PDA

View Full Version : Bandera vs Bellville

Scout24
12-13-2002, 12:38 AM
I am very familiar with Bandera as I attend all their games and I would like to assess how I think this game will go. First the keys to victory for each team.

Bellville-1)Hold Bandera under 24 points. 2)Control the clock and move the chains. 3)Force Bandera to turn the ball over early and get them down. 4)Make adjustments when Bandera gets rolling, if you don't, it will be a long afternoon. 5)Since you run a 4-3, make Heep beat you, use different schemes to throw the passing game off.

Bandera-1)Establish the pass early. 2)Don't turn the ball over. 3)Make Bellville's offense beat you, score in the high 20s early 30s. 4)Play hard all 4 quarters. 5)Field Position Field Position Field Position.

How I think the game will go:
Bandera and Bellville are both going to come to play. This is as big as they get. Winner goes to the big one and plays for the trophy while the loser goes home. Bandera expects a shootout, they will score points, they have one of the best offenses in the state and I expect nothing less on Saturday. Bellville's offense is going to have to score to stay in it, but I do not expect a shootout, because Bandera's defense is playing well and they should be able to contain Bellville for most of the night. Hicks and Heep will decide this one. That combo usually combines for 400 plus yards and they'll need that to win. I expect a close one at the half, maybe 14-10 Bellville. I expect Bandera to come back in the 2nd half as they have done throughout the playoffs and pull off another magical victory in the end say 31-28. The winner of this game definitely wins the title in my book.

Aggiemom
12-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Scout24, sounds like a nailbiter prediction to me. I wish Bandera the best of luck. I am counting on you guys to win so I can finally make one of your playoff games, and the BIG ONE at that! District 25 rocks!

Brahma73
12-13-2002, 05:48 PM
Scout24:
I am very familiar with Bandera as I attend all their games and I would like to assess how I think this game will go. First the keys to victory for each team.

Bellville-1)Hold Bandera under 24 points. 2)Control the clock and move the chains. 3)Force Bandera to turn the ball over early and get them down. 4)Make adjustments when Bandera gets rolling, if you don't, it will be a long afternoon. 5)Since you run a 4-3, make Heep beat you, use different schemes to throw the passing game off.

Bandera-1)Establish the pass early. 2)Don't turn the ball over. 3)Make Bellville's offense beat you, score in the high 20s early 30s. 4)Play hard all 4 quarters. 5)Field Position Field Position Field Position.

How I think the game will go:
Bandera and Bellville are both going to come to play. This is as big as they get. Winner goes to the big one and plays for the trophy while the loser goes home. Bandera expects a shootout, they will score points, they have one of the best offenses in the state and I expect nothing less on Saturday. Bellville's offense is going to have to score to stay in it, but I do not expect a shootout, because Bandera's defense is playing well and they should be able to contain Bellville for most of the night. Hicks and Heep will decide this one. That combo usually combines for 400 plus yards and they'll need that to win. I expect a close one at the half, maybe 14-10 Bellville. I expect Bandera to come back in the 2nd half as they have done throughout the playoffs and pull off another magical victory in the end say 31-28. The winner of this game definitely wins the title in my book.Nice post, 24! :) I really agree very much with the way you see this game playing out. This scenario could work for either team and is the sort of game I expect. This will be a game played by (though we sometimes forget) teen-age kids. Things happen we and they don't plan on.

I see both offenses as being potent and remarkably similar, based on what I've heard about the Bulldogs. We always stand to be corrected by the actions of these fine young players, but in my opinion, the team whose defense finds the magic is the likely winner. I predicted a (biased) win for the Brahmas on another post, mainly because I think our D is gaining more and more confidence and is learning to handle real good athletes. However, your combination of passing capabilities and that big #35 worry me a great deal. eek! Can't wait for Saturday!! wink

By the way, I really enjoy the interaction with you folks on 3ADL. Bandera boosters come across with a lot of class and genuine enthusiasm. I hope you feel the same from us. It's all about a game played by kids. What a great arena for the young people of our communities to perform in. No matter who wins, they'll all have memories to last a lifetime. Good luck and good health to you Bandera!

UTathlete1
12-13-2002, 09:31 PM
I think that Bellville will come out fired up and will stop heep and hicks. Bellville:28 Bandera:10
Take state!