PDA

View Full Version : My ordeal today

bearcat1
12-16-2003, 10:08 PM
Well I had an experience today. I left work and when I got to my car my unlock device (the black thing on the keyring) wouldn't work even though I kept trying. None of the buttons would work. So I went back into work and found Mr. Stanley the campus monitor who knows EVERYTHING, and was told the batteries must be out. So I stood there looking at him for a few, and then I asked "well what do I do, I cant get in my car" and he said "well, does the key not work in the door?"....... A few seconds of silence passed, followed by lots of laughter from the maintenance people.

OK anyway ...

I went to do that but no in fact the key does NOT work in my door for some reason. But it did work on the trunk. So I go BACK to find Mr. S, and he goes out there with me. It ends up that my daughter has to crawl into the trunk and over the back seat to open the doors. This all took forever because she was crying for 10 minutes in the parking lot scared to get in the trunk. I'm standing going "Stop crying and Get In The Trunk!" while people driving by are giving me funny looks.

All Mr.S can do during this whole thing is laugh, and keep saying "give me his number, I wanna buy him a beer".

FINALLY I was in my car. I am about to take the black thing apart and figure out what kind of battery I need. I just know that I am going to forget and lock the car out of habit and then be stuck again!

AUGH I hate things like this!

bc

turbostud
12-16-2003, 10:14 PM
The "clicker" on my F150 finally quit working after 3 years so I have a Hide-a-Key just in case something wacko happens.

Gobbla2001
12-16-2003, 10:15 PM
A lesson learned today...

Always make sure you have a kid with you and a car that has the fold-down backseat...

Ranger Mom
12-16-2003, 10:17 PM
That is hilarious!!

How old is your daughter? I bet you got some strange looks if anyone heard you telling her to "Get in the trunk"!! :D :D

bearcat1
12-16-2003, 10:21 PM
turbostud:
The "clicker" on my F150 finally quit working after 3 years so I have a Hide-a-Key just in case something wacko happens.I dont have a key for the doors apparently, and I dont know how to get one. I only got one key when I bought this car, well I got 2 keys but they are both the same thing, the other one is a spare. Wait....

bc

Ranger Mom
12-16-2003, 10:21 PM
That reminds me.....when we were at TX Stadium, my daughter dropped my keys in the toilet - after she had used it. I made her get them out (if anyone there noticed she had an "attitude", that was why). My Suburban also has the remote, so I just dried it off and it is still working!! On the way back to the tailgate party, we were looking at the remote - if there is a way to change batteries in it, I sure couldn't find it!

bearcat1
12-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Ranger Mom:
That is hilarious!!

How old is your daughter? I bet you got some strange looks if anyone heard you telling her to "Get in the trunk"!! :D :D She's 9.

bc

Wildcat81
12-16-2003, 10:30 PM
the dealer should have key codes to make one.