Yeah I couldn't see anyone going on board with that crap

coach
02-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Yeah I couldn't see anyone going on board with that crap

why fix something that aint broke?

NateDawg39
02-24-2010, 07:44 PM
People just want to see change for whatever reason. Texas would be in the running every year for the Big 10 title if they were in it :D

coach
02-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
People just want to see change for whatever reason. Texas would be in the running every year for the Big 10 title if they were in it :D

i could see a texas ohio state rivalry form

carter08
02-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by coach
i could see a texas ohio state rivalry form

Stating the obvious.

Sweetwater Red
02-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Oh well. I was kinda hoping UT would be open to joining the Big Ten. But, I guess things
are working for them in the Big Two. So, why
join a conference with a lucratitve TV
contract in hopes that in 5 years the Big Two get one. Not to mention increasing your
exposure to areas of athletes that rival the SEC?

coach
02-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Oh well. I was kinda hoping UT would be open to joining the Big Ten. But, I guess things
are working for them in the Big Two. So, why
join a conference with a lucratitve TV
contract in hopes that in 5 years the Big Two get one. Not to mention increasing your
exposure to areas of athletes that rival the SEC?

if you call the big 12 the big 2 then they moved to the big ten then i guess they would become the big 2...its a dumb move all around and i know its hard for this board to understand but its more than football that texas and the big ten is looking at

Sweetwater Red
02-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by coach
if you call the big 12 the big 2 then they moved to the big ten then i guess they would become the big 2...its a dumb move all around and i know its hard for this board to understand but its more than football that texas and the big ten is looking at

In all seriousness, I think Missouri or Iowa St. is who the BIg Ten is actually interested in. Nice for Dodds to beat his chest and talk about how great UT has it right now and doesn't care about tradition though.

eagles_victory
02-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
In all seriousness, I think Missouri or Iowa St. is who the BIg Ten is actually interested in. Nice for Dodds to beat his chest and talk about how great UT has it right now and doesn't care about tradition though. I seriously doubt he is looking at this as a chance to "beat his chest". There were reports and he was being questioned and he answered.

NastySlot
02-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Wisconsin AD said last week Texas wasn't in big picture of joining and that also he didn't see Notre Dame joining.

my guess....Syracuse, Pitt, Missouri and/or Iowa State.......strange thing I've always thought Kentucky would be a better fit for this conference than the SEC.

SintonPirateFan
02-25-2010, 09:14 AM
no way Kentucky leaves the SEC. their hatred for Tennessee alone would be enough to make them stay. plus they love their status of being in "the South"--no way would they leave that for a bunch of yankee schools.

LionKing
02-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Most of the smoke from this is coming from Big 10 country, look for Texas and Texas A&M in the next 5-10 years to make a move or at least be involved in some type of alliance, even if Mizzou does move to the Big 10. it won't be till 2013 and beyond anyways.

BEAST
02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
Most of the smoke from this is coming from Big 10 country, look for Texas and Texas A&M in the next 5-10 years to make a move or at least be involved in some type of alliance, even if Mizzou does move to the Big 10. it won't be till 2013 and beyond anyways.

What type of move are you talking about? Not sure what conferences would make sense to join or have room for 2 more teams.

BEAST

SintonPirateFan
02-25-2010, 12:09 PM

sounds like "Survivor"....

NastySlot
02-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
no way Kentucky leaves the SEC. their hatred for Tennessee alone would be enough to make them stay. plus they love their status of being in "the South"--no way would they leave that for a bunch of yankee schools.

oh no I know they wouldn't i have just always thought they would make better fit for the Big 10 rather than the SEC....sorta like I have always thought Clemson is more of an SEC school rather than ACC.

SintonPirateFan
02-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
oh no I know they wouldn't i have just always thought they would make better fit for the Big 10 rather than the SEC....sorta like I have always thought Clemson is more of an SEC school rather than ACC.

oh ok...now i smell what you're steppin in.

LionKing
02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
What type of move are you talking about? Not sure what conferences would make sense to join or have room for 2 more teams.

BEAST Nuggets I've picked up about are that Texas and Texas A&M would go together if they left the Big 12, ones not gonna leave without the other, as far as alliances, if Mizzou and Colorado happen to split the Big 12 like they very well could (Mizzou to Big 10, CU to the Pac 10) there's under the table mumblings about then adding 4 - 6 new schools to the conference to form a ''Super'' conference, of course Texas and Texas A&M could leave and join another proposed ''Super'' confernce, then we'd have the making of a great big ''soap opera'', stay tuned, this new decade is gonna be fun.

BEAST
02-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Nuggets I've picked up about are that Texas and Texas A&M would go together if they left the Big 12, ones not gonna leave without the other, as far as alliances, if Mizzou and Colorado happen to split the Big 12 like they very well could (Mizzou to Big 10, CU to the Pac 10) there's under the table mumblings about then adding 4 - 6 new schools to the conference to form a ''Super'' conference, of course Texas and Texas A&M could leave and join another proposed ''Super'' confernce, then we'd have the making of a great big ''soap opera'', stay tuned, this new decade is gonna be fun.

Gotcha. I didnt see how any of this was going to work without making a new conference. Makes more sense now. Enter TCU for one. I wonder who the others might be?

BEAST

injuredinmelee
02-25-2010, 02:31 PM
This was just bull crud rumors from the start. It makes no sense whatsoever for Texas to make that move. Notre Dame should be forced to join a conference but the pansies at the NCAA will never stand up to the big church.

CenTexSports
02-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Four super conferences. Force everybody to belong to one if they want to play for the National Championship and then have a four team tournament to decide the NC.

LionKing
02-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Gotcha. I didnt see how any of this was going to work without making a new conference. Makes more sense now. Enter TCU for one. I wonder who the others might be?

BEAST Yes, TCU is one likely school, 2-3 other possible or likely schools are BYU (the pac 10 really doesn't want any part of BYU or Boise St., the Big 12 might not either), Arkansas (they won't admit it openly, but UA would leave the SEC) and Univ. of Houston. As far as I can see, those would be the best to add on to the Big 12 and would be competitive athletically, and not too bad academically either. Other than Arkansas, I just don't see any other schools from the BCS conferences joining the Big 12 in the near future.

eagleqb_14
02-25-2010, 07:06 PM
thank God