PDA

View Full Version : The "real" top district in region 2 is....

LE Dad
03-02-2010, 12:22 PM
16 3A.

A short time ago before football playoffs, a certain districts posters were touting that they had the best district in all of region 2. Not sure what facts were used in that assumption, but all in all it was amusing reading. Now here is why 16 3A is the "real" top district in region 2:

Pleasant Grove- region finalist volleyball
Pleasant Grove- region finalist football
Pittsburg- region champion football
Liberty-Eylau- region champion girls hoops
Liberty-Eylau- region runnerup girls powerlifting
(lost tiebreaker for first to 4A Canyon)
Liberty-Eylau- Region semifinalist boys hoops
(still playing)
Still a few sports to be contested in boys powerlifting, track, baseball and softball...but with what I have seen so far and what I know this district has in these sports, I have no doubt 16 3A will keep hoisting region titles in the coming months.

NateDawg39
03-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Or maybe the region is just weak and they lucked out getting that far :devil:

LE Dad
03-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Or maybe the region is just weak and they lucked out getting that far :devil: Maybe... but 16 3A is the best of the weak region. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

95mustang
03-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Or maybe the region is just weak and they lucked out getting that far :devil: :doh: :clap: :clap: :D

LE Dad
03-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
:doh: :clap: :clap: :D 2 3A can say the same for region 1 as well.:thinking:

:evilgrin: :stirpot:

bowleghorses
03-02-2010, 10:07 PM
I still think district 9 3A is better.At least till august.:D

eagles_victory
03-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Resorting to girls powerlifting? Must be working real hard to make your point.

coach
03-02-2010, 10:45 PM
that's not even a sport

LE Dad
03-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
that's not even a sport I think your just jealous that the girls lift more than you.:devil:

LE Dad
03-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Resorting to girls powerlifting? Must be working real hard to make your point. :D Don't make me have to break out Atlamta and thier prowess in power walking.:thinking:

eagles_victory
03-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't even think powerlifting is UIL sanctioned so therefore you couldn't really make an argument showing powerlifting as being strong in your district since in theory districts do not exist in powerlifing.

LE Dad
03-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I don't even think powerlifting is UIL sanctioned so therefore you couldn't really make an argument showing powerlifting as being strong in your district since in theory districts do not exist in powerlifing. ...but schools do compete in sanctioned regional and state events, most are coached by school strength coaches, and are identified by school name. Therefore I see no problem in including powerlifting. That said, even if you exclude powerlifting it has no effect on my origional contention.

Farmersfan
03-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame LE Dad! You guys have earned it!

firstdown
03-03-2010, 08:56 AM
You're right it has been a good year so far for your district in athletics. Congrats to the Kids and Coaches for their hard work it seems to be paying off.

bigwood33
03-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
...but schools do compete in sanctioned regional and state events, most are coached by school strength coaches, and are identified by school name. Therefore I see no problem in including powerlifting. That said, even if you exclude powerlifting it has no effect on my origional contention.
At best it is a fringe sport, like wrestling and soccer. Since the participation is suspect at many schools, you should not even consider it when discussing who is best. We have a couple of kids, 1 boy and 1 girl who should get on the stand at the state meet and have had a couple of state champions and I still say it isn't a discussion point. In 9-3A there were only 18 girls, total, that participated at the "district" meet. If it were UIL sanctioned the number would at least double and maybe triple.