tried. Then all of the sudden it just worked when I tried it a few minutes ago. :confused:

NateDawg39
03-06-2010, 08:07 PM
The Man is tryin to shut us down!!!

:nerd:

WOS87
03-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Are people STILL having problems?? I've been busy today and this is my first chance to get online.

NateDawg39
03-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Not many posts all day so im guessing problems are still going on

WOS87
03-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Guess we need to change the name of the site to the 3A Houston DownLow temporarily lol

NateDawg39
03-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Guess we need to change the name of the site to the 3A Houston DownLow temporarily lol Ill be in Dallas tomorrow so ill do some research on this matter since I will have a useful IT group with me ;)

WOS87
03-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Ill be in Dallas tomorrow so ill do some research on this matter since I will have a useful IT group with me ;)

Cool! My IT connection was wasted last night so I'm trying to get hold of him again tonight... hopefully it's not too late again!!

Ranger Mom
03-07-2010, 12:04 AM
I have always been able to get on from home....just not from work or on my phone.

WOS87
03-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I have always been able to get on from home....just not from work or on my phone.

Very odd!

Be_Advised
03-07-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm able to log in with my phone. I use opera mini app but no luck with my home pc. firefox and ie8 both report connection issues.

carter08
03-07-2010, 02:26 AM
This is why Houston wins. We still have our Downlow.

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by carter08
This is why Houston wins. We still have our Downlow.

so does Dallas

Tired ole Bobcat
03-07-2010, 06:58 AM
I have not encountered this dreaded log on problem yet. I have logged on to the site with computers in my home using XP and Windows 7. I have had problems with other sites until I removed the check mark in the box for cookies in the delete screen of Internet Properties. I have to say all is well at my place North of Celina with 3ADL. :)

carter08
03-07-2010, 09:12 AM
so does Dallas

Central and West Texas just suck, I guess.

BwdLion73
03-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Not so fast....I can still get on with my Propane powered Millennium 98--75 pound Gateway computer.

:hand:

Phantom Stang
03-07-2010, 03:42 PM
:wave: :p

navscanmaster
03-07-2010, 05:43 PM
I had to go to the 4A forum to find an answer; had to go from an automatic DNS to a preferred DNS. I don't know if that will affect other sites yet, but this is the first time I have been able to get on the site in three days.

BwdLion73
03-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Something is different, I logged on eariler and when I checked to see who was online it said "me", Oh well guess I can make hay while the sun shines.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
03-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
:wave: :p :D tks PS, it worked! just terminology little different if your in classic view :)

LH Panther Mom
03-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Talked with SintonFan earlier. He says he thinks it's some kind of virus that corrupts your favorites. He hasn't been able to get in since Tuesday. Said his browser kept going to something called zeerboo(supposed to be some kind of search engine affiliated with google?)

Might be a good idea to run your virus scans too.
This is the ONLY site I had problems with & I have beaucoup fav's.

LH Panther Mom
03-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
The Man is tryin to shut us down!!!

:nerd:
Good gosh! Give it a break! You sound like Casey! :doh:

sinton66
03-07-2010, 07:28 PM
It's in the webmaster's hands now. He's working on it.

navscanmaster
03-07-2010, 08:11 PM
It's in the webmaster's hands now. He's working on it.

My dad, OldBison75, wasn't having any problems getting on, which led me to believe at first that Sinton66 was blocking all the Aggies. :devil: :D

just kidding, nothing but love!

sinton66
03-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
My dad, OldBison75, wasn't having any problems getting on, which led me to believe at first that Sinton66 was blocking all the Aggies. :devil: :D

Which DNS did you switch to?

Phantom Stang
03-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Which DNS did you switch to?
I noticed your post on the 4A board,so you've probably seen these instructions already........

1. Go Windows Start button, and run Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
3. Select Manage network connections.
4. Double click on active internet connection, probably named as Local Area Connection.
5. Click Properties.
6. Now double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), located in middle form.
7. Select Use the following DNS server addressed, and change them to:

Preferred DNS Server: 208.67.222.222
Alternate DNS Server: 208.67.220.220
8. Click OK to confirm changes to Open DNS servers.
Of course, those instructions may be unnecessary now, since the temporary URL that Administrator posted works just fine with my DNS set on "automatic".

