Maroon87
02-23-2010, 06:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4939740

slingshot
02-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Soooo..... what did he say???

Sweetwater Red
02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
That sucks. I really like the goofball and his knucklehead co-host.

Anybody know what he actually said?

Keith7
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That sucks. I really like the goofball and his knucklehead co-host.

Anybody know what he actually said?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/02/tony-kornheiser-hannah-storm-espn.html

bobcat4life
02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/02/tony-kornheiser-hannah-storm-espn.html he could have said much worse....I dont think he should have been suspended though

Daddy D 11
02-23-2010, 07:21 PM
ESPN is gay. I am getting rather tired of it, it is becoming too big of a conglomerate and thinks that it controls too much. No one really cares what the hell he said about her. They need to realize the culture and the type of people that they are appealing too. Young men, young boys and older men. No one freaking cares what he said about her because they most likely love the way she looks. They are trying to be too politically correct when they should just focus on sports. They are not CNN, MSNBC, FOX or anything like that. They don't cover serious topics, political topics, or ethical topics. They cover sports. So quit trying to be all professional like the others. The media now a days in any circumstance is a complete joke.

Sweetwater Red
02-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/02/tony-kornheiser-hannah-storm-espn.html

That's not bad at all. I've noticed that she dresses kind of slutty too. But, I ain't complaining.

Btw. Nate your PM box is full. My reply was Gotchya and thanks.

eagles_victory
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
ESPN is gay. I am getting rather tired of it, it is becoming too big of a conglomerate and thinks that it controls too much. No one really cares what the hell he said about her. They need to realize the culture and the type of people that they are appealing too. Young men, young boys and older men. No one freaking cares what he said about her because they most likely love the way she looks. They are trying to be too politically correct when they should just focus on sports. They are not CNN, MSNBC, FOX or anything like that. They don't cover serious topics, political topics, or ethical topics. They cover sports. So quit trying to be all professional like the others. The media now a days in any circumstance is a complete joke. With all the harassment issues and things in the past that have happened at ESPN they probably felt the need to send a message. Not saying I agree with it but I think some of the past things that have happened with on air personalities there may have played a part in this.

Daddy D 11
02-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
With all the harassment issues and things in the past that have happened at ESPN they probably felt the need to send a message. Not saying I agree with it but I think some of the past things that have happened with on air personalities there may have played a part in this.

Good point. Still, banning him for X amount doesn't solve anything or make ESPN look like any better of a broadcast network. If they wanted to send a message that ESPN isn't just a bunch of perverts talking about sports they should have gone WAY over the top and fired him, you know?

PhiI C
02-23-2010, 08:13 PM
He will try and do better the next time.

:)

bobcat4life
02-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
He will try and do better the next time.

:) So will Tiger and Keith

eagles_victory
02-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Good point. Still, banning him for X amount doesn't solve anything or make ESPN look like any better of a broadcast network. If they wanted to send a message that ESPN isn't just a bunch of perverts talking about sports they should have gone WAY over the top and fired him, you know? I think they are thinking of it as we suspend him for 2 weeks it makes national news (on yahoo front page earlier) and it sends 3 messages. 1. To their viewers and to the the national media that ESPN isn't like you said a bunch of perverts talking sports.

2. A message to the men working at the Worldwide Leader that this behavior won't be tolerated not after the Phillips thing that happened earlier. Tony is one of the most over guys at the network and if he isn't above this punishment noone is and this stuff will not be tolerated even in a joking manner.

3. I think after the Erin Andrews ordeal and the thing with the intern they want the woman at the network to know they are being protected from harassment type situations. Not to mention it's also just the world we live in of political correctness and whatnot.

This way you send a message even though in my opinion it was unneccessary and over the top and all you do is lose Tony for 2 weeks. 2 weeks isn't going to really matter much at all in the long haul. I really think they were hunting positive P.R. at the expense of Kornheiser which pisses me off.

Daddy D 11
02-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I really think they were hunting positive P.R. at the expense of Kornheiser which pisses me off.

Agreed. good points

TRENCHES06
02-24-2010, 12:46 AM
wow

TexMike
02-24-2010, 08:06 AM
The outfit that got him all riled up:

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/Hannah-Storm-SportsCenter-outfit.jpg

PhiI C
02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
This is all a crazy disgrace that ESPN Cable has done. I"m going to cancel my subscription.

SintonPirateFan
02-24-2010, 08:45 AM
after seeing what she was wearing........i would have said worse.

she looks like an extra in Austin Powers 2

bobcat4life
02-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

she looks like an extra in Austin Powers 2 thats exactly what I was thinking......

Farmersfan
02-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

she looks like an extra in Austin Powers 2

Do you look like Tony Kornheiser?

