doesnt really matter bc they suck anyways

crzyjournalist03
02-23-2010, 02:39 PM
clearing room for LT?

turbostud
02-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
clearing room for LT?

Or New Orleans if they dont bring back Reggie Bush. Maybe the Chargers will try to pick up Bush.

LE Dad
02-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by coach
doesnt really matter bc they suck anyways :clap: :clap:

:D

Phil C
02-23-2010, 05:39 PM
:(

NateDawg39
02-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Not really surprised but he has been there a while

Txbroadcaster
02-23-2010, 06:07 PM
This is why I never have a problem with players wanting more secure money. There career is not going to be long and the teams have no type of loyalty to the player when it comes time to cut them

coach
02-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
This is why I never have a problem with players wanting more secure money. There career is not going to be long and the teams have no type of loyalty to the player when it comes time to cut them

emmitt smith, brian westbrook, ladanian tomlinson, ivan rodriguez, who else?

crzyjournalist03
02-23-2010, 06:25 PM
emmitt smith, brian westbrook, ladanian tomlinson, ivan rodriguez, who else?

pudge has never been cut in his career....

coach
02-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
pudge has never been cut in his career....

but the rangers didnt resign him when they should have

Keith7
02-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Bye bye Westbrook, sorry it had to come to this but it's in the best interest of the team. Now we'll see what LeSean McCoy can do on a fulltime basis.

Another plus is now the Eagles have more moola to sign Julius Peppers

Daddy D 11
02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Keith, do you think they should keep McNabb or trade him?

NateDawg39
02-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Bye bye Westbrook, sorry it had to come to this but it's in the best interest of the team. Now we'll see what LeSean McCoy can do on a fulltime basis.

Another plus is now the Eagles have more moola to sign Julius Peppers More than the Pats? I hear they are making a strong push for him. Honestly I think his style would be beneficial in Philly rather than New England

Keith7
02-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Keith, do you think they should keep McNabb or trade him?

I'm on Team McNabb but I would say most Eagles fans are ready for him to go.. Personally I think he gives us the best chance to win, Kolb filled in nicely last year when McNabb went out but who knows what he would do full time

Daddy D 11
02-23-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm on Team McNabb but I would say most Eagles fans are ready for him to go.. Personally I think he gives us the best chance to win, Kolb filled in nicely last year when McNabb went out but who knows what he would do full time

Yeah never liked McNabb at all, I think he whines too much. And is very "woe me", but that's just my impression of him. I'd like to see Kolb start only because he is a Texas boy. I think they should deal McNabb, time to turn a new leaf.

eagles_victory
02-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
This is why I never have a problem with players wanting more secure money. There career is not going to be long and the teams have no type of loyalty to the player when it comes time to cut them I don't mind it either as long as you don't say what Sprewell said a few years ago.

Sweetwater Red
02-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Am I mistaken or is Westbrook one or two concussions away from having
to be spoon fed by the time his 50? If that's the case, I hope he hangs him up.

Daddy D 11
02-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Am I mistaken or is Westbrook one or two concussions away from having
to be spoon fed by the time his 50? If that's the case, I hope he hangs him up.

haha:clap:

coach
02-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I don't mind it either as long as you don't say what Sprewell said a few years ago.

a man has to feed his kids

carter08
02-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Kevin Kolb! GO COOGS!

Daddy D 11
02-23-2010, 08:42 PM
a man has to feed his kids

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
02-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Kevin Kolb! GO COOGS!

Right?!?! And go Andre Ware, David Klingler and...uh...Case Keenum! Oh..wait...nevermind. :doh:

carter08
02-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Right?!?! And go Andre Ware, David Klingler and...uh...Case Keenum! Oh..wait...nevermind. :doh:

ANDRE WARE WON A HEISMAN YOU SHUT UP.

TRENCHES06
02-24-2010, 12:45 AM

Farmersfan
02-24-2010, 10:33 AM
As a Cowboys fan I am loving this move. I know Westbrook has had some concussion problems and injury problems but cutting him makes the Eagles much, much less of a team. Westbrook and McNabb were basically the only reason the Eagles could hang with the Cowboys over the last decade or so. Losing just one of those two makes the Eagles much worst and if they lose both the Cowboys will OWN them again just like they did before...........

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 11:01 AM
LaSean McCoy is younger and better than Westbrook. If anything they are better off dropping him, now they can pick up a solid late round running back to be the backup to McCoy and have 2 young sets of legs to run out there onto the field. Definitely helps, not hurts.

Keith7
02-24-2010, 03:10 PM
LaSean McCoy is younger and better than Westbrook. If anything they are better off dropping him, now they can pick up a solid late round running back to be the backup to McCoy and have 2 young sets of legs to run out there onto the field. Definitely helps, not hurts.

Agreed but you have to forgive cowgirl fans, they really don't know how the NFL works.

Farmersfan
02-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Agreed but you have to forgive cowgirl fans, they really don't know how the NFL works.

Oh ye of little faith! Mark my words Keith7, the Eagles won't be half the team they were with McNabb and Westbrook. As a straight up runner McCoy might be comparable to Westbrook but that wasn't where Westbrook did most of his damage. The RB screen passes and catches in the flat was where he killed the Cowboys. I predict Philly drops into a battle with the Redskins for last place if they let go of McNabb also. And McNabb was primarily the biggest reason I hate the Eagles.

Farmersfan
02-24-2010, 04:47 PM

Keep wishing Daddy D11.

A healthy Lesean McCoy. 155 carries for 637 yards. 4.1 avg.

A injuried Westbrook: 61 carries for 277 yards. 4.5 avg.

The Eagles are much worst without Westbrook......

Farmersfan
02-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Receiving:

A healthy McCoy: 40 for 308 yards. 7.7 avg.

A injured Westbrook: 25 for 181 yards. 7.2 avg.

Keith7
02-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Oh ye of little faith! Mark my words Keith7, the Eagles won't be half the team they were with McNabb and Westbrook. As a straight up runner McCoy might be comparable to Westbrook but that wasn't where Westbrook did most of his damage. The RB screen passes and catches in the flat was where he killed the Cowboys. I predict Philly drops into a battle with the Redskins for last place if they let go of McNabb also. And McNabb was primarily the biggest reason I hate the Eagles.

LOL we didn't have Westbrook for all but 3 games this season and we sure were battling for last place huh? Give me a break, you're thinking of the Westbrook of 2 years ago. He isn't anything now, McCoy can catch screen passes with the best of them the Eagles are better because now they have more room to sign free agents. Get a clue

Pick6
02-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Give me a break, you're thinking of the Westbrook of 2 years ago. He isn't anything now, Get a clue

Dawkins is like 37 years old, he could barely cover anybody man to man last year, him moving on is actually a good thing for the Eagles.. The Eagles replaced him with Shaun Brown from Cleveland who has been a solid player for the past few years and will fill that role nicely.. Also don't forget that we got Ellis Hobbd from New England to further sure up the secondary..

Seems like you said the same thing about Dawkins last year. Anyone in their right mind would know and admit that letting him go was a mistake.

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Keep wishing Daddy D11.

A healthy Lesean McCoy. 155 carries for 637 yards. 4.1 avg.

A injuried Westbrook: 61 carries for 277 yards. 4.5 avg.

The Eagles are much worst without Westbrook......

Give me 10 at-bats and I'l probably be batting 400, but make me take 3 times that many at-bats and I bet I am not hitting 400 anymore.

Injuries or no injuries, I will take McCoys 350 more yards over Westbrooks measly .4 yards increase in average per touch.

And farmersfan, I am a Cowboys fan. So there is no wishing, I was just stating my opinion. But I will say, in the past you have proven to jump right into Cowboy/Eagle related threads and post some real dumb stuff... and you did not disappoint. So I respect your consistency, it is admirable, in a sad sort of way.

Farmersfan
02-25-2010, 09:39 AM
LOL we didn't have Westbrook for all but 3 games this season and we sure were battling for last place huh? Give me a break, you're thinking of the Westbrook of 2 years ago. He isn't anything now, McCoy can catch screen passes with the best of them the Eagles are better because now they have more room to sign free agents. Get a clue

I believe I said the Eagles would be in a fight for second to last IF they cut/trade McNabb also. And without Westbrook for most of the season the Cowboys KILLED the Eagles twice in 3 head to heads this season. If you go back and look at recent history you will see that the Eagles success over the Cowboys basically started with McNabb and Westbrook..........That's all over now so it's back to 30 years of Cowboy dominance again.

Farmersfan
02-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Give me 10 at-bats and I'l probably be batting 400, but make me take 3 times that many at-bats and I bet I am not hitting 400 anymore.

Injuries or no injuries, I will take McCoys 350 more yards over Westbrooks measly .4 yards increase in average per touch.

And farmersfan, I am a Cowboys fan. So there is no wishing, I was just stating my opinion. But I will say, in the past you have proven to jump right into Cowboy/Eagle related threads and post some real dumb stuff... and you did not disappoint. So I respect your consistency, it is admirable, in a sad sort of way.

See, the thing is even with the "10 at bats" nonsense you posted, Westbrook had the lowest performance numbers of his career and STILL beat McCoy!
If you feel Westbrook is too subject to injury therefore McCoy would be the better choice then that makes sense but there is no way McCoy is a better player than Westbrook. At least not at this point in his career. If Westbrook can get healthy and stay healthy I don't think McCoy would touch his numbers.....