LH Panther Mom
03-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Now that's an idea!!! :D

sinton66
03-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Now that's an idea!!! :D

LOL!

TheDOCTORdre
03-07-2010, 09:27 PM

amazingly I made it here before this thread got closed

sinton66
03-07-2010, 09:28 PM
I noticed your post on the 4A board,so you've probably seen these instructions already........

4. Double click on active internet connection, probably named as Local Area Connection.
5. Click Properties.
6. Now double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), located in middle form.

Of course, those instructions may be unnecessary now, since the temporary URL that Administrator posted works just fine with my DNS set on "automatic".

This solution does work. The temp link may still not work for some users (since they may still be going through the same DNS route) This method changes the route.

SintonFan
03-08-2010, 01:03 AM
This solution does work. The temp link may still not work for some users (since they may still be going through the same DNS route) This method changes the route.

Thank you Tony for helping me back here.:)
Like Tony said, I have been blocked out of the 'low since Tuesday(on both computers in SA and CC). He guided me over the phone with the successful DNS changes. If you know anyone who has trouble getting on here I strongly recommend trying this fix.

That search engine called "veerboo" is still a mystery to me. I think my computer in CC must have been hijacked or something. :(

Thanks again Tony!:clap:

garciap77
03-08-2010, 08:48 AM
That is strange that you say that. We have AT&T at work! I have my internet through Ridgewood Cable at home and haven't had any problems getting on from my home computer.

Now that I have read facebook, I see what WOS87 was talking about. He wasn't chatting with ME perse, but leaving comments on a thread that I started over there about this issue.

Thank goodness....I thought I had been "sleep typing!!"

I am trying my phone now to see if I can get on......and it's a no go.

The error message I am getting on my phone is: HTTP Error 502: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

A 502 error is a "bad gateway"

HTTP error 5020: The server was acting as a gateway or proxy and received an invalid response from the upstream server.

(Whatever that means!!:confused: :nerd: )

I can log on with aol.com every time. Has anyone else tried logging on with aol? I'm going to use aol until this problem gets fixed.:(

BullsFan
03-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I can always get on from my main job, and almost never from home. Every once in a while I have home access, but that's maybe 1 or 2 times a month. I have the same problem with the computers from my second job. This has happened to me since Sprint here switched over to Embarq and continued since Embarq switched over to...I think Centurylink? Anyway, the internet through the local phone company. I have called a couple of times and been assured it's not a problem with them, but I don't think I buy it. This same thing happened a few years ago with another site I frequent, and it turned out a hub was down.

Trashman
03-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Trashman

I spoke too soon. Tried all weekend to get on at home and was never successful. At home i use my lap top tethered to my blackberry using sprint.:(

MUSTANG69
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I can log on with aol.com every time. Has anyone else tried logging on with aol? I'm going to use aol until this problem gets fixed.:(

I tried AOL and can't get own.

Be_Advised
03-08-2010, 10:05 AM

5. Click Properties.

This did the job for me. Able to log in now on my pc. it was a hassle to post from my phone.

pirate4state
03-08-2010, 10:13 AM
I wasn't able to get on from home, but I'm at work and was able to get right on. *shrug* Still can't access from my phone. :(

Emerson1
03-08-2010, 10:18 AM
so does Dallas
I guess this is one of those times Forney is gonna be considered East Texas

buckeyebob
03-08-2010, 10:20 AM
The only thing we can do is collect info from those that are having trouble so our webmaster can look into it. We would need the following:

1.) Type of computer
2.) Operating system and Browser
3.) exact error message text
4.) what works and what doesn't
5.) User's Internet Service Provider

I've not been able to log on to3A only for nearly a week now...having to do it from work.
Comp - Dell Inspiron Laptop
Oper. XP
Message: Google - Oops! Link Broken (Deleted Google Tool Bar) then regular Cannot Display message
Nothing works from home
Serv Pro. - ETEX.NET

Will try the temp site tonoght

buckeyebob
03-08-2010, 10:28 AM

5. Click Properties.

I tried this...did not work

44INAROW
03-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I got on using the Temporary Sign in - I am at work on a network and don't wanna do any DNS (whatever that is) changes cause it might mess up our work stuff.. I will have our IT guy over sometime this week and show him what needs to be done and see if he will "hook me up" I will bake him some cookies - I bet he will :)

Ranger Mom
03-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I got on using the Temporary Sign in - I am at work on a network and don't wanna do any DNS (whatever that is) changes cause it might mess up our work stuff.. I will have our IT guy over sometime this week and show him what needs to be done and see if he will "hook me up" I will bake him some cookies - I bet he will :)

I had to get on at work using the temporary link too!!