Tony looks like a walking advertisment for Greshin Formula, the Comb Over, Depends, Erectile Dysfunction and a Alzheimer's Care Facility!!!! He should be fired simply for the irony of his comments.

BreckTxLonghorn
02-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Two good points I heard on this:

1) In basic form, this is workplace harrassment. If you said that loud enough in your office about Suzy in accounting, and she heard, you could get fired. If he would have said that about a female hockey player, itd raise eyebrows, but no biggie. It's that they're co-employees and, like it or not, our legal system would allow this in civil court. And if I'm correct, Tony only was suspended from tv time, he'll still do his radio show.

2) He also made a comment right after about certain employees who lost the weight, went on Nutrisystems, commercials, then gained the weight back. Someone then said " you mean back, back, back, gone". A direct reference to Chris Berman. Berman's contract is up after this year, and ESPN could have also created this suspension as a way to remove a bargaining Chip. Word is Berman's going to ask for a lot, and him saying "I put up with people on our own team ripping on me and you do nothing about it" is a very viable bargaining chip. By suspending Kornheiser, ESPN can rebut and say "We fully protect you as much as we can;we even suspended Kornheiser for his comments and made it seem like it was more for the Hannah Storm incident."

Just interesting I think...

STANG RED
02-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Hannah Storm is a babe, I dont care what age she is.

The man should have been beheaded for his comments. :D

Buckeye1980
02-24-2010, 11:20 AM
ESPN is gay. I am getting rather tired of it, it is becoming too big of a conglomerate and thinks that it controls too much. No one really cares what the hell he said about her. They need to realize the culture and the type of people that they are appealing too. Young men, young boys and older men. No one freaking cares what he said about her because they most likely love the way she looks. They are trying to be too politically correct when they should just focus on sports. They are not CNN, MSNBC, FOX or anything like that. They don't cover serious topics, political topics, or ethical topics. They cover sports. So quit trying to be all professional like the others. The media now a days in any circumstance is a complete joke. :ditto:

Sweetwater Red
02-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Do you look like Tony Kornheiser?

Tony looks like a walking advertisment for Greshin Formula, the Comb Over, Depends, Erectile Dysfunction and a Alzheimer's Care Facility!!!! He should be fired simply for the irony of his comments.

Kornheiser took to the airwaves to apologize Tuesday (Feb. 19): "I apologize, unequivocally ... I'm a sarcastic, subversive guy ... I'm a troll, look at me. I have no right to insult what anybody looks like or what anybody wears. That, I think, should go without saying."

link (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/kornheiser-storm-espn.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2010/02/tony-kornheiser-suspended-from-espn-for-hannah-storm-comments.html&usg=__tEoV8LyQx1_p_YAHoLwfbmz47lo=&h=250&w=450&sz=25&hl=en&start=40&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=TzB3bUrzU2gg1M:&tbnh=71&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhannah%2Bstorm%26start%3D20%26um%3D1% 26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1)

SintonPirateFan
02-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Kornheiser took to the airwaves to apologize Tuesday (Feb. 19): "I apologize, unequivocally ... I'm a sarcastic, subversive guy ... I'm a troll, look at me. I have no right to insult what anybody looks like or what anybody wears. That, I think, should go without saying."

link (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/kornheiser-storm-espn.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2010/02/tony-kornheiser-suspended-from-espn-for-hannah-storm-comments.html&usg=__tEoV8LyQx1_p_YAHoLwfbmz47lo=&h=250&w=450&sz=25&hl=en&start=40&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=TzB3bUrzU2gg1M:&tbnh=71&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhannah%2Bstorm%26start%3D20%26um%3D1% 26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1)

he's ugly, he knows he's ugly, so he should be able to make fun of other people when THEY look ugly. isn't that how it works in today's society? if you ARE one, you can make fun of others who are??

maroogreen
02-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
He also made a comment right after about certain employees who lost the weight, went on Nutrisystems, commercials, then gained the weight back. Someone then said " you mean back, back, back, gone". A direct reference to Chris Berman. Berman's contract is up after this year, and ESPN could have also created this suspension as a way to remove a bargaining Chip. Word is Berman's going to ask for a lot, and him saying "I put up with people on our own team ripping on me and you do nothing about it" is a very viable bargaining chip. By suspending Kornheiser, ESPN can rebut and say "We fully protect you as much as we can;we even suspended Kornheiser for his comments and made it seem like it was more for the Hannah Storm incident."

Agreed. I think this actually has more to do with Berman than Storm. Storm was reportedly irritated, but is not the one who demanded an apology. She's been a woman in a man's profession for decades--I'm sure she's heard worse, both on and off camera. But blaming it on the Storm comment makes ESPN look chivalrous instead of wormy for siding with a fat guy whose contract is up for renegotiation. Not to mention is garners publicity for ESPN, PTI, etc. And there is no such thing as bad publicity.