PDA

View Full Version : Should be a great hockey game tonight

crzyjournalist03
02-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Canada faces Russia in an elimination game in Men's Hockey. These two teams were the favorites to meet in the gold medal game before the tournament started, but USA really fouled that plan up by upsetting Canada on Sunday.

If you've never gotten into hockey much, I think that this game will show you a lot of what you've been missing. I expect that it will be very physical and very aggressive offensively on both sides.

I'm not sure what channel it will be on, but I'd be willing to bet that it will be on MSNBC. The game is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m.

SintonPirateFan
02-24-2010, 10:48 AM
CNBC

Sweetwater Red
02-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Canada faces Russia in an elimination game in Men's Hockey. These two teams were the favorites to meet in the gold medal game before the tournament started, but USA really fouled that plan up by upsetting Canada on Sunday.

If you've never gotten into hockey much, I think that this game will show you a lot of what you've been missing. I expect that it will be very physical and very aggressive offensively on both sides.

I'm not sure what channel it will be on, but I'd be willing to bet that it will be on MSNBC. The game is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m.

I plan on watching. I'm thinking I'd want Russia to win. I don't
know if we'd want to face Canada again. I wonder if Luongo
will do much better than Brodeur.:thinking:

....That's assuming the US beats the Swiss today.

Phil C
02-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Will it be tape delay or live? I hope it is live.

I also think that the loser will play in the bronze medal round so we need to win our game to insure at least a silver medal.

crzyjournalist03
02-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Will it be tape delay or live? I hope it is live.

I also think that the loser will play in the bronze medal round so we need to win our game to insure at least a silver medal.

This is only the quarterfinals, so there's another round before guaranteeing a medal. Whoever loses today will NOT get any medal.

And the game will be aired live if it's on CNBC as another poster said it was earlier.

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 11:09 AM
This is only the quarterfinals, so there's another round before guaranteeing a medal. Whoever loses today will NOT get any medal.

And the game will be aired live if it's on CNBC as another poster said it was earlier.

i hope russia wins, i love seeing canada's pride and joy let them down:devil:

this olympics i have really gotten into hockey. i've watched all the USA games, 2 canada games and 1 russian game. That's more hockey than i watched in my first 20 years on earth lol

Sweetwater Red
02-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Anybody know where there might be a video or audio stream
of the US/Swiss game? I can't seem to find one.

crzyjournalist03
02-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Anybody know where there might be a video or audio stream
of the US/Swiss game? I can't seem to find one.

I heard it was on NBC...if you don't have access to a television, try justin.tv online...they usually carry stuff like that.

SintonPirateFan
02-24-2010, 02:26 PM
LINK (http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/live-full-replays.html)

Sweetwater Red
02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
I heard it was on NBC...if you don't have access to a television, try justin.tv online...they usually carry stuff like that.

Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
LINK (http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/live-full-replays.html)

Gotchya thanks. I guess I'm blind. I had just left the NBC site. :doh:

turbostud
02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
I hope them Ruskies send them Canucks packin.