I am also afraid to mess with the DNS....we are ordering me a new computer sometime this week, but I sure don't wanna screw this one up before I get my new one.

Bullaholic
03-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Buncha' "addicts".......:D

44INAROW
03-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
no joke lol I was getting the "DTs" :D

Ranger Mom
03-08-2010, 10:58 AM
I am getting texts from people who can't get on so have no idea about the temp site.

I think i will send a "global" text with that info to all my dlow buddies that I have numbers for.

When we get this problem solved, we should probably let everyone know that when things like this happen here, they can usually always find out more about it on the 4a site.

kaorder1999
03-08-2010, 11:03 AM
thanks ranger mom for letting me know!! Had o clue what was going on!!!

ccmom
03-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Temp site works for me. I can get on the regular site from my laptop at home, but not from my home PC, my phone or my office PC.

:doh:

I sure am glad I don't have the job of figuring this kind of stuff out. I have a headache just thinking about it! :confused:

Ranger Mom
03-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Well...it was a good idea to send out a global text....if I could figure out how to do it!!!:p

I got a new phone last week and don't know how to send more than one person at a time.

SintonPirateFan
03-08-2010, 12:19 PM
havent had any trouble at work or home...

garciap77
03-08-2010, 12:45 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

;)

Green Bling
03-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Hmm, yes, spoken like a person of experience who has 9654 posts. :D :D

garciap77
03-08-2010, 01:01 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Phantom Stang
03-08-2010, 01:04 PM
As stated before, the temp link seems to be working for everyone who couldn't get on this site before, but just in case.......

follow this link to our 4a site and bookmark it:
http://www.texaaaasports.com/vb/

There on the Texas 4A Sports Discussions forum, you will find a thread called "Phantom's Phix for the 3ADownlow issue" which has the instructions for changing the DNS settings on your computer.

As I state twice on the thread mentioned, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!

garciap77
03-08-2010, 01:19 PM
As stated before, the temp link seems to be working for everyone who couldn't get on this site before, but just in case.......

There on the Texas 4A Sports Discussions forum, you will find a thread called "Phantom's Phix for the 3ADownlow issue" which has the instructions for changing the DNS settings on your computer.

This one here works great for me http://temp.3adownlow.net/ ! Thanks Admin!

44INAROW
03-08-2010, 02:22 PM

:fnypost: :2thumbsup

LE Dad
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I am still having problems getting to site on my PDA and 1 desktop.:mad: Is there an LE Dad conspiricy:confused:

pirate4state
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
I am still having problems getting to site on my PDA and 1 desktop.:mad: Is there an LE Dad conspiricy:confused: Yes

waterboy
03-08-2010, 04:59 PM

You must be some kind of computer wiz! I'm back on! Yippee!

Now......:thinking: .....what kind of useless info can I grace the 3ADL with.....:D

Thanks, Phantom Stang!:clap:

garciap77
03-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I am still having problems getting to site on my PDA and 1 desktop.:mad: Is there an LE Dad conspiricy:confused:

LE Dad
03-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yes

I'm Baaaaaaaack!! :D

Still running slow, but it is running... :clap: :clap:

Tired ole Bobcat
03-08-2010, 05:19 PM
This log on problem started some time after the first of the year when the higher up and mods got together at the 5 star Gobbler Inn in the small town of Cuero for their secret yearly meeting. The minutes of this meeting were obtained thru the 3ADL Freedom of Information Act. In this meeting it was determined a new mod woud be appointed. They also discussed and set into action a plan for the Webmaster to enable a plan to make it difficult for certain areas of the state to no be able to log on to 3ADL. It was the unaminous opinion of the mods that were there to show the users long before school starts this year what it would be like not to be able to log on to 3ADL. They felt that this would be a way during the season to help keep the posters in line with the rules this football season. The outcry from the 3ADL registered users has been great enough to now get the problem fixed. The Webmaster has been instructed to fix the problem. They will further institute warnings about following the rules to keep it clean and have a good time along with strict enforcement of stated rule. It was decided that this training period (log on problems) would show the guys and girls of 3ADL what it would be like not to be able to post to the downlow. Have fun and keeper clean. I reserve the right to edit this post as required to keep my postings from being blocked. It has been a long, cold, boring day north of Celina. As Walter used to say "have a good day". :)

waterboy
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM
:eek: So.......it was a conspiracy??!!:eek: Holy crap!!:doh:

:wave: :D

Bullaholic
03-08-2010, 05:25 PM

Not merely posts---they are vignettes of charm, wit, and savvy, reflective of the worldly bon vivant board diety that I am.....:D

Oh, did I almost forgot to mention "humble", also?

:tongue: :D

garciap77
03-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Not merely posts---they are vignettes of charm, wit, and savvy, reflective of the worldly bon vivant board diety that I am.....:D

Bullaholic
03-08-2010, 05:41 PM

:thumbsup: Fantastic! I sure hope I can manage to generate some more 3 "eek" post replies, or better---we sure need em', lately. Remember--you said you were bored. :D

sinton66
03-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
no joke lol I was getting the "DTs" :D

I meant to call you last night, but it was about 11:00 when I thought about it again. If you still weren't on, I'd have called you this evening.

Green Bling
03-08-2010, 05:55 PM

All reasons to admire and respect a person...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

44INAROW
03-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I meant to call you last night, but it was about 11:00 when I thought about it again. If you still weren't on, I'd have called you this evening.

;)

garciap77
03-08-2010, 07:53 PM
:thumbsup: Fantastic! I sure hope I can manage to generate some more 3 "eek" post replies, or better---we sure need em', lately. Remember--you said you were bored. :D

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
03-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
thanks ranger mom for letting me know!! Had o clue what was going on!!!
I im'ed you the temp link last night! :p

LH Panther Mom
03-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
This log on problem started some time after the first of the year when the higher up and mods got together at the 5 star Gobbler Inn in the small town of Cuero for their secret yearly meeting. The minutes of this meeting were obtained thru the 3ADL Freedom of Information Act. In this meeting it was determined a new mod woud be appointed. They also discussed and set into action a plan for the Webmaster to enable a plan to make it difficult for certain areas of the state to no be able to log on to 3ADL. It was the unaminous opinion of the mods that were there to show the users long before school starts this year what it would be like not to be able to log on to 3ADL. They felt that this would be a way during the season to help keep the posters in line with the rules this football season. The outcry from the 3ADL registered users has been great enough to now get the problem fixed. The Webmaster has been instructed to fix the problem. They will further institute warnings about following the rules to keep it clean and have a good time along with strict enforcement of stated rule. It was decided that this training period (log on problems) would show the guys and girls of 3ADL what it would be like not to be able to post to the downlow. Have fun and keeper clean. I reserve the right to edit this post as required to keep my postings from being blocked. It has been a long, cold, boring day north of Celina. As Walter used to say "have a good day". :)
:doh: :doh: That might have been a good April Fools' joke! :devil:

SWMustang
03-09-2010, 07:59 AM
My Downlow is back! I've been shut out for a while.

Administrator
03-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
My Downlow is back! I've been shut out for a while.

Are you accessing 3ADL via the regular bbs.3adownlow.com url? If so, can you tell me if you made any changes, or if it just came back up? Who provides you with internet service?

LH_Tuff
03-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Administrator
Are you accessing 3ADL via the regular bbs.3adownlow.com url? If so, can you tell me if you made any changes, or if it just came back up? Who provides you with internet service?

It just came back. I use Roadrunner. Could not get to it all weekend or yesterday. And yes, I use bbs.3adownlow.com.

Administrator
03-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
It just came back. I use Roadrunner. Could not get to it all weekend or yesterday. And yes, I use bbs.3adownlow.com.

Thanks for the info. Looks like the changes that were made yesterday are slowly propagating across the internet. Hopefully everyone will be back online today.

garciap77
03-09-2010, 08:52 AM

Just got on this morning with no changes made! SuddenLink!

44INAROW
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM
back on the "regular way" Thanks Matt :)

SWMustang
03-09-2010, 09:40 AM

I used www.3adownlow.com

I did not make any changes and Uverse (AT&T) is my internet provider.

Ranger Mom
03-09-2010, 09:43 AM
AT&T is my provider at work and I was able to get right on this morning!

Trashman
03-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Works through sprint!:D

bowleghorses
03-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Finally able to get back on after 4-5 days on all my puters.

ronwx5x
03-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Finally able to get back on after 4-5 days on all my puters.

Same here. I have been unable at work or home since last Friday. I thought maybe I had been disbarred from the Downlow!!!

:confused:

bowleghorses
03-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I thought ya'll banned my Louisiana butt off the downlow. Today is gunna be a good day after all.:D

MUSTANG69
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Finally it works!:clap:

D_bird
03-09-2010, 11:54 AM
We had a similar problem over at Texas2a with dns issues, I upgraded the forum software and for whatever reason we have not had the issues that we had before upgrade. I don't understand this internet stuff sometimes...

44INAROW
03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
I thought ya'll banned my Louisiana butt off the downlow. Today is gunna be a good day after all.:D
I thought my boss was playing a trick on me........ :D

Bullaholic
03-09-2010, 12:54 PM
All reasons to admire and respect a person...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL. Well, someone has to try to carry the PPHSFan "torch" until he surfaces again....:D

Phantom Stang
03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I am now able to get on using my old bookmark and original DNS settings. I was not able to do this at all from Friday though yesterday.

I am in the Metroplex just Northeast of Fort Worth. My internet provider is AT&T.

Thanks for the attention and effort you've given to this issue.:clap:

Bullaholic
03-09-2010, 03:04 PM
[BThanks for the attention and effort you've given to this issue.:clap: [/B]

A very appropriate post, Phantom---lots of sites I've been to could care less and just leave you hanging and guessing---some of em' even fee based if you can believe that.:thumbsup:

ccmom
03-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Just FYI...as of this morning, I was once again able to log on with no problems, after several days of having no access. Starting at about 4:00pm today, I am having the same issues as before, but the temp link works.

Ranger Mom
03-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Just FYI...as of this morning, I was once again able to log on with no problems, after several days of having no access. Starting at about 4:00pm today, I am having the same issues as before, but the temp link works.

Well darn!!! I have passed the info on!!

SintonFan
03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
The Sinton computer is working again for this site tonight. I use this link: downlow (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/)

BullsFan
03-10-2010, 12:19 AM
For the first time in WEEKS I can get on from my home computer. Excellent!

STANG RED
03-10-2010, 12:21 AM
I was in Omaha over the weekend, and couldnt get on, but for one time for a few minutes. Now I'm in Hillsborough New Jersey, and everything seems to be working fine.
Been away from home nearly a month now, but should be back sometime Friday. Sure will be nice to be back home. These New Jersey idiots are getting on my last nerve. I can feel my IQ dropping every minute I'm here. And as most of you know, I dont have enough to spare, to afford staying here much longer.;)

SintonFan
03-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Has any of you seen a screen that posed as a search engine "Veerboo"?

skins4life
03-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I was in Omaha over the weekend, and couldnt get on, but for one time for a few minutes. Now I'm in Hillsborough New Jersey, and everything seems to be working fine.
Been away from home nearly a month now, but should be back sometime Friday. Sure will be nice to be back home. These New Jersey idiots are getting on my last nerve. I can feel my IQ dropping every minute I'm here. And as most of you know, I dont have enough to spare, to afford staying here much longer.;)

Be carefull coming home and have a safe trip!!

buckeyebob
03-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Back on regular way (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/)using etex.net (local phone co. as a provider)...thanks for the hard work...and my wife is very happy for I am semi-sane again...I have settled back into the doldrums of spring time & looking forward to August.