PDA

View Full Version : Good Honolulu deals???

STANG RED
02-26-2010, 01:56 PM
My daughter will be taking a position at Sea Life Park in mid May, and me and wife would like to go for a week and help her get settled in. Problem is, I'm already going to be out some major $ just getting her all set up. So I'm looking for a way me and wife can go for a week, without breaking the bank in the process. Anybody got any good ideas?
So far, about $3K is the least I can see spending for just us two. But I figure it'll take even more than that to get her there and set up for a while. Just hoping there are some smokin good deals out there, I havent ran across yet.

sahen
02-26-2010, 02:20 PM
some guy out here at work went to hawaii and said he found teh best deals by calling the airlines and working a deal through them for flight, room, etc...maybe you should try that, i have no idea how much money he considered a good deal though

bwdlionfan
02-26-2010, 02:42 PM
try priceline, travelocity, etc

I booked a week long honeymoon in cancun, round trip flight for two and all-inclusive meal package for under $1,800.

Hawaii will be more than Cancun though.

pirate4state
02-26-2010, 02:46 PM
If you are looking for just airline tickets, use travelocity, priceline, etc...

If you are willing to spend an entire day travelling, you can find some dirt cheap airfare.

STANG RED
02-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
try priceline, travelocity, etc

I booked a week long honeymoon in cancun, round trip flight for two and all-inclusive meal package for under $1,800.

Hawaii will be more than Cancun though.

All inclusive is what I'm looking for. Heck I'll stay in a hut (wife might not agree). Just trying to stay under $2K, if possible.

pirate4state
02-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
All inclusive is what I'm looking for. Heck I'll stay in a hut (wife might not agree). Just trying to stay under $2K, if possible. You won't find all inclusive in Hawaii buddy. They get you good down there!

big daddy russ
02-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Check Craigslist. I doubt you'll find all-inclusive, but you can probably find airfare and hotel from someone who just had to bail on their plans.

pirate4state
02-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Check Craigslist. I doubt you'll find all-inclusive, but you can probably find airfare and hotel from someone who just had to bail on their plans. Yeah, but tickets are non-transferrable. Only Southwest let's you use your unused tickets as credit towards someone else's travel.

Almost every other airline will give you a voucher in YOUR name that is also non-transferrable. At least those were the rules 9 years ago. :D

Bullaholic
02-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Tell em' you own the Sweetwater Mustangs and maybe they will "comp" you, Stang...:D

maroogreen
02-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Try Travelzoo.

http://vacations.travelzoo.com/hawaii-vacations/

They update specials from across the internet at least weekly. And they always have different package deals.

Sweetwater Red
02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Tell em' you own the Sweetwater Mustangs and maybe they will "comp" you, Stang...:D :thinking: :D

Sweetwater Red
02-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Tell em' you own the Sweetwater Mustangs and maybe they will "comp" you, Stang...:D .

95mustang
02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Tell em' you own the Sweetwater Mustangs and maybe they will "comp" you, Stang...:D

He doesn't want banned from the islands. :D

STANG RED
02-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Better yet, I'll tell em I own the shnydr tiggers, they'll feel so sorry for me, they might just donate the whole trip to me. :D

Sweetwater Red
02-26-2010, 07:01 PM
If STANG RED owned the Mustangs, given that Sweetwater owns Bridgeport and Decatur,
would that mean Bullaholic and Natedawg
work for STANG RED. :thinking: :D