PDA

View Full Version : T.A's really make me mad

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Who hated T.A's when they were in college? Or who hates them now?

I could probably really hurt one of mine right now lol

The class is awesome because the professor is a Senior Lecturer who gives GREAT lectures and is easy to understand and take notes about. But this T.A will come in once every 2 weeks to lecture and he SUCKS. Then, he gets to make the tests so since he isn't even there for the real professors lectures... the tests are coming out of no where:mad: The real professor graded our term papers, which I made an A on. And he administers and grades are quizzes, I have an A+ average on all those. But my first test 2 weeks back I made an 88 on:mad: Two questions didn't even have a right answer and one other had two correct answers and I brought them to the attention of the T.A during the test and he told me to go sit back down and that he didn't make a mistake. And wouldn't you know... I missed all three of those.

Ok, my rant is done.

coach
02-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Who hated T.A's when they were in college? Or who hates them now?

I could probably really hurt one of mine right now lol

The class is awesome because the professor is a Senior Lecturer who gives GREAT lectures and is easy to understand and take notes about. But this T.A will come in once every 2 weeks to lecture and he SUCKS. Then, he gets to make the tests so since he isn't even there for the real professors lectures... the tests are coming out of no where:mad: The real professor graded our term papers, which I made an A on. And he administers and grades are quizzes, I have an A+ average on all those. But my first test 2 weeks back I made an 88 on:mad: Two questions didn't even have a right answer and one other had two correct answers and I brought them to the attention of the T.A during the test and he told me to go sit back down and that he didn't make a mistake. And wouldn't you know... I missed all three of those.

Ok, my rant is done.

i mean you did make an 88...and your grade is still an A. Obviously this guys is a moron so just give him abreak and be happy with your lowest grade being an 88

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by coach
i mean you did make an 88...and your grade is still an A. Obviously this guys is a moron so just give him abreak and be happy with your lowest grade being an 88

I realize im bitching about something that isn't THAT bad all. But it just makes me mad because if i wasn't studying my ass off he'd be hoeing me. Most others in the class BOMBED the test because he made the test. Not to mention he's just one of those dudes that you want to hit right in the face as soon as you see him. LOL I know you know what I am talking about, he's just one of those guys that you instantly don't like...

Figured me airing it out would open the door to some other funny stories about dumb TA's

coach
02-24-2010, 01:13 PM
I realize im bitching about something that isn't THAT bad all. But it just makes me mad because if i wasn't studying my ass off he'd be hoeing me. Most others in the class BOMBED the test because he made the test. Not to mention he's just one of those dudes that you want to hit right in the face as soon as you see him. LOL I know you know what I am talking about, he's just one of those guys that you instantly don't like...

Figured me airing it out would open the door to some other funny stories about dumb TA's

i understand your frustration. I took a biology class and the prof was from germany and had a heavy german accent. She said if you cant understand me then we will be issuing you a TA. The Ta was also from Germany and had a heavier accent then the Prof...

BaseballUmp
02-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Haha and do they have to act like the biggest d-bags ever when handing out tests and taking them up? I swear they have the worst attitude in the world.

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
i understand your frustration. I took a biology class and the prof was from germany and had a heavy german accent. She said if you cant understand me then we will be issuing you a TA. The Ta was also from Germany and had a heavier accent then the Prof...

I would have to kill someone lol I had an Astronomy professor last semester that was Vietnamese and straight up he could not speak a lick of english, none.

We called him Johnny Tsunami LMAO

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Haha and do they have to act like the biggest d-bags ever when handing out tests and taking them up? I swear they have the worst attitude in the world.

YESSS.

GreenMonster
02-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Dumb T.A.'s eh, yep I've had a few. My favorite was my Test and Measurements class. weren't really TA's but they were the lab instructors, had 2 of them. They were grad students and I am almost 100% positive that they were stealing our information for their own use in their graduate classes. I was a SR taking 22 hours (long story) to graduate and these to donkeys wanted me to prepare a lab report that took me 11 hours to put together for the very first one. I went to the instructor and complained that this one credit hour took up more time than all 21 of my other credit hours combined for 2 weeks. That did no good. So I went to all of the labs and participated just never turned in another lab report. The donkeys were mad and said that if I didn't start turning in the lab reports they would have me kicked out of the class. So again I go to the Prof. He assures me that they do not have the power to kick me out, but the lab did count for 25% of my grade and participation was half of the 25%. So I asked that so long as I showed up for all the labs and participated I would get half of the lab credit. Prof confirmed that, so I just kept coming to the lab and never turned in a report. Aced the class and took home a "B" after the lab guys took my 12.5 points away.
Seemed fair enough to me.

coach
02-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I would have to kill someone lol I had an Astronomy professor last semester that was Vietnamese and straight up he could not speak a lick of english, none.

We called him Johnny Tsunami LMAO

sup bra...those are some killer waves dude

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Dumb T.A.'s eh, yep I've had a few. My favorite was my Test and Measurements class. weren't really TA's but they were the lab instructors, had 2 of them. They were grad students and I am almost 100% positive that they were stealing our information for their own use in their graduate classes. I was a SR taking 22 hours (long story) to graduate and these to donkeys wanted me to prepare a lab report that took me 11 hours to put together for the very first one. I went to the instructor and complained that this one credit hour took up more time than all 21 of my other credit hours combined for 2 weeks. That did no good. So I went to all of the labs and participated just never turned in another lab report. The donkeys were mad and said that if I didn't start turning in the lab reports they would have me kicked out of the class. So again I go to the Prof. He assures me that they do not have the power to kick me out, but the lab did count for 25% of my grade and participation was half of the 25%. So I asked that so long as I showed up for all the labs and participated I would get half of the lab credit. Prof confirmed that, so I just kept coming to the lab and never turned in a report. Aced the class and took home a "B" after the lab guys took my 12.5 points away.
Seemed fair enough to me.

Homeboys tires would have been slashed for sure....

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
sup bra...those are some killer waves dude

LOL

Phil C
02-24-2010, 02:24 PM
What is a T.A.?

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
What is a T.A.?

teachers assistant

BaseballUmp
02-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Teachers assistants that are usually graduate students with bad attitudes

Phil C
02-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Thank you. We didn't have those when I went to college. :)

turbostud
02-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Just take online classes. You dont have to deal with idiots, fight for parking, etc. but you do have to write alot of papers.

STANG RED
02-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you. We didn't have those when I went to college. :)

To put it more in your time period Phil, Jesus’ TAs were the 12 apostles. :p