PDA

View Full Version : West Oso beats Hondo

MUSTANG69
03-02-2010, 08:55 AM
REgion IV Boys hoops

West Oso 80
Hondo 68

West Oso blew a 14 pt. first half lead and had to come from behind a 4 pt. deficit in the second half to win.

West Oso/Stafford
Friday Mar. 5
8:00 PM
American Bank Center
Corpus Christi

Phil C
03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

Johnny Utah
03-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Would not say they blew it, Hondo is very good and had their chances. West Oso survived again. They have to play all 4 qtrs if they plan on beating Stafford.

MUSTANG69
03-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Would not say they blew it, Hondo is very good and had their chances. West Oso survived again. They have to play all 4 qtrs if they plan on beating Stafford.

You are right about playing 4 quarters. The games I saw during the regular season West Oso had a tendacy to get lazy in the second half because they had a big lead at halftime. That is not going to work in the playoffs. They better get out of that habit or Stafford will beat them.

Johnny Utah
03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Correct.

jp744
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
You are right about playing 4 quarters. The games I saw during the regular season West Oso had a tendacy to get lazy in the second half because they had a big lead at halftime. That is not going to work in the playoffs. They better get out of that habit or Stafford will beat them.

Well this is a home game for West Oso and a rematch from last years final. Stafford totally dominated West Oso last year in the regional final. Hamilton defended Robinson very well and kept the bears at bay. Can he do it agian?

MUSTANG69
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by jp744
Well this is a home game for West Oso and a rematch from last years final. Stafford totally dominated West Oso last year in the regional final. Hamilton defended Robinson very well and kept the bears at bay. Can he do it agian?

West Oso has a lot of talent. I just don't think they have the discipline to win deep in the playoffs.

STAggie
03-02-2010, 03:28 PM

You are correct. It was almost like Oso came into that game expecting to walk to Austin. Hopefully the same won't happen Friday night. Stafford doesn't have as many weapons as they did last year but the two they have are two of the best in the state. Will be a great game and I can not wait to be there.

jp744
03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
West Oso has a lot of talent. I just don't think they have the discipline to win deep in the playoffs.

I heard of some stories of West Oso disrespecting their coach during timeouts and so on is that true?

MUSTANG69
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I heard of some stories of West Oso disrespecting their coach during timeouts and so on is that true?

The players do seem to have an attitude about them. They like to show off a little to much during warm-up for my taste. The coach just doesn't seem to have much control. Their fans are very disrespectful of everybody. They can get very rowdy and rude. In the past I have seen the fans go as far as throwing their drinks at the refs. Some of the schools have extra policeman at their home games with West Oso because of the fans.

I just hope this is not the case in West Oso's playoff run. I would like to see them represent District 31 and Region 4 in a respectable manner.

pirate4state
03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
The players do seem to have an attitude about them. They like to show off a little to much during warm-up for my taste. The coach just doesn't seem to have much control. Their fans are very disrespectful of everybody. They can get very rowdy and rude. In the past I have seen the fans go as far as throwing their drinks at the refs. Some of the schools have extra policeman at their home games with West Oso because of the fans.

I just hope this is not the case in West Oso's playoff run. I would like to see them represent District 31 and Region 4 in a respectable manner.

This is true. Not of all their fans, but the few games I have been to they have just been RUDE! :mad: I have wanted to, on several occassions, make a sign that read:

"SINTON HAS SOMETHING WEST OSO WILL NEVER HAVE...A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!"

:D :devil:

And with their lack of discpline, I doubt they'll ever win one! :eek:

MUSTANG69
03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
This is true. Not of all their fans, but the few games I have been to they have just been RUDE! :mad: I have wanted to, on several occassions, make a sign that read:

"SINTON HAS SOMETHING WEST OSO WILL NEVER HAVE...A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!"

:D :devil:

And with their lack of discpline, I doubt they'll ever win one! :eek:

You should make the sign and carry it with you. Their football fans are not much better. They have gone so far as to ignore me and not wait on me at their concession stand at the football games.

I still wish them luck.
:rolleyes:

SintonFan
03-03-2010, 12:44 AM
I won't add my bad experience to this about West Oso fans...:eek:

MUSTANG69
03-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I won't add my bad experience to this about West Oso fans...:eek:

I probably should not have posted mine but it really p_sses me off thinking about it sometimes.

What really makes me mad is that West Oso always has a lot of athletic talent and the school can not get things under control. They are really doing these kids a disservice.:mad: