18. Lavega- eliminated by Crockett 73-60
19. Bryan Rudder-eliminated by Silsbee 62-61
20. Navasota- eliminated by Hardin Jefferson 78-62
21. Paris- eliminated by Ranchview 78-72
22. Stafford- Friday vs #2 West Oso
23. Argyle- eliminated by Ranchview 51-45
24. Hondo- eliminated by West Oso 80-68
25. Center- eliminated by Mexia 69-61

In the regional round 9 ranked teams are still alive and 7 unranked teams are still alive (Graham,Lovejoy,Ranchview,Liberty Eylau, Hudson, Fairfield, and Boerne)

Ranchview and Hardin Jefferson are the only 2 remaining teams to have knocked off 2 ranked opponents.

Of the remaining 16 teams only: Burkburnett, Somerset, Liberty Eylau, Boerne, Lovejoy, and Graham don't have a win over a ranked opponent.

Teams who must be 2 ranked opponents to advance to state are: Graham, Hudson, and Fairfield

Teams who could possibly have to defeat 2 ranked teams are: Estacado, Burkburnett, Stafford, West Oso.

waterboy
03-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Why don't they just give the title to Madison right now? They pretty much look unbeatable... Will anybody beat them? Who has the best chance?

Eagle Eyes
03-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I have seen Silsbee play a couple of times this year.

They are pretty solid, they have 5A height
They starting 5 consists of 6'7, 6'6, 6'6, 6'3, 5'11.

I do not know if they would win, but they would probably give them a run for the money.

icu812
03-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Kennedale had a good team with good size including a kid listed at 6'11" (probably a stretch he's big but...) and they got beat by a very good Prosper team. Madison destroyed Prosper. Madison must be pretty salty.

Tsip85
03-02-2010, 12:25 PM
I know Madison is really good, but me thinks Lovejoy stands a fighting chance in this one. Lovejoy has one of, if not THE top ranked defenses in 3A. Here's to hoping for a good game.

SHSTIGER
03-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Silsbee is 6'6, 6'6, 6'3, 6'2 and 5'9. I think either H-J or Silsbee will have a say in it before you give the title to Madison.

LE Dad
03-02-2010, 01:11 PM
LE has the size and the speeeed to run with Madison. Scoring in the 80s against half cout teams. If you match us against another run and gun it should be fun. Plenty of depth, usually play all 10. If we get past Ranchview and Madison gets past Lovejoy lookout.

DUKE22
03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Lubbock Estacado went to overtime with them last year in the state final. Assuming Lubbock Estacado makes it again, they will probably have the best player there.(Point Guard Kevin Wagner) If they meet again it will be interesting.

Tres Lobos
03-02-2010, 02:33 PM
If no one gives em a run in their own region, then you can bet on Lubbock Estacado to do it. Their great every year. Their 5'7 PG is the head coaches son, only a junior and started as a freshmen. I saw him throw down a 2 handed dunk on a much taller Odessa Permian kid in the Caprock tournament in Lubbock.

STAggie
03-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
If no one gives em a run in their own region, then you can bet on Lubbock Estacado to do it. Their great every year. Their 5'7 PG is the head coaches son, only a junior and started as a freshmen. I saw him throw down a 2 handed dunk on a much taller Odessa Permian kid in the Caprock tournament in Lubbock.

He was the best player at the state tournament last year, single handedly kept Estacado close to Madison.

jp744
03-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
He was the best player at the state tournament last year, single handedly kept Estacado close to Madison.
Yes he was but the Flentroy twins at Madison were all over him when he did it. Even more impressive.

eagles_victory
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by jp744
Yes he was but the Flentroy twins at Madison were all over him when he did it. Even more impressive. They're cousins

CelinaCatFan
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I look for the final 4 at state to be:

Region 1 - Lubbock Estacado
Region 2 - Dallas Madison
Region 3 - Silsbee
Region 4 - C.C. West Oso

Any of the other 3 could give Madison a tough test. Most likely team to beat Madison would be Estacado.

maestro
03-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Eyes
I have seen Silsbee play a couple of times this year.

They are pretty solid, they have 5A height
They starting 5 consists of 6'7, 6'6, 6'6, 6'3, 5'11.

I do not know if they would win, but they would probably give them a run for the money.

how did bryan rudder hold them down...

LE Dad
03-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Tsip85
I know Madison is really good, but me thinks Lovejoy stands a fighting chance in this one. Lovejoy has one of, if not THE top ranked defenses in 3A. Here's to hoping for a good game. There will certainly be a clash in styles.:thinking:

burkfan09
03-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Wait a minute. You said that Burkburnett doesn't have a win over a ranked opponent.

I guess their two wins over Wichita Falls Hirschi, their win over 2A #2 Ponder, and their win over top 20 (at the time) 4A Highland Park don't count. That looks like four wins against top 25 teams to me.

Get your facts straight before you post man.

eagles_victory
03-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by burkfan09
Wait a minute. You said that Burkburnett doesn't have a win over a ranked opponent.

I guess their two wins over Wichita Falls Hirschi, their win over 2A #2 Ponder, and their win over top 20 (at the time) 4A Highland Park don't count. That looks like four wins against top 25 teams to me.

Get your facts straight before you post man. In the playoffs dude. Read what I am talking about before you jump to conclusions. Im pretty sure most teams have a win over a ranked opponent in the regular season. Typical Burk fan trying to find some way that their team is being disrespected. The thread title says for the playoffs if you read everything you would know.

IHStangFan
03-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Why don't they just give the title to Madison right now? They pretty much look unbeatable... Will anybody beat them? Who has the best chance? Well....take into account that 14 of the top 25 were eliminated last round.....proves two things....rankings mean squat...and anything can happen. That's my take anyway.

LE Dad
03-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Well....take into account that 14 of the top 25 were eliminated last round.....proves two things....rankings mean squat...and anything can happen. That's my take anyway. :clap: :clap: ...and a good take it is!:D

eagles_victory
03-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:clap: :clap: ...and a good take it is!:D Most people don't share it according to the message boards we might as well not even show up Friday night just stay home and save the gas money. Sad thing is one of our "fans" is the one speaking the loudest against us.

IHStangFan
03-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Most people don't share it according to the message boards we might as well not even show up Friday night just stay home and save the gas money. Sad thing is one of our "fans" is the one speaking the loudest against us. somebody's "troll" account maybe?

LE Dad
03-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Most people don't share it according to the message boards we might as well not even show up Friday night just stay home and save the gas money. Sad thing is one of our "fans" is the one speaking the loudest against us. We don't have any doubters in our fanbase, but we have a bunch outside. Especially in our girls matchup with Madisonville. The only people giving us much of a chance are the ones who have seen both teams. People tend to pick by records or pick because they saw one team. No research involved.