PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Lovejoy vs Pleasant Grove Region 2 Boys Hoops

LE Dad
02-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Lovejoy peeps what do ya'll think about this one? The Grove is the hottest team in 16 3A. They started off 1-3 and then reeled off 7 straight wins to finish 2nd to LE.

Charlie47
02-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi LE Dad, your better at calling this one. Lovejoy has good athletes but no stars. They're highest scorer goes at 14.5 pts
a game. They have a tough aggressive defense. Please post the scores for me. The coverage by the media is terrible coverage
for Lovejoy. They cover Allen like a glove but nothin' for Lovejoy.
Before the Regional finals football game the coverage was 51 words. Lovejoy school is only 3 miles from Allen. Thanks:clap:

icu812
02-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey LE Dad tell me about New Boston!

LE Dad
02-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Hi LE Dad, your better at calling this one. Lovejoy has good athletes but no stars. They're highest scorer goes at 14.5 pts
a game. They have a tough aggressive defense. Please post the scores for me. The coverage by the media is terrible coverage
for Lovejoy. They cover Allen like a glove but nothin' for Lovejoy.
Before the Regional finals football game the coverage was 51 words. Lovejoy school is only 3 miles from Allen. Thanks:clap:
PG has their QB at point. He is great on penetration, but if you try to overcommit to him they will kill you with baseline pick and roll and they have 2 guys that can bomb 3s. It should be an exciting game. i will do my best to get you some updates. I am not sure if it is being broadcast or not,but I should have a contact or 2 there.

LE Dad
02-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Hey LE Dad tell me about New Boston! NB started off 5-0 in district and then I guess everyone figured out how to stop them and they went 2-3 the second half. #4 can take it to the hole. The only way to stop him is to take a charge because he can walk on air and put the ball in from any angle. He is good at drawing contact. #11 is their only 3pt threat but if you can pressure him he is a turnover machine and they will put him on the bench. They play pressure D and try to keep a fast tempo on O. They lack depth but are very well conditioned. They will not give up.

icu812
02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks LE Dad. As long as NB doesn't have a huge 6'6" beast inside Van should make a game of it. If the refs forget their wistles we may have some difficulty if they are physical inside.

Good luck to LE!

LE Dad
02-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Thanks LE Dad. As long as NB doesn't have a huge 6'6" beast inside Van should make a game of it. If the refs forget their wistles we may have some difficulty if they are physical inside.

Good luck to LE! No real big kids. Just average size. I think this should be a toss up.

icu812
02-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
No real big kids. Just average size. I think this should be a toss up.

Hopefully we have better luck than last time we played in Tatum. LE hit a shot at the buzzer to beat us a couple yrs. ago in Tatum. 3rd round game I beleive. Heck of a game and very nice facilities.

LE Dad
02-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Just heard Lovejoy downs PG 41-39.

Charlie47
02-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Just heard Lovejoy downs PG 41-39.

LE Dad, thanks for the info! Purty good defense.:clap:

LE Dad
02-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
LE Dad, thanks for the info! Purty good defense.:clap: Yes, I would say D was good and they did a good job of slowing the pace of the game. :clap: :clap: