PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 35 Rockdale 21

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Bellville started slow but came on strong, after scoring 35 the 2nd string came in, If we have to play Bellvilles 2nd teamers we would be in a world of hurt! Rockdale scored 21 points off of Bellvilles 2nd sring!! Way to go Bellville, good luck to Rockdale!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-30-2003, 09:43 AM
Rockdale posters make it home ok?

Old Tiger
08-30-2003, 10:05 AM
Penalties killed Rockdale.

sinton66
08-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Us too. wink

BrahmaMom
08-30-2003, 10:11 AM
Hope the Rockdale QB is okay. He left the field early in the game, any reports? I wonder what the score would have been had he remained in. It was a good first game, lots to see on the film and improve on for Bellville. It was a beautiful night to start the season. Cooler than any Parents' Night I can recall. Congrats to all the Parents-everywhere-for all they do for the programs around the state. Way to go Brahmas!

Bellville22
08-30-2003, 01:04 PM
The game went about as I expected it would. Bellville's D held Rockdale to 3 and out, but muffed the punt to give them the ball back. The Tigers then ate up some clock. By the time Bellville got the ball there were only a few minutes in the first. Came out excited, had a chance on a deep ball on the first play, but slightly over-thrown, went three and out.

Once Bellville settled down, they showed flashes of brilliance. Pass protection wasn't great, but good enough. When Buenger had time, he did a good job of hitting his receivers. The run game started to come around a bit in the early 2nd half, when the Bulls really started to move the ball. The first-teamers outscored Rockdale 35-0, then Bellville mass subbed while Rockdale left starters and scored 21, making the game closer than it actually was.

Overall, in my opinion, I give the bulls a B to B+. They showed that they have the talent to explode at any point. Nothing but weapons at the skill positions. Buenger probably threw for about 130 and 3TDs. Runnels ran the ball effectively. Bryant showed some amazing moves in the open field. The pass/run blocking wasn't great, but wasn't bad either. It was the first game, and i look for the chemistry to build and it to get better. The defensive starters allowed 0 points, but didn't dominate. The allowed some nice runs by #9, and could tackle a bit better. They were without starting LB #43, who's arguably the best backer, so that hurt a little. I think the speed will be there, I'm anxious to see how we handle the power running game (Navasota).

Should be a fun year. Potential is there, let's stay healthy and let's roll.

By the way, the kid from Rockdale was impressive. The RB #9, I believe Williams. Very quick and agile, fun to watch. And I hope the QB's knee/hamstring, whatever it was turns out ok. It looked bad when it happened, but i thought I heard someone say it was a hammy, not a knee. Wish him a speedy recovery.