PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach to A&M?

JJWalker
02-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Just saw this and it made me smile ... :)

http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/news/15307/Leach-Phone-has-been-ringing-off-the-hook

Leach: Phone has been ringing off the hook

Alex Esselink, Editor

February 22, 2010 Former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach was hoping to get a little rest and relaxation after moving to Key West but tells Joe Rose of WQAM in Miami that "the phones rang a lot from people in all different directions."

I would bet just about every college football fan and especially fantasy owners can't wait to see where Leach lands. He'll be one of the first names to be thrown out when the coaching axes start to fall. A couple places we could see him ending up if the current coaching staffs can't turn things around include: Washington State, Colorado, Texas A&M, Arizona State, Maryland and possibly even Michigan.

Source: Dallas Morning News

bandera7
02-28-2010, 03:27 PM
I actually really like Mike Leach. But...he will never end up in Aggieland as a head coach.

IHStangFan
02-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Nah....won't happen.

Sweetwater Red
02-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Lmao! "and possibly even Michigan".

Apparently whoever wrote this story doesn't know that Michigan only hires HC's
that are actually capable of producing NFL QBs. :doh:

Pmoney
02-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Lmao! "and possibly even Michigan".

Apparently whoever wrote this story doesn't know that Michigan only hires HC's
that are actually capable of producing NFL QBs. :doh:

Which NFL QB has Rich Rodriguez produced? Pat White?

NateDawg39
02-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Which NFL QB has Rich Rodriguez produced? Pat White? :clap:

LH Panther Mom
02-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Did anyone read the link? College "FANTASY" football! :D :p

JJWalker
02-28-2010, 10:02 PM
How great would it be to see Texas A&M beating Tech regularly?

Not that A&M doesn't brutilize Tech under Tuberville, but how great would it be to actually see the A&M crazies actually led by a crazy?

LE Dad
02-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Did anyone read the link? College "FANTASY" football! :D :p Lots of places where Leach would fit. Aggieland ain't one of 'em.:p
It's a fantasy allright. :D

bandera7
03-01-2010, 12:15 AM
You know, I think Leach works his way back up. Gets a solid 1-AA job and then in a few years takes up a D. 1 job again.

charlesrixey
03-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
You know, I think Leach works his way back up. Gets a solid 1-AA job and then in a few years takes up a D. 1 job again.

nah

i don't think he'll have to worry about that

his reputation might be a little crazy, but he's going to wait only for a big job

Sweetwater Red
03-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Which NFL QB has Rich Rodriguez produced? Pat White?

Yep and the Miami Dolphins are a far cry from the San Angelo Stampede Express. :thumbsup: :devil:

Red Bull
03-01-2010, 12:14 PM
I know you should never say never, BUT Leach will NEVER coach the Aggies. His disrespect for A&M, it's traditions, the Corps of Cadets is well documented. I for one would stop sending $$$ to A&M if that did indeed ever happen. I wish him well as a person and feel he got a bad deal at Tech, but I do not want him representing A&M in ANY way.

jdawg2012
03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I actually really like Mike Leach. But...he will never end up in Aggieland as a head coach.

Who said he had to be the Head Coach? He could be an offensive coordinator or anything else.

LE Dad
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by jdawg2012
Who said he had to be the Head Coach? He could be an offensive coordinator or anything else. I think that was the first story I heard was OC and the Aggie faithful said not only NO but.....

Leach to A&M, it just won't happen.:cool:

RMAC
03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
I know you should never say never, BUT Leach will NEVER coach the Aggies. His disrespect for A&M, it's traditions, the Corps of Cadets is well documented. I for one would stop sending $$$ to A&M if that did indeed ever happen. I wish him well as a person and feel he got a bad deal at Tech, but I do not want him representing A&M in ANY way.

Couldn't agree more. It'll be a COLD day in hell before Leach ever coaches anything at ATM, much less sets foot on campus for an interview.

LE Dad
03-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Couldn't agree more. It'll be a COLD day in hell before Leach ever coaches anything at ATM, much less sets foot on campus for an interview. I rest my case.:D

Mike Leach will coach again, but it will NEVER be at A&M. No way no how, oil and water, gas and fire, Leach and Aggs; just a few things that don't mix.

NateDawg39
03-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I have a few Tech friends who plan on starting a facebook page just like the one George Bush has called "miss me yet" or something. If Tech does really bad this next season look for a brand new FB page :nerd:

bandera7
03-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I specifically said HC because I would honestly love to see him here at our OC. I also know that he thinks Jerrod Johnson is the best player in the Big 12 with the departure of this senior class. I dont agree with that but, Leach would probably love to coach him.

GetRDoneStangs
03-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I specifically said HC because I would honestly love to see him here at our OC. I also know that he thinks Jerrod Johnson is the best player in the Big 12 with the departure of this senior class. I dont agree with that but, Leach would probably love to coach him.

That may be true....but I would hate him hurting J J's chances on being drafted!!!

:D :D :D :D

Daddy D 11
03-01-2010, 08:54 PM
When Hawkins chokes again in Boulder this fall, CU will finally be open. Leach would fit in there quite well.

bandera7
03-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Honestly JJ could take a page from McCoys book and learn how to throw a decent mid range pass for once.

457drag
03-01-2010, 11:55 PM
I think Leach would rather not have a job than work at A&M...he hates the aggies...and everything about a&m.

Daddy D 11
03-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by 457drag
I think Leach would rather not have a job than work at A&M...he hates the aggies...and everything about a&m.

He's not the only one.

:stirpot: :taunt: :1popcorn: :evillol: