PDA

View Full Version : Great Video about Sinton Baseball Coach Gene Kasprzyk

piratebg
02-27-2010, 01:39 AM
He was The Lifetime Achievement Award winner at the 2010 South Texas Winter Baseball Banquet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asuW7al999U

hookandladder
02-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
He was The Lifetime Achievement Award winner at the 2010 South Texas Winter Baseball Banquet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asuW7al999U

Great video, A class act in his high school career and now in coaching and teaching.Sinton is fortunate to have some one like him in their school system, Congrats.

NastySlot
02-27-2010, 11:10 AM
thanks for sharing that ....I've had the honor to meet coach K and attend some of his practices.....He is a quality person.

Never will forget a great phrase or quote I heard from him at a practice that has stuck with me ten plus years..."Make Hustling a Habit."

AAA87
02-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I shared a room with him for 4 years while i coached in Sinton. Class act ALL the way around. Helped me any way i needed and any way he could. Never was negative and told me something my first scrimmage as the oline coach against Floresville that I will never forget after a nose guard whipped our centers butt and i almost had a heart attack jumping some butt that day...he told me on the way home...."keep plugging away at your guys, no one ever said you had a finished product here but i can tell you care and youll get it done in time".......thought that was pretty cool of him and we worked great together for 4 years. He deserves all the accolades he gets, hard worker and truly in it for the kids!!

pirate4state
02-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm in that video! :)

I can't say enough about Coach K. I was always a little sad that he wasn't my History teacher in HS, but he taught me so many other things just being around him in the dugout for 3 years.

My "test" to become his statistician was a trivia question.

He wanted me to answer '"Who said, "It ain't over, 'til it's over?"' haha ;)

I mean, everyone knows that, right? :inlove:

PhiI C
02-27-2010, 01:12 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
02-27-2010, 01:22 PM
i was a sophmore in '85 when he came on as a assistant and the difference in practices the next year when he took over was like night and day, he immediately turn Sinton baseball into winners with his work ethic.

sinton66
02-27-2010, 05:25 PM
There is no other coach or teacher anywhere that is more deserving of this great honor. This video was a terrific tribute to a great man, but I can tell all of you from personal knowledge, it tells only a small part of this man's life. His impact on the Sinton kids is far reaching and immeasurable. My daughter was on two of the three state championship Academic Decathelon teams.

Sinton is most fortunate indeed this man chose our community as his home.

maroonpirate04
02-28-2010, 01:23 AM
Great teacher, he's a very passionate person in teaching students, With the success Pirate baseball Sinton is very lucky he stayed here so long. Pretty sure there were big offers from around the state for coaching positions in the past.
He's a true Pirate:) I think once they finish remodeling Pirate Field the school district should consider to rename it "Gene Kasprzyk Field" in his honor.

Congrats Coach K. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Green Bling
02-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Great story! Congrats!

SintonPirateFan
02-28-2010, 07:55 PM
classy, classy guy. one thing that made him stand out to me was he was always dressed (when teaching class) in a tie. so many other coaches showed up in wind suits--this is not a "put down" to coaches who do teach class in athletic attire...just making an observation.

i was lucky enough to have him as a history teacher. hands down, the best teacher i've ever had.

SintonFan
03-03-2010, 01:05 AM
That is a great video of someone who many of us look up to. It is good to see that recognition is given to those who impact our lives and help to make us better than what we thought we could achieve on our own.
That humble attitude helps us realize that life is more than us, and we should always strive to better ourselves.:)

Thanks for the link, piratebg.:clap: